Water on test

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Swiftduck, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

When will it be on test, when will we get a preview? The 30th will come quick
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Did they put previous powers (rage, quantum, etc.) on test prior to release? I wasn't around for that, lol, so it's an honest question.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes, a month in advance for testing
    • Like x 1
  4. Lugo Well-Known Player

i thought we'd get a video or pictures or something when it was first announced
    remember back on the old dcuo forums where the common argument against having water powers was that "we already have ice powers, ice and water are the same"?

i do
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, now we just need lava and we'll be all set
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Honestly, I expect both water and the next episode to be on test sometime next week. Water goes live August 30th and the episode goes live in September. It could be late September, but considering we'll be getting another episode in November, I expect this one to be live early September.
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

we already have fire powers, fire and lava are the same :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So is gadgets and munitions, as well as sorc and cele. See what I did there?
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Munitions is only Gadgets 2 bro, and they're not even really superpowers so they should do less damage than all the others...
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Ssshhhh. There's no way you're going to tell me that Superman's heat vision is a match for my gushing torrent of water. Didn't you ever see Captain Planet? (ugh, poor Heart kid.)

Oooh, that could be another amazing power. Animal command. Like nature, but different.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"Summon squirrels to do your bidding! Have monkeys through certain nameless things at your enemies!"

I can see the fun now.
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

If I were a betting man, I would have said this week. I would have been wrong.

So my next guess is the coming week. :)
  13. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I am a little surprised it was not on test already. Perhaps they are still working out some pretest bugs. Then again content used to be in test for about 4 weeks, lately seems closer to two weeks. Minus GU73.
  14. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Still hoping for a darkness/shadow power. No more lanterns though.
  15. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

I understand your reason for not wanting any more lantern powers... i really do... But please dont hate on the final blue lantern power that i have been waiting for...
    • Like x 4
  16. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

I'm still waiting for all the lantern powers to come out. Except for orange... Cause there can only be one orange lantern lol. ;)
  17. silikyan Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

I think it will not go testserver, but directly be on live at 30th. Maybe the visuals suck so much (bcause ps3), They dezided to not show it untill the big disapointing release. I was never realy thrilled for water tbh. We allready have ice and even quantum looks like water... It killed serums and i would rather have another lantern power. But there is only star saphire fitting, and like someone said: What power is love anyways? Allways felt sorry for that kid...
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

Well, if you want a wind loadout, lets try it with lift, downdraft, low pressure, high pressure, air burst and vacuum bubble. Oh wait, did i just save you one year of development time for the new wind power...? YOUR WELCOME ^^
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

U can see here when atomic went on test. Which was oct 15th.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...test-atomic-episode-18-game-update-54.261882/

Then here is when it went live. Which was nov 4th.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...e-18-and-game-update-54-now-available.262959/

Most of the powers have stayed on test for 2 weeks, 3 at most. Anyone can search through the announcements and go very far back and see this info is the same for pretty much the last 5-6 power sets. And with it going live august 30th and it being the 8th its about 3 weeks away now.

For awhile now things have been getting put on test on friday. I full expect water to be on test this frinday or the next. It it was this friday, the 11th it would be on test 20 days. If it was the following friday, the 18th, it would be 13 days on test before it goes live. Either one fits right into that 2-3 week range of being on test for power sets. My hope is the healing side of water gets tested as much as the dps side. I also hope as many people as possible test this powerset because its the 1st new power in a very long time and its greatly anticipated. So the more feedback the better.
    • Like x 1