We’re still kicking healers for not having EOG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xenothelm, Oct 24, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

Maybe is because people pay a lot to lvl that one up?
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm not big on fotm type of builds but I have to admit I love using the Eye of Gemini and I love it more when other players do to. It's just so fun. Love the animation. Makes me long for the days of Hive Mind just the way it rallies players. As a mental dps I appreciate being able to build up to my supercharge faster when the field is up. I usually only get to fire off one, maybe two if the instance runs long.

One of my lesser tiered alts was kicked during Save the Universe in Kandor for not having troll artifacts. As the toon ranks in at #7 down my list he tends to go without.

I got over it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kaminuse Active Player

4. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Asking for EoG in regular or Omnibus is toxic. Asking for EoG in elite isn't unreasonable. I prefer full healing, but EoG spam helps the group more, so why not? I'd still run content with a full heal if they're capable, but it does makes the run a lot slower. Typically we'd run a 2nd healer in that case that is spamming greens.

Also, Starheart isn't even that bad. It has a pretty mediocre effect, but it's also never horrible. I'd rather see someone running Starheart as a main art over Orb any day. The actual worst artifact for healing is Omegahedron (which definitely counts as a Healer art because it says it's recommended for any role).
    • Like x 6
  5. The_fair_1 Committed Player

If people are kicking in pug runs for reg or Omni for lack of EoG then yea you have a point. But if we running elite then yes you can get kicked if you don’t wanna run greens. I’ve healed with green spam for a long time now, it’s quite easy and it helps the group more. The “full heal” builds are generally speaking not needed for content and are overkill in terms of healing. And those who run elite content have the right to be picky about who goes in to the groups so if you aren’t up to their standards to help the group then that’s your problem. Why should they have a non green spam healer keeping them alive when they can have a green spammer do the exact same thing? Not green spamming at this point (since the addition of the best healer art the purple healing ray) is pretty much pointless. Still good to have those other healing artifacts but you’re just limiting the groups potential
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

In Regular pug runs and a few "extra special" Event pug runs I have seen this happen. It's ridiculous in my opinion; event and normal raids, whether they are pugged or not, should not require such 'nitpicking" of loadout requirements to "filter" out players.

I don't use EOG for my healers; it seems to be more of a "DPS friendly" artifact to me. I don't have an issue with using Orb; I can use it 3 times in a row on my main healer and still have power left over.

Since you "can" complete an Elite raid with either Orb or EOG, it seems to me that this is just a team majority choice, not a specific "raid" requirement; if it was, then the devs would have mentioned it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Retire Well-Known Player

That's why I went tank. I don't need to do anything for the group except keep agro! lol
  8. Retire Well-Known Player

Healing is so mindless. A max out PHR has made healing meta Prio + Group + SHield/ Proximity heal. PHR is the real reason healers Use EoG. Lol. If all you NEED is three moves and one artifact to do your NECESSARY functions, why not have the other three be supers that buff the group, help with burn, and give super energy? There's very few instances where a full heal is required
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Definitely Starheart, a healer artifact that doesn't even heal. Next up would be Eye of Gemini an artifact that does heal but no cares about that because they only care about supercharge.

I can spam Orb up to four times before running out of power, not that I would ever need to do spam it that much. In an emergency situation I only need to hit it once or twice. A few times it's come in clutch in situations like TSW if someone forgets to block Perpetua's eye beam, I've managed to avoid full group wipes with it.
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...I see a lot of Tanks now starting to rock the EOG too. Gee, thanks...just what I wanted a bunch of SC hungry DPSes crowding me...like with all the pets, henchmen, allies and adds it wasn't enough.
    • Like x 1
  11. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Exactly lol I see people trying to spam it and run out of power smh the orb is a powerful tool when in skilled hands those of us who know what were doing also orb imo is made for nature :) . But on topic I say run with your league or friends I have page, orb, eog, trans, start, PHR, all maxed its fun using eog but more fun not using it lol. I just use it only if my crew needs it.
    • Like x 1
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

This comes on top of people not understanding that a lot of mechanics include scripted attacks. I nearly got kicked from an Event run once because I wasn't using the Lasso artifact on the boss. That was one of the few times I made sure to add someone to Ignore after it was over.
    • Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Event? Harsh. Unless you were working on the not killing adds feat in homecoming, where the lasso was almost a must if you were tanking them....wow....that makes no sense.
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Based on this thread.. healers aren't really needed.. why does this game seem to always cycle back to DPS Univerese Online? lol
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

Healers are still needed.
    Issues are that difficulty in this game is made with oneshot mechanics and healers just simply need to throw shields and occasional heals here and there. So Group and Prio Heal are more than enough. Also PHR is so strong as an healing artifact.
    So why not helping the group with faster completion (=less time for mechanics to kill the group)?
    • Like x 3
  16. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed - just wish there were kless one shots and more actual healing needed :)

But yeah.. I have EOG and it helds me with my shield sc too, so of course i'll help
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

It was Event Version of Sixth Dimension. Not even a feat run (which I might understand), just random queuing. DIdn't help that the genius didn't understand how tanking works in general, since he acted like Lasso was the ONLY way to get boss aggro.
    • Like x 2
  18. myandria Item Storage

That is a major issue I have with EOG; the circle of effect is so small. If it's supposed to help the group then it needs to be bigger like sorcery's heal and damage circles. That way, the group can benefit from the effects and don't have to "run to and crowd" the caster.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Healers are definitely needed.
    • Like x 1
  20. JailhouseBat Active Player

This is not necessarily the case. There are very few situations where the healer is only throwing up occasional heals. The misconception that the healer is doing nothing until someone takes damage is false. Too many variables in mechanics.

But on topic, I'm not an EOG hater by any means but it still feels mostly situational. In low risk stuff sure I'll spam. But in a challenging situation I make sure I can still actually protect the group properly, even if it means swapping out the EOG while nobody's looking :)