Very Low Experience in Golden Exobytes (CR 200+, XP = 2,563)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DCUO Addict, Oct 7, 2018.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I just opened the exobyte cache that was awarded when the game switched from mods to augments. I loaded one golden damaging exobyte in the fortification screen and hit fortify. My character is CR 230, but the augment was only fortified up to level 45. I checked the other golden exobytes, and they each only had 2,563 experience. (I wish I had checked first, but it didn't occur to me that this could be a problem.)

This character was around CR 220 when the system switched over. I waited to open the cache because I was still deciding whether to make a precision or might build.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do? I put in a help ticket, but they said they couldn't do anything. I'm really excited to play this character with the augments, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have bad news for you. There was an expiration date on those.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/augments-transition-ends-august-30.298220/
    • Like x 1
  3. DCUO Addict Committed Player

4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Expiration date was stupid. If you logged in before August 30th, they should not have expired
    • Like x 7
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed. I went on all my toons and completed the mission to collect the box to open later at 230....I misunderstood the expiration and thought it meant the mission/box would no longer show....it's the opposite...box is there, XP is low now. Bummer, but that's what I get for not reading correctly.

Not sure why the pre Aug 30 box could have contained the original golden exos and Sept 1 the loot table could have dropped a new box that contained the now lowered XP.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Same with me and my alts.

My gripe is, what harm would it have done to let people go past August 30th?? Were they afraid people would wait until next dlc to open them? I don't feel like a month was enough time for the transition from a system that has been in game since early 2012....

Perhaps 3-4 months would have been better.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only harm is to the bottom line. Shortly after or at the same time as the expiration date the new items were added to the MP for the XP boxes. Well there would be some quantity less sold if you had the ability to open the free box and get 4 of your augments instantly maxed. If it were sheer coding, Aug 30 would also have seen the last of the old R&D components being able to be fed to the Augments and I know I've still got Exos and Simple mats still.

Reinheld
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah I found some old prefab and gear mod boxes in my toons bank, and I couldn't feed their contents to the augments anymore.

If they're worried about XP packs being used to level augments, they would disable nth metal from being fed to them.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They may have been trying to prevent future use on double xp weekends or something. One would think it would've been easier to just make them unable to be used with multipliers, but maybe the back end prevents it. That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of that would lead to such a user-unfriendly decision.
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Completely agree.