What Powers/abilites/weapons do you think Overperform?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

People that find it easy are the ones using broken things or have people in the group that use it,if they wouldnt use them they would find it hard,nerf that and then see how many actually ask for harder content probably nobody anymore.

The raids are litteraly a cakewalk vs nightmare difference in elitists groups the damage is doing most of the work ive played with one of those top tier tank i thought turns out he would die from left to right (from mechanics)once he didnt have his OP dps buddies to carry it.

The longer the fight goes the more likely the Tank will die,its much easyier to survive when you have insane ST damage.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Including you right, I mean you did admit to being in those groups "cheesing up" content day 1 right, but it's ok if you're doing it?

Does anything at all perform within a range you find acceptable? Legitimately wondering...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Interjecting here for a moment -

As a non-Speed, Mental Precision DPS: DW -> Flurry is only "OP" if you're using it as the interjection in a rotation containing Dervish (or with other identified overperformers) which really seems to implicate the other item - an assertion that even our in-house testing guru has confirmed repeatedly, indicating that it overperforms compared to other Movement Mode Abilities in the same category.

Testing it in comparison to the Might Meta single target list without that egregious overperformer in the rotation currently places it below Electric for single target without that other item. I'm sure it'll improve a little as I get further into the new DLC, but I'm also sure a little is all it will improve because "200 Arts, 54K base Precision, and 450 SP" is a stable base.

Electric single target. Read that again.

That's pretty far down the Meta list, ESPECIALLY for a weapon combo that has NO AoE functionality whatsoever.

Maybe that other item, which is verified broken, is - in fact - actually broken. Maybe that's the tree you should be barking up instead.

That aside - when it comes to the balance discussion, stop coming for Precision: weapon combos are universal; on occasion, yes, things egregiously overperform. Doom Spin (pre-fix) was a good example of this (even though - to be blunt - the combo should be a little hot because of the mandatory point-blank usage requirement and long execute time) - OG DW Flurry had some issues, but nowadays it's only really out of line because of the things people stack next to it.

You can add merciless supercharge spam, an overpowered short-execute Movement Mode Ability, or a Powerset famous for having broken clipping allowing it to blatantly overperform to almost ANYTHING and make it look Broke.

Continuing to come for the combo itself, after identifying multiple surrounding factors exacerbating its own admittedly decent performance, and addressing none of them?

That seems like deliberately trying to keep something else off the chopping block.
    • Like x 1
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Yes ofcourse it includes me not lying on that im using DWFS like most elitists do.

Range ST Attacks generally shouldnt be hitting so hard and should be adjusted based on this knowledge that nuking a boss to oblivion is one maybe the most broken way to make content easyier then intented especially since people have a buff troller (that spamms DWFS too) and are allowed to use 4-5 DPS in a elite raid i mean yeaahhh imagine the ST nuke.

Also theres another artifact called parasite and something that boosts prec further,gg.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

What's the bet your gadgets as well right... lol

Also you keep acting like DWFS is the problem but then on the other hand complain about buff trollers who are primarily equipping themselves to benefit mostly might based damage dealers.

Why exactly do you think people stack DPS? You people keep asking for ridiculous burn checks then cry when people do what's obviously necessary and start stacking burn... it's so delicious when the chickens come home to roost and you don't seem to realise it.

Adjusted to what exactly? You still haven't said what an acceptable damage parse is?
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Yes the clipping makes DWFS op thats the point and i dont see why we are being allowed to clip it?
  7. zNot Loyal Player

The claw increaes crit also for prec so its not only good for might and no who asked for burn checks? Im always been saying increase support roll difficulty, make dps not have a effect on difficulty in elite raids.

This has been going on so many Episodes its all about st dps st dps st dps all solo tank solo heal buff troll and no power struggle on anyone its sad.. the devs do listen to feedback and i definetly know that we have great devs i do feel kinda bad for having to write all of this ,like i really like the work the devs do its just this issue with everything being about DPS its so heavy on having high ST damage dealers in the group.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

If you jump cancel it, you lose a hit - flat out - from the damage it does. If you can manage to do so consistently, without clipping it too early, you can potentially make up the damage from those missing hits by working in an extra rotation inside of the alotted time before your Precision buff cooldown expires. That doesn't make it OP - that maintains a base functionality for it at the cost of first learning how to use it correctly.

That doesn't change that you're switching it out for another weapon or build entirely any time there's more than one target on the screen. It's a very limited function move that performs well within its field of performance alone, and is pretty much crap outside of that field.

That's not the clipping that causes the problem.

You'll notice people don't talk about how "overpowered" the Mental Precision platform is because it doesn't have an overperforming Supercharge (Electric, Rage) and it doesn't have an overly forgiving clipping functionality (Gadgets) - hell, the only "nice" thing about Precision as a Mental user is the fact that Menace cooldown is 1.2 seconds shorter, thereby allowing you to maintain more functional uptime with Neo Venom Boost, and even that can be argue to be of extremely limited benefit. I would know.

