Water for Healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mysticwraith, May 22, 2013.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

So one day after DLC someone asked in LFG why don't we have Water as a powerset, and if they do bring it to the game it should be a healer set considering it's the element of life. I agree with this completely, and was curious of how many others would like to see a Water powerset?

I mean it would be real cool if they did a DLC about Aquaman, and ad Alerts and duo's based around such lore. What's everyone's thoughts on this?
    • Like x 4
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Maybe weather manipulation, but not water for me. I've never been an Aquaman fan.
  3. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

I would like a Water powerset (but then again, I would like a lot of powersets :) ). I think it could make for some interesting mechanics using a liquid (slowing movement, drowning enemies, ripping the moisture from peoples bodies, possibly even constructing fluid creatures like snakes and tentacles etc). I think it could work well as Healer set (for your reasoning) or a Tank set (given that Tank powers seem to be based on natural forces and Aquaman doesn't strike me as much of a healer). Word of warning though, you should expect the "Water is the same as Ice" crowd to come in and give you grief for even suggesting that Water might be fun :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Comixfan Committed Player

I've long asked for a water powerset to accompany the introduction of Atlantis as a new city in game with Aquaman as a potential new mentor (or at least a quest hub like Flash is for CC).

We have all this water in game in Gotham & Metro; it'd be great if we could actually dive down into it instead of just run along the top of it!
    • Like x 2
  5. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Take it a step further and imagine (and I understand this is a pipe dream) if your powers were stronger if you had a body of water to draw on. Pull a weak water serpent out of the water in the air, or stand next to the ocean and pull out a giant gyrating serpent. Swim under the water and attack your foes with a barely visible behemoth of water. I really do think that water has a lot of potential if they take it to its extremes.
  6. MattMinus New Player

If we had water then we'd only need them to add air and heart! Go team planet!
    • Like x 1
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Really against water as a power. We already have Ice. Lets move on to the next 'element' and go with...well damn...was going to say light (The Ray, etc). Hard light...light...hard light...light... almost too similar. Light and Dark though would be great, especially if they pulled it the same way they did the lantern powerset and heroes get light, villains get dark.
  8. Durge New Player

In the DC Universe water is not a healing power. That would be Avatar. Aquaman can't control water either. If water were to be introduced in this game it would most likely be a tank power.
  9. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

I've always wondered why people have been so fixed on water being a power, I've seen it mentioned so many times here. Please don't get me wrong I like the idea, the graphics alone could be so cool, I have just been curious why water was a thought for people.
  10. MattMinus New Player

Because they have been conditioned by facile video game tropes and expect to see the 4 classical elements, whether or not it makes any sense in this context.
  11. thenewkidd New Player

Just "Go Planet" (no team)... and the power is "wind"... not "air". ;)
    ... and remember.... "The Power is YOURS!"

Earth... Fire.. "Weeend", Water, Heart...... "GOOO PLANET!"
  12. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

With Ice being Tank it only makes sense for Water to be healing. Ice is hard, water is soft. Ice is cold, water differs with temp. To believe water would be tank is just funny because that's what Ice already is.
  13. TheLoneLantern New Player

FYI, Carbon is the element of life, not water.
    • Like x 3
  14. thenewkidd New Player

I have seen this argument, but please tell me what power Ice does that uses "water" in it too...

One is a solid state, the other is liquid.
    You throw water at someone.. they get wet.
    You throw ice at someone... they get a black eye. (or should say bruise)

There isn't different forms of "light".... a solid, liquid and gas... light is just light...
    • Like x 1
  15. Cadens Dedicated Player

Water isn't an element either :p
  16. Cryotkj New Player

I hope they do so there will stop being suggestion threads about water. Of course then people will make complaint threads about how it's not exactly how they envisioned it during one of their 65 threads about it. I think water would be lame though in my personal opinion
  17. Octantis New Player

I think if a Water character heals a Fire tank, said tank should be unable to cast powers for a few seconds.

Physics!

j/k
    • Like x 1
  18. Durge New Player

See the new Aqualad then tell me water is soft.

If water were to be based off of Aquaman then it would be a controller role because Aquaman can't create water constructs like Aquald and Mera can. He can control sea creatures, which is mental. So really there is no point in adding water.
  19. Shadow Vlad New Player

I dont know if it still does this but in the lighthouse duo you if you stood under the water it would heal you, so it is/was in game already
  20. Gadget*Switch New Player

The water never healed anyone it just gave a cool look when you walked threw it. Please stop Fibbing.