Well i thought tanks were needed again.....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by HeavenSent, May 14, 2013.

1. Octantis New Player

I have Core Strength. Does the same thing :) In PvP they say it is OP
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

i usually just engage Supes while everyone else tackles Lex. No one ever gave me grief on it and that seemed to be what the Devs did in their vid. Don't think I've seen Epicenter not pulling aggro though.
  3. Octantis New Player

Yeah it's really odd, but no one has told me I was doing a horrible job tanking, yet, so knock on wood ...

Anyway, it's mechanics like those that are a good reason why tanks aren't needed. I mean, if we can't hold aggro, what good are we? Seriously, we need Aggro Holding stats, not 12 second taunts. We need the ability to generate more threat than others. Or if enemies are getting some kind of taunt immunity, then that needs to be fixed. Aggro Table dumps are one thing, but bosses need to start attacking me the instant I tap them with a power, not after they finish an 8-hit combo or whenever they feel like it.
  4. Black House New Player

As both ice and fire i pull lex and supes to the respawning barrell by the window and hold them there Lex wil sometimes wander but I can usually get his attention back pretty quickly, the only thing I have to watch is the encasements which will cause them to find another target.

On the wider issue, my main is an electric healer who I have not been able to use much since the DLC became available because of the amount of requests I get from friends to tank for them. Good solid tanks are at a premium, jelly, toilet paper and kind hearrts and kisses tanks are as always, a liability.
  5. Zpirit Dedicated Player

If there is no tank in the group i will just leave, they can find another healer.
  6. Doc Holliday New Player

Ive never ran the Inner T4 smoothly with at tank, only time I beat it in less then 25 min is with Two DPS's.

However I do feel like T5 brought the tanking and dps class back to the game.
  7. Octantis New Player

Well, maybe they're just like, "Oh hey, it's Sigma! Let's mess with him!"
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When you get to the Zetta drone, if the healer starts having to significantly heal they draw aggro from Zetta's Bat-Drones. Maybe you guys did enough damage to keep them occupied but a tank can usually keep then controlled. Of course the tank has to know that is what he should be doing.
  9. Rebelyon New Player

yeah I agree that Tanks are still needed. Unless you have a group that do not mind a few wipes, Tanks are still pretty important.

Tanks are OP in PVP even without core strength :p. It takes forever to kill one and there is a 75% and higher chance they always outlast the match lol
    <---Controller