War of the Light Finale Trailer (Unofficial)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Frank Zarjaz, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

This video represents all 4 War of the Light episodes since the arrival of the black lanterns.

It's mostly original scenes concerning the invasion of Metropolis...
    Think of it as a battle that happened off camera.

There was criticism that the Nekron episode ended abruptly, so I've included an epilogue.
    It may not be the ending you expect, but perhaps it's the ending we deserve.

Folk have said in the past that there's too much Green Lantern content, "it's like Green Lantern Online!" they declare
    (as if that's a bad thing).

I get it. Different people like different aspects of the DC universe and have other things they'd like to see, but for Green Lantern fans, this game is a dream come true.
    So many different characters from lantern lore are featured, and we get to play as many of these iconic characters in Legends.
    We get to go to Oa, Qward, Mogo, Ranx and Zamaron.
    We do battle against Krona, Manhunters, Atrocitus, Black Hand, Vice and Bleez.
    We get to play as a Green Lantern.
    The list goes on.

GL fans have a lot to be thankful for and the devs have a lot to be proud of, nothing comes close to DCUO when it comes to this very important and much revered corner of the DC universe.

As usual with these unofficial trailers the video isn't monetised in any way, so feel free to share it far and wide.
    Especially if you know any Green Lantern fans with an Xbone!
    • Like x 23
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Lantern story started with level 22 mission. Fight for Light expanded that and now it goes all the way to BN.
    • Like x 1
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nicely done.
    • Like x 1
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I love your videos. The other week I was watching your WOTL2 trailer again. Great job on that and the new one :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

Very cool. Like a double rainbow. :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Nicely done
    • Like x 1
  7. Controller Devoted Player

That was very cool.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is amazing. Bordered on HISHE a little at times but I liked it.

Good job :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

Thanks very much peeps. :D

Thank you. Funnily enough I was initially going to remake the 2nd one before going on to the third.
    There was supposed to be an epic battle between Saint Walker and Atrocitus before the rescue squad shows up, but I think the ideas come across and that's the main thing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

LOL this is so much better than what we actually got ( ... nothing lol)
    Nice job :p
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That was pretty cool, haven't played any of the DLC's yet
    • Like x 1
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Damn good job
    • Like x 1
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Good job ! I'm a big Green Lantern fan and that was 100%better the the official one we got.
    • Like x 1
  14. redlustersoldier Well-Known Player

awesome
    • Like x 1
  15. Zenith Well-Known Player

Thanks guys! Happy to see that the reaction to this was positive. :)

Well except for the folks at DCUO. I guess they watched it and were like, "meh".
    Snubbed. :(

But no matter! Check out this little bit of coolness,

[IMG]

It's only been shared by one of the greatest Green Lantern artists of all time! :eek:

[IMG]
  16. AlbelXII Level 30

Really cool!

How long did it take you to do that?
    • Like x 1
  17. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I wish the devs could do a trailer for each of the episodes like original and origin crisis trailers.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zenith Well-Known Player

Started a couple of months ago, slowly. It's the final 2 weeks where you really put in the work though.
    It's a grind, and it's not plain sailing. I recommend it.
  19. AlbelXII Level 30

That's dedication. :p

Did you just capture footage from in-game or do you have a special software that allowed you to play with camera angles etc?
  20. Zenith Well-Known Player

It's just recorded normally then manipulated afterwards. I'd love to be able to move the camera around in 3D space though.
    But that's all part of the fun, finding ways to get what's in your head out onto the screen with all these limitations.