Unlocking Materials with Replay badges

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Aug 25, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While there is no doubt in my mind that they want us to spend more to get more, they have in fact mentioned it on several occasions that they technically can't use the same tech that they do for style replay badging. I didn't just mention it as a maybe but as something I've heard them say at different points (particularly when style unlocking first became a thing).

Also, let's be realistic...look at the price for the biggest style items (the big auras, or things like the Wings of Sin). Do you REALLY believe that they'd price materials at an amount that players would be ok with??? On top of that, there is the Second Chance Vendor. Whether we like it or not, that is the other option they'd like us to take (as an alternative to opening up tons of specific capsules).
  2. Brit Loyal Player

Personally, this is a function I would like to see as well, but specifically because of the way they HAVEN'T provided an alternative method of obtaining.

I need to go to the Quarks Vendor and buy a second Void? Well, that stinks, but okay.

I would like to get an Enigmatic Material for my new character? Tough luck! You got one of those in resurgence, but you used it on a different character. Now you can never, ever unlock it again for the new character you want to use it on! You can't pay Dimensional Ink more money to access it on another character; they don't want your money! Instead, this item which came out of Time Capsules will not be available for future purchase the way other Time Capsule items will, and you will be denied forever! Your suffering is worth more than your money ever could be. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

That 5.8K Quarks isn't cheap, but at least it's there as an option. For many of the Materials that a lot of us are interested (IE: powerset stuff), the option just doesn't exist.