what legends taught me

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dcuotoo, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

even at 10X it does feel like it takes for ever.
    • Like x 2
  2. Fwames Well-Known Player

Legends taught me that now matter how easy or trivial the mechanics are..... No one will do them
    • Like x 4
  3. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

you dont really have to learn anything new, just do the best combos for the weapons an clip the last hit with a power
    • Like x 1
  4. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I remember when lpve first came out and people complained that speed feats were impossible we would just fill our teams with Catwoman and Cheetah.
    • Like x 1
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

gimme 10 X Battle For Earth duos, I'll be your best friend forever!
    • Like x 4
  6. Heywiar Committed Player

Legends taught me that if I actually wanted to play as a DC character I would have gotten Injustice. Seriously, Its very hard for me to understand the appeal to LPvE.
    • Like x 4
  7. Stardazer Committed Player

Legends taught me having a good and fun league helps make runs feel faster. Did a few runs of the dreadful Paradox Wave, but luckily my league and I were just cracking jokes the entire time and before you know it it's done. Would never have done it otherwise.
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

LPvE bonus week allowed me to not raid for a week, essentially take the week off..... although... been stay at home for 3 months now =x
  9. inferno Loyal Player

This has been fun. The incentive was enough to call in 80% of my league mates. It made the game so much more fun to have my old mates in and talking. For me, what it really shows is that: however tedious, boring or tear-your-eye-out instance it could be, having a group you can hang out with makes the whole experience so much more better.

So the lesson really is: what can the devs add that attracts players back while running current or old content?
    Feats Still Matter - whether you're in the camp that skill points helps your damage or not; the idea of getting feats still matter a great deal to the player mindset.

Grind Feats Vs. Skill Feats - Don't hate me or jump on me. There is just something about knowing for a fact that you're approaching a feat if you run something a number of times. 1 out of 10 - you're still fresh, 5 out of 10 - ugh!!, 7 out of 10 - trying to get over the hump; but boyo getting to that 9 out of 10 feeling. I don't think I need to say more.
    The other advantage of grind feats like this is that it includes almost the entire league. It doesn't leave out low level leaguemates. It doesn't make a less than skilled player feel left out of elite feats. As much as we may not like over the top grind feats, the swarm of players around a new bounty proves that we as players will attack them with a vengeance given the right circumstances.
    • Like x 1
  10. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

100 percent agree. Legends have tons of attacks and visuals that could be folded into powersets, they are great. Steel and his lighting rod, nightwing slams the ground, generic kryptonians even power girl has a unqiue kick animation. I havent played many others but ive seen plenty.
    • Like x 2
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

I learned that 50 runs @ 7 min each is my maximum amount of runs per day i can endure.
  12. Dub T Well-Known Player

Feats. I am confident to stay that is why 70% to 75% of players are running LPvE right now.
  13. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Wow, I'm impressed. About 2ish hours a day is about all my eye balls can stand, which should be good enough for 100's in the 7 specific categories and 250s in the bigger ones. That should give me roughly 2/3s of the grind feat points, which I think will be good enough for me (I already had all the other LPVE feats).

Btw - I've been sticking to Trigon's prison for consistent 12 minute PUG runs. 7 minutes runs - are those league runs? What map are you using?
    • Like x 1
  14. AV Loyal Player

My favourites are Lex' afterburners and Ursa's eye sneeze. A lot of the animations look a lot more impactful than those of standard powers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

Well yeah that's the only thing but I wss referring to people that just run it in general.
    Honestly, I'd have max SP if I liked Legends but it just feels like the biggest chore on the planet. I can hardly handle a single run so I admire the grinders this weekend!
  16. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

id hear you except all the soaps in my ears...
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

Map - Hall of Doom, not necessarily league runs but with ppl who dont sleep and know to prioritize red barrels/crystals instead of pew pew pew...
  18. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

have to say this...it takes just as much time gathering barrels and fighting as it does just fighting...don't care if anyone agrees... it takes whole minutes to gather all the dumb barrels...most bosses don't even last that long with a good team..
    • Like x 1
  19. Walvine Well-Known Player

Nature should be redivided into two power sets Beastiamorphs (beast boy meta,cheetah ,cerci magic )(controller or tank )and Floral(swampthing meta,pioson ivy meta)(healer or tank).
    Then beastiamorph can have the cat guise instead of lion tooth juju trinket and cheetahs leap spin attacks can replace all the missing floral powers and
    Floral can then obtain Swamp thing transmutation instead of daemon figure trinket and spore summons to replace animal morph powers ...
    Every thing needed to make it happen is already in the game ,# grinds teeth ,shakes fist.
  20. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

You might be thinking of Watchtower. In Armory you don't need to go gather, just properly utilize.