Welcome Jack Emmert, new CEO of the Austin DBG studio!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

• Like x 19
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Hopefully something good.
    • Like x 4
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Mmmm tasty.
    • Like x 3
  4. Zenith Well-Known Player

As someone who played both City of Heroes and Champions this definitely seems like a good move.
    • Like x 8
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Whoa!! I remember him! He was behind good decisions with CO!

This has potential. Lots of potential.
    • Like x 9
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's great news!
    • Like x 3
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

Very interesting.
    • Like x 3
  8. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

I've met Jack on more than a few occasions. In fact, the first time was at a Wondercon in San Francisco when CoH was just getting started, and later in Los Gatos at a "BBQ in the park" event Cryptic was putting on as a promotion for Champions online. All other personal opinions aside, I will say that he is very passionate about his games and it will be nice to see that enthusiasm brought to DCUO. A fresh perspective is just what this game so desperately needs right now.
    • Like x 7
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Posted this elsewhere.....

Never tried CoH. And now it is gone. :(

DDO was fun.
    Although they made a pretty big mistake at the time.... they went with the new unproven setting of Eberon instead of going for the classic and more popular Forgotten Realms. They course corrected after a while.... but I was already gone by then.

Neverwinter..... tried it..... did not like it very much.
    Again they made a pretty big mistake of pretty much ignoring the character creation system of D&D.
    One of the great thing about D&D was how you can customise your character.
    They went with a much different way in Neverwinter.

Not sure why they went to make a D&D game...... but ignored a LOT of what makes D&D D&D.
    • Like x 1
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I just hope with this new acquisition, we can have a very near future, new bodies, new styles, new ways of personalities, more styles of movement, more hair, fur, beard, auras, open worlds, and so many other things we implore all the days!
    • Like x 4
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm excited about this. I shouldn't be excited because that just sets me up for a disappointment or failure when nothing changes (as is the case with so many DCUO related things), but I can't help it.

I've heard good things about all those games listed. I haven't personally tried any, but they all seem decent. If he had a hand in making those, hopefully he'll be able to improve this game and future proof it so that it lasts long into the future.

Welcome :D
    • Like x 8
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

DDO was really good, however it already had a great foundation.

DCUO has a great foundation but I am worried, simply because DDO had alot of support, while DCUO doesnt.
  13. Zenith Well-Known Player

I hope so.
    He knows superhero MMOs and one thing this game has been needing for a while is someone with a clear understanding of what a game of this type should be, plus the ability and experience to tell good ideas from bad.
    If you don't have that, then all the feedback in the world might as well be white noise.
    • Like x 4
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Huh. Call me a pessimist here, but I don't think it will fix a lot of the problems with the game due to restrictions with hardware, but we might get some good content changes with the model.

I'll hold my optimism until next year.
    • Like x 4
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

When did this happen? Are we going to be getting an official introduction to our new boss? Where does this leave the existing team? Is this guy replacing anyone or will they be working together?

While Ive joked about Champions online and City of Heroes in the past I would have most likely gotten addicted to them if DCUO was not announced back in the fall of 2005. I had to hold out for DC. This guy just seems perfect.

I'm like super excited.
    • Like x 1
  16. AdoptMe New Player

I only know Cryptic Studios from STO but he hasnt any influence there or?
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was announced just this morning. There may be an announcement here in the forums during the day.
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Maybe we'll some positive changes. Hopefully he's rich so we don't have to wait a long time too
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

But not too rich, to where he would poke a sleeping dragon and think an entire company wouldn't get harmed.
    • Like x 2
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Interesting development, but it's best to keep in mind that even with his background in super hero MMOs, there's still the detail of having to deal with DC and getting their approval on things.

Also, if there's more than one game being made/worked on at the Austin studio, it's entirely possible DCUO won't be his sole focus.

Guess we get to wait and see. :)
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.