Weapons Update, a conjecture

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Black Jaq, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Range attacks will have a mid range scalar while melee remains the same with some standardization. Don't expect melee attacks to be mid-range scaled.
  2. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I expect Weapon Mastery to be updated too
    • Like x 6
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Hopefully.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I hope doom spin gets some muvh needed love.
    Spin chop and all of Dual Pistols could use looking at.
    My thing is, I wonder if this will screw up legends and Arenas..
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Legends? Doubtful because so few of them have range combos to begin with.
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

I sure hope so. That would provide some much needed diversity to several of the powersets, particularly my beloved Ice and Sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Doom Spin and pretty much all of the Two Handed Sword. It's super 'risk reward' and if that's the rallying cry of so much of the Melee / Midrange update, well, it's not much riskier than that.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

HB Brawling MA Shield and 1H have a bit of leeway with their combo ranges.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I wouldn't say it's their range per se, more like a targetting issue. The current 1H flip slash trend is nearly the Arctic Gust issue that started all this in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

I would say flip slash needed looking at but I have about four leaguemates that would soap pillow beat me if I did. o_O. In my perfect world each power would have the capability of producing the exact same dps using am or weapon mastery rotations/loadouts
    • Like x 2
  11. Trykz Dedicated Player

12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Well, for the longest time not all the melee regular combos were balanced and for range Arrow Storm is broken, but Tunso has never elaborated. I'm not against players using Flip Slash, I just think it's an unintended loophole that appears to be more reproducible with a controller than keyboard.
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Imo and experience, Flip Slash is keeping Nature usable and Arrow Storm keeping Electric functional.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I know a Sorcery player who uses Bow and he always tops the charts. I just wish Arrow Storm was easier to do on a keyboard.
    • Like x 1
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

I wouldn't expect melee combos to stay the same. Several of the hold inputs from melee combos have 10m ranges which is shorter than the 13m of mid-range and farther than the 7m of melee.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I just hope that the weapon mid-range updates will open allot of gaps for non-AM dps, old school.
    • Like x 2
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Which is 10m?
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I want viable WM loadouts for mental again.
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

Flip Slash, Shield's tap 5 hold and 7 tap hold, Smoke Bomb, and Dual Flurry are the suggested melee combos for AMs that I know hit for 10m out.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It's funny. When Tunso was updating Quantum, he mention about boosting some of the damage for abilities in the Space tree for those using WM loadouts. Now he didn't clarify if that was for PVE but I doubt you could do enough damage even with improved weapons to match an equivalent Time Bomb rotation.