What I don't understand about Episode 42

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Why on earth would you put us in Washington, D.C. and not allow us to actually go to the tip top of the Washington Memorial. Why DC if we can't actually go to the White House? It's like putting New York in and not letting us climb the Empire State Building (which EVERY visitor to NYC goes to). And why not the Pentegon? Why is that absent? You could have done something funny and put the IRS building there so we can stand in front of it and flip them off (or shake our fists at it).
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

High ceilings probably cause graphic issues. Remember Atlantis?
    • Like x 2
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

What lorax said
    Also, what dif does it make? We r there to kill enemys and i cant see any up there so whats the point of goin to the top anyway?
    Photo shoot? Sry, if so, they dont design the world so u can get selfies hahaha
    • Like x 1
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

I remember this, but why doesn’t LexCorp Tower in Metropolis cause graphic issues? Has to be more to it than ceiling height.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't understand the differences either.
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I don't understand the Acrobatic movement..... gliding via mechanical means, yet i can hardly control the elevation i glide at. It's been a bad implementation from day one (PS3 limitations?). I hold the button down or release it, and it floats up to a random elevation regardless of hold duration. really? I grapple to a wall, it begins, then lets go, connects, lets go, connects, let go.... am I grappling to the wall or not???

:oops::rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Probably has to do with the size of the map and the resources distributed to it. Metropolis is a huge map and has draw range, while DC is a smaller map with a max capacity for each phase being like 40 I think it was.
    • Like x 1
  8. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

You can go to the White House, it just looks horrible. Well, you can go up to it, it’s at the edge of the space.
  9. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

If you look at the street corners it’s really Metropolis in disguise.
  10. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

It's a 10 year old game. Keep those expectations in check.
    • Like x 2
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

We couldn't go to the top of burning version Lexcorp Tower in open world BoP even though we can in open world Metro. Like others have said, it uses up more resources to open up the space like that.
    • Like x 2
  12. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

The overall design of any game makes a huge difference. I remember first playing DCUO and being awed by Gotham and Metropolis. Compared to that, Washington DC is a HUGE letdown. They've done better in the past. Usually graphics and graphic designers get better with time, DCUO is an odd exception. 5 years from now we'll be playing PONG.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's not the White House.
  14. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

All I'm saying, if your going to make iconic locations, let us atleast go to what makes it iconic.

And the distance from the ceiling and the top of the washington monument isn't that much higher... ceiling could be raise enough.
    Also, a let down...We in washington DC, ... why no..NO missions at or in the white house, much less just visit it.
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The only good (and well made) part about Doomed Washing D.C. is the Lincoln Memorial. Everything else looks like it was made using Minecraft XD
  16. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Actually it is.... you're just looking at it from an angle you're not used to. here's a photo of the White House Taken from google earth....
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

here's the in-game version.
    [IMG]Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

now admittedly, you can get much closer in-game than you can in Google earth (that fountain is part of White House Lawn IRL whereas the in-game version gives the fountain a block all it's own.)
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Which side of the map is that on? I thought you were talking about the Capitol Building that's visible standing near the Washington Monument, my Canadian friend called it the White House by mistake.
  18. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  19. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Thanks for the apology? If you start at the Washington Monument and go directly east, past a whole bunch of green, you get to the Capital building. Starting at the Washington Monument and go north, past a smaller amount of green, you get to the White House with the south portico facing you.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I never noticed it.