My point being, you remove DWFS from that specific set of conditions and it becomes a fairly inline combo, and instead of coming for those conditions you're coming for the combo.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Overperform? You mean do what they're supposed to and allow you to get thru content and go on with your day? Cmon Z, no one's gonna be "please Dimensional Ink make us weaker so we spend two hours trying to beat Stabilizer Duo cause we have nothing better to do"? Man, there's people who speed hack, then there's people who wanna nerf the balance of the game to make Elite harder? Weird flex
    • Like x 4
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, but it's not like many, if any of them are supplementing that with cog, they're using Tetra. .

Nonetheless, take a look at this, just as recent as BoP DLC..

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-clock-tower-raid.308116/page-2#post-4310735

"... we need a Dps check else this promotes to 4-5 man runs for it being easier... to move around with less people..."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-clock-tower-raid.308116/page-3#post-4310932

"Last but not least, a damage check mechanic is essential so it encourages all 8 players to participate..."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-clock-tower-raid.308116/page-3#post-4311052

"Agreeing on all points. A damage check is the correct way in my opinion..."

End result.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-clock-tower-raid.308116/page-4#post-4312045

Quixotic creates a DPS check.

That's just one example of people requesting burn checks, what happens when there's a burn check - dps stacking and flocking for powers for that perform a bit better than others. That's why everyone in your groups is gadgets, because the game and content design is usually pushing them that direction.

I've always thought there's better ways to make content challenging than cheap burn checks, but that's just me, but the DPS insist on feeling special :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

Gadget Precision DPS (PC not PS), in best case scenario (might + precision buffed), I don't think might dps can beat that. You can watch some videos on youtube and see the huge difference between it vs another might powers (check speed feat runs, etc). Having them in group definitely makes runs easier. I also had some few elite alert runs without heals (2 gadgets dps + troll + tank), the run was very smooth. :p
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

What will casual players on the forums know about this? All they want is the game to be broken so they can finish Everything in the game while using broken things.
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Thats such a ridicilous example and proofs how much people are used to having broken ST DWFS in the game.
  14. Eve YouTuber

I am a casual player that use the forums, did I ever claim to use anything broken or want the game to be broken??? This is a awful statement and you can't make such statement, first you can't prove it and second you make the casual players look bad as if all of us are like that.
    • Like x 4
  15. zNot Loyal Player

I didnt say all casual players do alsoo you are a healer right? I meant the DPS players i mean the comments on this thread proof it how triggered these people get once i start talking facts that DWFS is broken good on ST,ofcourse they get triggered how will they get that much ST damage in if it would get nerfed? They fear that they probably will need skill and not only „braindead ST dps spamming“.
  16. Eve YouTuber

I mostly heal but that's not the point. You make a statement on casual players. I do run elite from time to time when I am in the mood for this, but I mostly run regular content. When I see something that overperforms, and so does my friends, we report this. We make sure It's known and heard of by the Dev team. Then It's really up to them what will happen with this.

When I do dps I am using might dps Gorilla for range and wolf for melee, I never use DWFS. I do use DWFS as a healer on my main, but my water alt use hand blasters (I did use HB on test when recording the elite alert before it went live). It was nerfed already, I don't know how much you expect them to nerf it. All weapons should be on the same level and do the same amount of damage. I see people using Brawling mastery now because it got better. There will always be something that works better. This is the Meta, and I think the Devs kind of want to change the Meta for the income, mostly, and their vision of how the game combat should change over time.

As for GADGETS here I totally agree that it should be reduced in damage, stealth should be fixed not only because it overperforms but it also causes lags, etc. But what will happen after they balance Gadgets? the players will move on to the next best thing. Maybe they already do. Because this is our fault, as community, It's not casual-elitist war, It's simply players who wants to be the best and use the best of the best to top the scoreboard and show off.
  17. zNot Loyal Player

The thing is DWFS and gadget need to be nerfed at once since they both do almost the same DPS on ST.
    The devs need to be more strict with this why are we being allowed to do this much ST dps??
  18. Fwames Well-Known Player

There it is!
    You should have just gone straight to the point and made this as the topic instead of having this whole charade.

I agree, they over perform on a very specific circumstances especially when you throw in "WHIRLING DERVISH" in there but I guess you are not gonna talk about nerfing WD do you? Are you a speedster perhaps?

Having this topic run for the ages without some constructive criticism on why it is "broken" and "how to fix" just makes it into a circus sideshow... fun, entertaining, but mostly full of crap.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Creepy way to make a stealth nerf thread.
    • Like x 2
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Sure that can get nerfed too im not even using WD since i do not play gadgets i do not know what they are using which doesnt the change the fact that gadgets on ST is overperforming alongside with DWFS. Im pretty sure that the devs already know what overperforms if not feel free to say it to anyone that knows how it works,could also just watch a youtube a guide and figure it out that way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.