Was the T.O. Morrow Bounties supposed to be impossible to defeat solo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Asentmah, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Asentmah Well-Known Player

We’re they? A CR 69 enemy bounty vs a CR 118 character should not be this impossible to kill by yourself even with the stat clamp. I have to know was it supposed to be this impossible to do solo regardless of the player characters CR?
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

I’d suggest getting to like 200 CR and having a reasonable amount of skill points to be able to solo Morrowbot lol
    • Like x 2
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

no, they were always meant to be done as a group, but these days, like the CC bounties, the only way you're ever getting them done is solo. you just have to be high enough CR. as Shalayah sez, probably around 200's the minimum you want to be if you're going to take a shot at soloing them, though. but they can be solo'd.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

These were group missions. I remember when I first hit the CR you start getting them (70 I thought) you'd need 8 to take one down. By CR 100-120 it was only about 4 or 5 with a healer and by 180-200 or so I could solo them in a battle tank/heal setup.

At 118, you should not be soloing them...no. 'Impossible'? No...I'd guess there is someone out there who could do it. 'Advisable'? No...I'd say find a partner at least, or build a bigger group with at least a tank or heal.
    • Like x 7
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They're intended to be group bounties, as almost all bounties are. I forget if they're supposed to be raid (8 people) level or alert (4 people).

They absolutely were never intended to be solo-friendly. Ditto the original Central City Gotham/Metro bounties. Ditto Paradox bounties, War-Torn Village bounties, Doomsday, the Metal demon and Teen Titan bounties, etc., etc.

Whether they should be solo-friend now is another question.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The short answer is "no"; the long answer is "they're also not impossible". That said, O Bot IS a kick in the teeth compared to other Metropolis Bounties.
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Really? O bot and M bot are not even in clamped areas. I haven't done one in a while, but even on lower toons it shouldn't take much more than a few at this point. Unless you are comparing to the 'base' bounties like Bizarro, Judge...or whoever.
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

If you roll your 340+ endgame character in there; not a challenge, period. You can defeat the O Bot in basically one rotation, assuming it's a decent rotation.

If you're trying it at or near CR? Bring friends or a medic.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes Omggggg back in the day I use to struggle hard, it was impossible to solo but now it depends on CR. Omg I was in GENERATION1 they’re still around :eek: ?
    • Like x 2
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

As a tank, I used to solo them back in the T5 days. Can't be that bad now, can it? O-Bot has the Jackhammer that you have to steer clear of and M-Bot... I don't really remember much. I think it teleports, right, and leaves a DoT?

As always, the best advice for solo-ing stuff is to do so in your support role. For controllers, bring Grim if you have one, Robot Sidekick, HLS, healing SC, your shield and detaunt + the detaunt consumable/Personal Damp.
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The short answer is "you CAN do it", the longer answer is 'Support Role' and 'You'll want at least 77 SP for Crits'. But that clip shows it being done @ 93 CR, so tinker with your build and I'm sure you'll get it too.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I wanna say I did those feats during JLD so CR 273. While I wouldn’t say they were challenging to beat, they did surprisingly take significantly longer than I expected, and this was pre-flurry shot, prec and VWD nerfs. So that tells you something about the health pool.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As others have said, a lot will depend on CR, your loadout and how well you know your character and can play them. The intended group size for the bounty itself might also factor into things.

Since the clamping, I've had some varied experiences with bounties. Accidentally aggroed Zoom in the Lightning Strikes Central City and while it was an annoying fight I was able to take him down solo without having to switch to Tank mode (Ice character). On my Gadgets character I took on a couple of the large Paradox critters in Time-Torn Area 51 on a whim, and while the one who grounds and then charges you was doable I had trouble with the one who constantly spits energy balls at you (second one never seemed to want to take the bait when I dropped the Holographic Decoy). Finally I decided to hit Earth-3 Gotham and take on one of the Crime Syndicate members, and Ultraman pretty much mopped the floor with me.

The whole situation just makes me think of my attempts at soloing Sub-Avatars in South Gotham back in the day. It's doable, but it's not supposed to be easy and in more than a few cases it's going to take everything you have and then some to accomplish the goal. But the feeling when you DO finally solo one of those fights?

:D
    • Like x 2
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

awwww, yeah! I remember the first time I took down a Sub Avatar on me own! seriously, that's right up there with finishing the Power Core at level for the first time, or me first Gotham / Metro solo bounties run. them were the days. . .
    • Like x 1
  16. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Oh, the delicious irony of stat clamp defenders telling others to trivialize bounties by getting their combat rating up.
    • Like x 2
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Not constructive, try again. Who hurt you boo boo?
  18. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I'm capable of soloing bounties without being a tank, so nothing really hurts me. I'm just amused by the hypocrisy.
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ah yes just giving your 2 cents huh. I see that now.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Depending on where you are in the tiers/CR spectrum, your CR can make still a difference when going after bounties. If your CR is below the content range, you're going to get bumped up in stats and possibly have the end-game buff but it's still likely going to put you behind the eight-ball in the fight. If you're above the content range, you've got the advantage with being above the CR of all NPCs you face in that content.

CR doesn't make as much of a difference as it did before clamping, as your stats from everything outside of gear carry more weight due to the stats piercing these days. But CR still is a factor in the equation.