Unlocking Materials with Replay badges

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jaelia, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

Hey so I just completed a material collection and I wanted it on another character, so I basically have to try to find those expensive pieces all over again ?

There should be a option to just unlock it on through Replay Badges or when you unlock the feat it should show up in mail just like with the time capsule feat ?
    • Like x 3
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There isn't an option to do that for technical reasons (Materials don't function the same way as style/gear pieces). Until they can develop a way to make them purchasable through replays, you'll have to collect the collections on that other toon or wait till it eventually makes its way to the Second Chance vendor*, or buy the material itself off the broker.

*Every two Time Capsule release they have a Resurgence event, and during that event an older Time Capsule gets retired out of rotation. The contents of that retired capsule get added to the Booster Gold Second Chance Vendor.
    • Like x 2
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What material was it tho?
  4. Jaelia Committed Player

bioluminescence
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Ah grats.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

What I had in mind is - one of the time capsules drops the shimmer material right? I think It's the Atlantean one if you open 15 of them.
    Is it still a issue if we unlock the feat and receive the material in mail like Shimmer does?... Make it account bound even, so we can't sell, only give to another character on the account.
    • Like x 5
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

If it had a feat pop when you completed it you can replay the feat.
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You know, and I know not one person can say otherwise really because none knows other than the people who "implemented the concept" , but has it ever crossed your mind that they in fact probably can make the materials unlockable with RBs but choose not to just to get more people unlocking Time Capsules and the like?
    • Like x 2
  9. Jaelia Committed Player

Exactly !!! See they should do this
  10. Jaelia Committed Player

And that’s sad because I really wanted that material on my other toon :(
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be more inclined to think that way, but Materials have always had their own little quirks and challenges. Adding color changing to them seemed to diminish either the quality of the Material's look or the appearance of the item it gets applied to (I see less costume detail with a Cosmic material on something when compared to a color locked Material). Plus from all appearances they had to get creative in coming up with Chromas to allow use along the color channels.

There's also the distinct possibility that if they could, the RB cost to make sure they don't lose money would be high enough to be prohibitive or just cause a LOT of outrage. Either option just wouldn't be worth the hassle in my view.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes, I popped the feat on the other toon that wanted it on which the feat was to actually collect the material but nothing happened after? The collection actually gives you the material. The material gives you the feat which specifies you collected it but that doesn’t make any sense to me if my other toon actually doesn’t have it either ?
  13. dresserball Dedicated Player

Did you check the mail?
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Check under the sofa cushions. That's where I usually find lost stuff.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes
  16. Jaelia Committed Player

I tried that too it’s clean down there :(
    • Like x 1
  17. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Yes, you have to pay attention to precisely what granted the feat - completing the collection (or opening 15 TCs, etc.), or actually consuming the materiual (or aura, etc.). There's usually a clue to that in the feat text. If the former type, unlocking the feat will usually trigger something to send you the item in the mail. If the latter type, then unlocking the feat will get you those feat points toward the skill point, but won't give you the material/item. Sadly, feats for items from collections tend to be the latter type, where the feat comes from the act of consuming the style or material itself.
    • Like x 2
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That doesn't apply to every material. The OP is referring to the Bioluminescent material, they have to complete the collection on a separate toon to receive an additional material.
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The bean counters want us to spend spend spend...and not a little, a lot. Players coming up with clever ways around it will wind up hitting that wall. You either want it bad enough to get it (like I did with my two other Black Neon Chromas) or you wait (like I will for any additional Black Neon Chromas...).
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

In this case the feat is for equipping the Material, not for completing the collection, so it won't work that way.