Augments Transition Ends August 30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Augments Transition Ending

The limited-time elements of the Augments Transition (Golden Exobytes, details here) will end with morning server restarts on August 31, 2018. This makes August 30 your last full day to log in, complete the transition mission, and receive Golden Exobytes.

Make sure you have completed the "Building a Power Base" mission on all of your characters prior to restarts on August 31, if you wish them to receive Golden Exobytes.
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So people that took a break before augments that were fully modded are simply screwed?
    • Like x 8
  3. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I think Mepps covered that with last sentence.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah cause everyone goes to the forums right?
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No. If they're not playing right now, their mods and gear will be out of date when they return, same as always.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I guess that's true. I'm looking at it as if I was in that situation though, I'd be upset if I was missing stats because my mods are gone and I had nothing to catch up the augments (after learning what they do of course).
    • Like x 1
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

So as long as the individual has logged in, completed the mission, and received the Exobyte Cache it will still be in the toon's possession correct? What I'm essentially making sure of is that the Exobyte Cache won't just up and disappear from their inventory on the 31st.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct.
    • Like x 3
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If people go away and stop playing the game, that's their choice. It's not the game's fault that the game adds new stuff and does away with old stuff. Everyone knows that that's how it works.

People will be upset, sure, but not justifiably.
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Tbh. if ppl take a break and return in a month or so, it doesn't really take that much time to level them up. So far, without buying them on the broker, I made 17 Augments (plus two Cyber Cores at max) reach Rank 217. And I don't really play that much per day since I have a job that requires extra hours more often than not :)

Still waiting for that "they screwed me because of the 20XP per material stuff" comment. Anyone?
    • Like x 1
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

You don’t have to level up in this case. The person just has to log in and hit the “complete mission” on that mission to receive the exobytes (if I’m understanding this correctly)
  12. Djem So New Player

There must be a rationale for omitting specific features from the game. I fail to see the advantage of removing mods and creating a replacement. Perhaps augments could coexist with gear mods, and players could utilize the augments as an extension. There is a possibility that some players may prefer mods as opposed to augments, and vice versa. Players must be provided with the option of gear mods as well. Players who prefer gear mods are more likely to be disappointed, whereas players who prefer augments will enjoy the augments nonetheless. However, the inclusion of both gear mods and augments in the game allows players to choose for themselves. Players do not want to be forced to conform to standards that they do not enjoy.

In fact, this reasoning is somewhat applicable to clipping, weapon mastery, advanced mechanics, and power interactions. As opposed to removing clipping for the sake of advanced mechanics, and proceeding by removing advanced mechanics, it may be of more utility for players to be able to choose which fighting style they favor the most. Perhaps clipping, weapon mastery, advanced mechanics, and power interactions can coexist in the game.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

I ment that you need to level up when the date expires.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

You have 17 level 217 augments?
    • Like x 1
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Main: 4 Might, 4 Dominance, 2 Precision
    Alt 1: 4 Might, 2 Vit
    Alt 2: 1 Restoration

Makes a total of 17, yes.
    • Like x 1
  16. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

You should send out an E-mail about this.
    • Like x 3
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

From 0 to 217, or from 197 to 217?
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So what about premium players who were once subs?

You're telling me that if I don't sub immediately, all 8 of my CR 224 alts (since I'm working on leveling up the lower ones ATM) are going to be without any kinds of mods whatsoever?

Not sure why this measure was deemed so necessary, considering the extremely negative future ramifications for new players and returning players alike.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sorry, what?
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

There's a big difference between out of date and non-existent.

That said, I know you guys have made it so XP scales with tier, so that will help. But it will definitely get some people very upset when they log in.