Well i thought tanks were needed again.....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by HeavenSent, May 14, 2013.

1. HeavenSent New Player

first few nights of the new ops we ran with a tank.

when we realized Brother in arms was easier than Family , we ran 2 dps , but swore that a tank was needed in Family

tonight we ran 2 dps's in family because , we had no league tank on and we got all the feats..the batman/catwoman, and the lex <10 min feat

with no problem
  2. KemistiOMG Committed Player

so what you're saying is that tanks are useless? tell me more how are you going to manage t5 raids without tank(s)? because that is what you're going to need to do if you just ignore tank for alerts
    • Like x 4
  3. NexGen New Player

Yeah, all of this can be done with no tank (ops I mean) but it's way better, smoother, and faster with one. We're getting close to clearing them in 30 mins, one dps and that includes all optional bosses.
    • Like x 2
  4. Abandon New Player

I hope you die in a bunker buster.

<3 Tanks.
    • Like x 10
  5. Ixnay New Player

We beat family day 1 with 2 dps (only cr high enough tank was offline) 2 85cr dps 88cr healer/troll. It was by no means smooth and we took many silly wipes as the dps were both melee, they had 40+ ko's each, me and the healer were sub 20 (barely) but it was our first run through (many cries of when does this thing end!). I definitely prefer it with a tank, lets you get more creative with your tactics.
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

The real drawback to running it without a tank is that the tanks don't get practice tanking. Ideally, there would be some lower content that requires two tanks for them to practice running together, as well. That's one of the learning curves we're facing with the new stuff.
    • Like x 3
  7. ToXiCx313 New Player

lolz, payed? Ok, gimme 10mil/30min....kidding, why would someone want a payment, I mean, isn't in their own interest to participate?!
    Well, I guess things are weird on US.

I'm a tank and 'till I got full T4.5 I ran on tank mode but now switched to dd, tanks are indeed not needed in ops but if you don't take them along, with what gear are they supposed to tank the raids? Manta? That takes some time
    • Like x 1
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Tanks rock...and I'm guessing two tanks rock even more.

I've only ever run one raid with two tanks, and even though it was just a FoS - everybody said it made their lives easier than just having the one.

Anyways, I'd rather have a tank in the group than two or three DPS....but that's just me, and I'm a complete noob.
  9. SuperBell Loyal Player

I don't get this yearning for tanks. I get some people are silly and decide they are better off without them. But it's not like they can't do these missions. Plus, if you play need on role, they have no one to compete against.
  10. Ice Lantern New Player

I prefer to run 4-man instances with no tank. Why? Because (assuming the other DPS isn't Fire, Ice or Earth) then I get to roll on DPS gear while not having to compete for Tank gear. Some may not approve of this approach but Tank powerset players have had a much harder time getting into instances. We have to look for advantages when we can get them.

As far as how smooth the OPS go, I do agree that they are typically smoother with a tank. Faster? That often just depends on the players involved.
    • Like x 1
  11. Villain Smasher New Player

I just want to point out to the angry tanks that most people are running 2 DPS due to not being able to find a tank. I know you wouldn't have us sit around for hours until we find one or break down and yield to extortion by one of those ********* who say they'll tank for pay.
  12. Octantis New Player

I actually got told to switch to Damage because I wasn't needed as a Tank.

Now this is only one instance so far, but I would argue it's not isolated. Some tanks are just feeling, or being told, that they aren't needed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Statman New Player

Can't say I've run either of the operations or the raids that came with DLC7 yet, but SOE rarely stray from the tank n spank playstyle, they just up the damage taken in. It's a stupid consideration, and that's where their design issue is. Like I said though, haven't played the new stuff to see if it's the same, but I genuinely don't expect it to be different...
  14. Villain Smasher New Player

If there are any tanks feeling unwelcomed on the PC side, they are more than welcome to join us civilized folks on the PS3.
    • Like x 3
  15. Wilder Midnight New Player

i don't think tanks are useless...but the ops are doable with two damage dealers. as always it more important to know what you're doing over anything else.

1 capable tank and dps>two dps

1 poor tank and dps<two dps.
  16. PaperGirl New Player

The talent of Soe just for you .

I'm glad anyway in raids they are not useless .

INcredible the numbers of bad tanks even for ops , very very bad tanks , make me sad last days .
  17. LooseWiring Active Player

You need to put down the bong, take some ginko, and practice some mnemonic techniques.

Less than 2 weeks ago there were trollers shouting for pay. Before that it was healers.

The only similar shouts I've seen recently were groups offering cassh and FEs for a tank to join at the final boss.

And, quite frankly, I see nothing wrong with this because the tank will be getting the short end of the stick.
  18. Killua19 New Player

and i blame that on the fact that tanks were pretty much ignored for a long time..i guess they think its payback time :p i personally enjoy running with tanks a lot more cause its easier for me to troll and much more chilling...also i just love seeing how a well put together group works
  19. YodaDog New Player

I like tanks. Tanks are my friend. I dont understand this thread very well..
    • Like x 5
  20. Dolfo Dedicated Player

As long as a player knows their (role) and is willing to work together with the group/raid league or pug they are my friend.