What DCUO made wrong;)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Here my simple list, feel free to add more;)
    1. The same old grind, every dlc the grind is the same, get max renown, buy the vendor gear. Boring...
    2. Bounties, ultra repetitive gameplay. Pew Pew and watch netflix, please...
    3. No feats for Elite+, I dont think Elite+ should have feats. Elite+ should drop op gear (rings, necks, weapons), and at last boss a garantee to choose the wanted op item.
    4. Craftable OP items, nothing against, but if adds as much grind as elite gear, im 200% against.
    5. Artifact, takes forever and ever
    6. Allies, takes even more
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I can only agree with 1. and 4.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

You are gonna love the next episode ;)

Really don't see what the issue is with Elite+ having feats that reward feat points for SP. Players don't need to have every single feat in the game and it's something to aim for, for those players that like to run Elite+. Having Elite+ drop OP gear exclusively instead wouldn't resolve the entitlement issue that would still be there - instead of players not wanting feats in Elite+, there will be threads about players not wanting OP gear drop exclusively in Elite+ instead. OP gear would make a greater difference in stats to 2-12 (at most) feats so that logic wouldn't make any sense.

Needs to be further steps to make levelling artifacts more accessible to more players. There have been positive changes in the last 18 months but more needs to happen imo. Allies are getting there (with catalysts dropping in endgame content) but it still needs work also.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tolly Committed Player

1) artefact too long to xp and to bring up again and again for the reroll
    Artifacts turn into a punishment if you want to change roles...

2) DLC too long to release.

3) Always the same type of content

4) Does not innovate builds.
    • Like x 1
  5. Limey Committed Player

So, basically you hate the fact that the entire game is repetitive.

Have you ever played any other MMO? Like.. ever?
    • Like x 7
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... It's the players' job to come up with new and innovative builds. It's not the game's fault everyone watches YouTube and copies whatever is easiest and most OP...
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So what is your suggestion because that is the whole point of game? So you want no rewards? Just log in, play and receive nothing in return?

These are 100% optional. I am going to assume since these are out of your reach you feel no one should have them?

Fortifying* OP gear is better than what we had before which was finishing 12-piece collections with terrible RNG for OP gear. So what's your idea to improve on this system?
    • Like x 4
  8. Tolly Committed Player

and here, I'll send you back to your "LOL", because how do you want players to propose new builds when we've been doing the same abilities for X years? The players have done the trick and the devs want us to play the same thing over and over again, how do you expect the players to come up with something new from that?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

New builds come with power rebalances and new artifacts. The meta has changed multiple times over the past 5 years alone.
    • Like x 1
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You have dozens of abilities in each powerset. You have dozens of iconics and movement abilities. You have dozens of different artifacts. You have dozens of ally abilities. Dozens of weapon combos. Plus mods, trinkets, et cetera... Do you know how many combinations are possible? How many have you tried? You expect the devs to keep giving you totally new abilities? So that a YouTuber can show you one OP loadout, which you'll try, get bored and ask for more? That's just naive. Lol...
    • Like x 3
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

What DCUO made wrong ....

Only one thing immediately comes to my mind.

<REDACTED>

<REDACTED>
    • Like x 3
  12. Dene Devoted Player

Gee, I wonder what that is...

LOL
    • Like x 3
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I'm racking my brain... Cape physics, maybe? :p
    • Like x 3
  14. Random Mind Dedicated Player

1. Collections in Time Capsules

2. Lack of styles being added to the Marketplace
    • Like x 3
  15. Joybird Committed Player

1. I actually like this structure. They've honed it over a decade.
    2. I actually like this grind, so long as I can find a group. But I'm one of the people who likes repetitive gameplay. I find it relaxing. Like solitaire.
    3. I disagree. Feats are worth getting, but won't imbalance players even more.
    4. Of oourse it would be a grind. No.
    5. I think that artifacts take too long, too, but I don't reject the idea of something that takes a year or more to build. It should probably be double its current speed though.
    6. Allies seem okay. It takes several months of play to level a legendary ally, and that seems about right. See my answer to 5. There are also ways to speed it up, like using stabilizers for certain time capsules.
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

#1. Allowing toxic elements of the game to remain unchanged for extended periods of time.
    • Like x 2
  17. RTX Well-Known Player

That´s what the most successful companys do, styles/skins while not having money attached to gameplay/character progress.

While looking at what the thread starter wrote, we kinda already found the issue...people have different opinions on what´s "right/correct" for themself...

...thats also the reason for toxic behavior and it should have been clear before, and yes they´re in a bad position, since alot of younger people playing this(or would have loved to). There is always a kid in the world who got less, might not beeing able to buy up quick enough to keep up with the episodes, while some can even buy themself all capsules/everything.

However on top of that we´re in a new timeline, people became more individual based minds, in past there normaly been someone who acted like a leader (person or any other information source) which got followed in thinking and behaving.

These days it´s "pure individual", a browser/account refresh would clear some cookies and could lead to less personalized "content", which would allow our beeing to get a more neutral view/mindset again.

Because balance isn´t just needed in math.
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Something about... Stamps, I think? IDK ;)
    • Like x 3
  19. Quantum Rising Committed Player

No new powers in a superpower game in over 7 years... That's laugh worthy and a pretty good indication that player requests are way on the bottom of their care list.

Balance is a close second.
    • Like x 2
  20. zNot Loyal Player

100% Agreed regarding Balance so i hope the rumours are true about the changes coming.