What Powers/abilites/weapons do you think Overperform?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

Im talking about range,melee is different my main point is for elite raids.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm absolutely sure you did not specify either of those criteria in your original post.

And yet still, my comment is 100% true.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Thats true now i did though you cant really melee in elite raids as a DPS the point of elite raids is to give us a challenge which is not happening with all the broken things people can use,thats basically my point.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You want a real challenge in this game? Use a skip alt, get 240ish sp and 120 artifacts and pug regular. Not joking, way way harder than elite when we're in groups of all maxed toons. We can make our own challenges, our group has started bringing our skippers into elites and the difficulty does climb quite a bit when most are using 120 to 140 artis.
    • Like x 5
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

It is entirely possible to melee as DPS in Elite Raids. As long as you're aware that it's necessary to stop DPS and GTF out sometimes.
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

Preach, brother.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

That makes no sense lol thats like telling the best football team to only play with one hand so they have a challenge since would win anyway if they would use everything.
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Go melee DPS on elite show me a footage of you doing it on the most recent elite raids without dying.
  9. Megastar New Player

Inigo told Venzinni that he would fight Wesley left handed, because the fight would otherwise be over too quickly.
    He was wrong.
    So are you.

All games have limitation.
    It's up to you to fill in the gaps and find what motivates you better times that they are upgrading it.

And...just to be clear...you're not the best.
    Never can be nor ever will be.
    Reality doesn't work that way despite how much our limited human perspective tries to make it so.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Let's use your football analogy. Your team crushes and continues to beat any other team in the league. Straight steam rolls. Complacency hits so your coach decides to bring in some of the Junior varsity team to get the varsity team to have to continue to step up. Let's the varsity players learn something new just as much as the JV squad. Use that non over performing power set. Use a different load out or arti combo.

The main point is, the devs can only make things so hard. The players like to claim that they're forced into 200 artis, which we are not at all, then whine when content is balanced to 120 range artis and lower tier gear.

They gave us the ability to turn up the difficulty. If it's not enough, then it's your turn to make some changes. Like right now, go for the speed feat and the no death feats all at the same time. If that's been done, move on to another game that will eventually also be too easy. Because that's how games work
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

That is true.
  12. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

It's already been touched, touching it again will make it practically useless lol.

Only thing I would like to see nerfed abit is whirling dervish. It's crazy how much extra dmg you get from it. If you are superspeed you already have a advantage and WV is just the icing on the cake.
  13. Shalayah Committed Player

You haven’t said anything about how powers are overpowered and you went more on a tangent about how arts make stuff easier.
    • Like x 1
  14. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

We did have FGSE and it was one of the hardest elite raids we had in a long time because they really invested in players feed back. Then people started complaining that it was too hard and that it wasn't pug friendly lol.
    • Like x 2
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This right here is the true issue. For every 2 players that say it's all not hard enough, 20 will say that it's too hard. Then those 2 argue with the 20 and neither gets anywhere but the devs have to read the comments and sort thru it all and see if there is an actual issue. And then maybe 6 of those players get mad and rage quit the game. Vicious cycle. Again, this is clearly the way the game is. Either make it challenging, keep yourself as is and get bored eventually, or find a new game that you find challenging. It's really that simple
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

OK. I'll admit it's been a challenge, but no more than melee DPS requires in N.
  17. Kilbane Active Player

You really only need to look at Obsidian Chills loadout video sto get a good idea of stuff that is a bit out of balance. When the same skills show up in every "Meta" build.. that skill is by definition out of balance.

Brawling Shuriken storm out performs every other AOE Precision combo.
    DW/Flurry shot out performs every other single target Precision combo.
    There really is no comparison. No other weapon combo comes even close to those for prec DPS no matter how good of a player you are. I'm not saying they should be nerfed, but other weapon combos be buffed to be inline or near abouts to these.

Whirling Dervish is stronger than Doomspin by large margin and is a single button click and not nearly as prone to interruption. It can also be clipped and still get full damage. It needs nerf.
    Doomspin was super OP, but the nerf hammer hit it way to hard. It still does more damage than the Pistol master combo though.
    Phase dodge also is an issue.
    Acro/SSpeed have a unfair advantage in combat movement because you can click the auto run button for a quick burst. This even beats dodge roll most the time.
    Sentry Turret gives Gadgets a unfair advantage due to clipping.
    Heat Vision is pretty strong, but only if you spend the time and money on the Solar Amplifier so I don't have as big of a issue with it after the latest revision.

There is more, but those are the biggest outlierss imo.
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

Thats the problem with the endgame community also the difficulty of FGSE was mainly about the mechanics it depends how the raid is designed the cages need people to communicate its not much support roll difficulty there also the endgame community likes to complain on live servers on how easy things are yet they are silent on the forums about such topics i know they are reading all of this and thats what they deserve for being silent.

See origin crisis won the twitter poll why? Because the raids were HARD. Yet they are too lazy to show up on the forums to voice their opinion they just quit the game.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Yea finally someone that is speaking facts.
  20. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

There are more people who find elite raids challenging, than those that find it easy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.