We’re still kicking healers for not having EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xenothelm, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm honestly tired of this artifact. I don't like it except when I'm playing as tank, where I'm indifferent.

Not a fan of having my movement and positioning limited by it. Oh, a dps popped an orange circle, guess now I can't go melee/semi-melee the boss and have to stand on this spot. Oh, the healer popped a green circle, guess I better stay near that healer instead of where I want to. At least as tank I get to choose where I pop my own circle, I think that if I actually healed and had this artifact maybe I wouldn't dislike it, or maybe I would...
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

On the entire Heals being needed..

Well.. tbf.. I'll take a Tank in Alerts over Heal any day, any Alert.

And if for whatever reason the group leader forgets a Role in a Raid, I'd rather it be Heal over Tank or Troll. (Did FVn when it was current twice without Heal, once as Tank and once as dps)
  3. Starry Knight Active Player

I like Starheart - it buffs group heal, as does Page and PHR (though I will accept those two are better). Combine those with the equipment mod that reduces the group heal's cooldown and even though my augments are in the 140-180 region I rarely need to touch the panic button heal (and if I do and it's not due to boss mechanics then it's probably because somebody had been on the wrong side of a LoS-breaking wafer-thin pole and I'd only just noticed).
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Starheart does not buff your Group Heal. It adds a number to total Health for a bigger buff from Tetra/Cog.
    • Like x 2
  5. Starry Knight Active Player

This Starheart?

Jade Flame's Vitality
    Using a Group Heal grants you and up to 7 group members Health equal to (7.5/10/11.25/12,5)% of your Restoration.

That looks like a Group Heal buff to me - have I been using it wrong this entire time? I assumed it added it to current health rather than max health.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'll heal with trans, page, purple, or on two characters it'll be page, Clarion, fang. I'm not a fan of being a green filler.
  7. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Yes, that Starheart. Have you looked at the numbers with/without it? It is only a "buff" if/when you use it when ppl are full health. Even then, most significant damage deal % of health instead of raw numbers.

It's not a "bad" Art per say, especially with every Troll and their mother thinking they're helping the group with all their 100sp in Health instead of Vit while rocking 80 Claw.

I prefer Fang on my Healers. At 80 I don't need to rely on Troll, and at 160 it gives 5% Res as opposed to 4% from Starheart.

EDIT: Terribly sorry for the small font. On phone atm with no idea how to fix it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Staggiie Level 30

I love using Orb, I love using EoG too. Just Depends on the situation. If it's a raid where the Tank takes a HUGE hit I love being able to bring them to full in ONE priority heal with Orb. Additionally gives them a shield. Orb was great for me in Survival Mode this year and Last Years. As well as those Lernea's users who go ham without a finisher. Love the "omg save your life in an instant" aspect of it.

People who spam with Orb to zero power are just ignorant and don't know how it works. I do just fine even without a troll. It's just using it in the correct way only when needed.

Now, I do love EoG too. Purple Healing ray is enough in most situations as long as no one is being dumb and standing in unnecessary damage constantly. I run my EoG with Scrap and literally have constant greens up. My SC bar is NEVER empty with Scrap, never even close to empty.

So yeah, I love both arts and base it on a situation to situation basis. I have 3 Healer armories.
    Full Heal with PHR, Page, and Orb
    EoG Heal with PHR, EoG, and Scrap
    Battle Heal with PHR, Trans, and Clarion

Full Heal when people are stupid or tank/amulet users get smacked. EoG on the norm, And Battle Heal when DPS is bad.

I don't mind ppl asking for EoG spam but that's because I HAVE it...and have it at 200. I can imagine those who DON'T have it yet/are working on it get aggravated at not being able to run content just because they're late to the party on leveling EoG. And to get it faster they'd have to spend IRL money which is trash. So I get both sides. Just my 2 cents.
  9. xenothelm Active Player

Honestly embarrassed at the amount of people that believe Orb is some sort of power drain. It turns your Priority into an emergency button strong enough to bring a fire tank from 1 - 100 in a single crit. It does not need spamming, and if it does it's cause someone messed up mechanics and you could probably save the group a wipe in the process.

As an elec healer who mostly pugs, full heal lets me make up for the general lack of skill you often find in random groups. It was just frustrating to know I can handle whatever TSWE throws at the team, just to be replaced over an artifact that takes away from the fun of the role. I'm a healer not a supercharge simp. Clearly it's not going anywhere though so time to start ranking up I guess. :eyeroll:
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I laugh at those who use eog to heal. (Like I laugh at those who use heat vision to do damage). All y’all need to learn to heal using your power and not be handicapped on some random artifact. I also laugh (since orb was mentioned) at those ppl who spam priority heals and complain about no power.

If you actually play the game properly and do some due diligence, you can actually create a loadout that doesn’t require a single supercharge and can still heal with no problem.

I was the healer in a raid one time and some nut switched to heals just to spam their eog crap, as it turns out, they were very useless as they did negligent damage and virtually no heals. Lemme say this, back when fttfe was top content, I was able to solo heal it as electric and could tank all the ads and still be just fine when the tank decided to not pull the ads immediately without the use of eog artifact.

It’s also a horrible artifact because there are lots of mechanics where you want to ‘social distance’ and thus I avoid other peoples stuff so I don’t die of stupid gatherings. Oh look! I got the plague on me! I must share it with you! They die! Someone sees it and comes over to pick them up…They die too! Next person does same thing and dies too! Group wipe. Who to blame? The eog player. Hahahahaha
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

That depends on your knowledge of how the artifacts work with healing. And yes, electric is a bit cannibalistic when it comes to power. But once you figure it out, then you are good to go. Due diligence my friend. Due diligence.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't actually buff your heals it only slightly increases the size of everyone's health bars without actually filling those bars.
  13. Retire Well-Known Player

Long story short: Dps will use gem, I will use gem. Heals thats don't run gem shouldn't have a spot
  14. MisfitCircusInc New Player

Very few complaints about a Transformation, Page of Destiny, Purple Healing Ray loadout as a Healer. I believe it is superior in all instances unless actually running with a Gem Spam group. Then, of course, the switch is to a Gem, Scrap, Page of Destiny loadout. I’ve seen Purple Healing Ray litterally save raids. It all comes down to whether you know how to use your power set effectively, actually understand what your artifacts do and how to use them to your advantage, and synergy with your teammates.
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Talk about gatekeeping
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I never run EOG and I've never been kicked as healer.. if someone is kicking because you don't have it their a trash player that relies on gimmicks to be successful instead of skill your better not being in the run
    • Like x 4
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It's only like 1.09:1
  18. Retire Well-Known Player

Guys the good thing is this episode is better for full heals than EoG heals '_'
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

We noticed this too

Leaguemate of mine has theorized that they did this on purpose lol
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

In current elite raids most of the time you can run EoG. And for the fights you can't the EoG loadout can heal more than enough. :D
    • Like x 1