What I don't understand about Episode 42

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jan 8, 2022.

1. tukuan Devoted Player

Generally I agree, but as soon as I noticed that the Anti-monitor was at the top of the Science Spire in the anniversary event I did exactly that.
    • Like x 1
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

I think the OG instances are created differently. I suspect they have segments of the zone that render as you enter them. The reason I think this is because I remember at launch they had to turn down super-speed because it would glitch on the big maps. If that's the case I would think the Urgent Warfront zones might render in entirety which is why they need to be contained both horizontally as well as vertically.

That's just conjuncture though, I've not heard either way from a dev on this.
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

This is my theory as well. The original Gotham and Metropolis maps have a draw distance that doesn't render until you are closer to it. All the instance based maps, like CC or the like, are much smaller areas. The same can be said about the skinned ones, like Battlezone or Under Siege. They are just a portion of the bigger maps.
    • Like x 1
  4. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

It’s easy to miss in this iteration of it.
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Meh, i stand by what i wrote. Nothing functional is gained in any way if we were able to go all the way up.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

E
    Even then, by your own logic, who is atop the monument to promt you to go there?
    Exactly lol
    My point stands, theres nothing gained an no purpose for them to spend the extra time, energy, etc to give all that extra dead space w/literally nothing to it
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

Oh I agree that they shouldn't put too many resources into little extras like that, I just thought it was amusing that it took a few goes to notice him there.
    • Like x 1
  8. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Actually, if there wouldn't be a screenshot capability if they didn't design it into the game which is a (selfie camera). Also, what is the point of putting all the crap in the bases and league halls... they don't DO anything for you, so why waist time on putting them in game.... Y? B/c there are people who like to design bases and league halls for selfies and show offs. Same reason people might wanna go to top of Washington Monument, or over at the White House...for the view and the selfie to post.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Apples oranges
    You made quite the conflation there
    Huge dif between league halls/base items etc and the top of the monument lol