Weapons Update, a conjecture

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Black Jaq, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Right, Flip Slash. That's what I meant when I expect melee weapon attacks to be standardized. They will hit from the same range, whether that is melee=0 or melee=7. Personally, I feel the current Flip Slash trend is kinda cheesy because people aren't actually hitting the target except really for the final hit.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I didn't expect nothing more. They'll probably give it the HL treatment and have max damage from ranged weapon attacks be within 13 m of range, and if you want more damage you need to melee.
    • Like x 1
  3. Leafy Committed Player

all you need is OP PoT.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, just need a Leafy by your side and everything dies.
    • Like x 1
  5. Leafy Committed Player

damn Skippy , there's room for everyone in the backpack.
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Whew, no? That seems unlikely at any rate. The 'usual suspects' don't output enough damage and the only weapon combo even *close* to a sustained AM output is Doom Spin, and I'm sorry, it's NOT the same thing. I still love Two Hand as a melee weapon but it's a far cry from contending with my Mental rotation output
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I sure hope weapon attacks don't scale for ranges all i see coming of that is things being messed up. How weapons work right now is just fine all they need is some damage adjustments.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

They would have to get the mid-range updates also, they are like another powerset, and some real powers depend on them, therefore they need mid range elements. It would only work that way, and help nature, electric, etc. Devs just shouldn't touch PvP.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

PvP is a whole other thing. I think that makes a good point for not having full range attacks scale to melee. Anything tap-hold range would be a nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Here is how I would balance weapons.

Melee range of weapons should be 3M or closer.
    Mid Range - Range weapon attack with higher damage
    Range

I hope the devs set damage output base on the number of buttons hit, type of hit (hard or light) and time to execute.

For instance, a quicker easier to execute attack should not produce big hitting numbers. Instead, it should produce lower numbers. An attack that has more button to hit and takes longer should have higher damage.

I will compare now two WM moves for comparison.

Hand Blasters into Bow Explosive Shot should produce a bigger damage number than Duel Wield into Bow Explosive shot. Over 1 minute of using both though at the same range should produce like damage.

I hope they do this to balance the weapons out.
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Regardless once they increase weapon damage across the board. Pet powers will become OP.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

In my opinion should be: Long combo, high damage. Medium combo, medium damage. Short combo, weak damage.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Have they given a time frame for this that I've missed?
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Nah, this was some conjecture based on what I've seen people wanting and asking for in the Light thread.
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Maybe they will decrease weapon damage. I'm sorry but the damage I do with Scissor kick or solar flare is way too high IMO. It takes me 1-2 hits with scissor kick to kill most bosses.

If they do increase damage than I would recommend they hold off on releasing the weapon update until both Pet powers can be balanced with the weapons. This way, when the weapons get updated the only power that get a positive impact are Nature and Electric.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Highly doubt they would do that. 60% of all support role damage comes from base weapon damage. Which would result in a baseline nerf of support role dps. And in the past they have shown us they would rather buff damage than nerf it.

Ice is a pure example.
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

The powers that "need" a WM combo to complete/compete within their AM rotations are Sorcery, Electric, Nature and Earth. I suspect the focus of the weapons update will be to ensure that WM augments those four powers' AM rotations so that their damage potential aligns with other powers that have already completed their midrange pass.
    • Like x 1