Ultraviolet Construct world boss

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Mar 9, 2022.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Legion of Doom's new open world Ultraviolet Construct world boss

These world bosses need to be more challenging they are squishy and players won't admit they just want them put up for the simple fact they offer a way to earn easy skill points offer hence the 27 spam Phases currently showing with (FULL) under Population with the rest showing a average of 35+ in each thats not full

Years ago when we asked for these world bosses when the game never had them we wanted bosses that offered not only the challenge but also to drop rare loot that is useful for styles not limited to just feats more random items weapon skins, gear skins, thins not always available but more like survival mode but without the need for such survival but instead we get 2 minute bosses that get beat so fast it's actually not even enjoyable to beat them do to the crowed the lag that comes with that crowed.

DC again you can do way better you just keep going the wrong direction and the really sad thing is most players won't admit that they just want the free easy feats they struggle getting from raids that make them work for it.

Bosses should resist being fought or use a world timer the same as in 31st Legion but cap the amount of players able to fight at a given time or make the boss the same to fight with 8 even when it's 16 or 32 nothing should be so easy make us work for it give me my $14.99 worth of game play I am paying for that you are cheating us out of.
  2. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Are you even thinking long term with this request?

Wonderverse and Legion was the worst world boss idea for the game and especially for the long term, for the players, this thing is a farm prison, penalizing players who could help elsewhere in instances, when some are forced to spend X number of hours to LFG players to make an instance.

Now think about the new players that will arrive in a few years and there is no one left to help them, because most players don't stay long on DC or only care about the latest content, for old DLC, this kind of content is hard to finish.

And finally for the moment you find it easy, because there are 20/30 players who beat the bosses around you, but wait to see if it will be as easy when there won't be so many players...
    • Like x 9
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I agree 100%. But we got that in Wonderverse and LoS with more mechanics, timing limitations ensuring survivability alone wouldn't result in victory, group size tuning making them actually somewhat challenging with a small group and even a new and much needed contribution and reward system. The result? Everybody packed in to 40+ player spam phases and button mashed to completion, whether by lack of skill, general apathy/laziness or it being the only option due to extreme overpopulated server lag and framerate drops. Everybody then b****ed and moaned about it because they wanted to obtain everything they could from the system in the first week and went about that goal in the way I just mentioned which proved to be boring, tedious and time consuming, especially considering the vendor prices (which I do actually agree were excessive).

Maybe the best way is similar boss/bounty fights but with daily loot locks and significantly reduced vendor prices. Or maybe it's with forced group size caps via specific phases dedicated to the boss/bounty fights and with tuning and required mechs so that those smaller groups can't just button mash slaughter their way to victory. After all, humans, gamers even more so, have proven that if given more freedom of choice, they'll choose the more misery-inducing route more often than not. And maybe the best way is something else entirely.

But one thing that is a safe bet is that after that onslaught of negative feedback received two episodes in a row, the devs are most likely gonna be quite hesitant to apply outside-the-box thinking regarding open world bosses/bounties for the foreseeable future. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. We shall see....
    • Like x 2
  4. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

No the world bosses should be treated as a raid type boss where 8 players is needed to fight it and you need to be geared to a respectable amount to be part of the fight add more the fight would get harder so you can't cheat the system by adding more creating a spam fest instead of having it just be a fun fight they are beating this boss so fast you can't even see what the mechanics are and the Legion battle is the best thing they ever added to this game and you can tell some of you all you do is play DC you don't experience other games and just want it to be easy and not a challenge you wouldn't last on Monster Hunter, Elden Ring , the only challenge you all want is ELITE the thrill of not dying that's just to easy if I wanted to make a player live on the edge in elite all I got to do is hold back heals and bam they get smacked cause they rely on healers to hold there hand 100% then to follow mechanics and trigger that R1 when it's needed and this is why DC is going to struggle when Marvel comes out.
  5. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Vender prices is always going to be a argument when it comes to time , and money to complete it cost of the old dcuo was a breeze and it made total sense you didn't buy weapons, neck , face or rings, you just bout the suit it took 40 complete runs on the current raid to complete 400 marks or 3,3360 replay badges to buy it all in the same day around $100 USD or 50% off sale $50 many took that route dc made good money no one complained or you just ran all the daily , weekly content and ruffly 6 weeks time you had it all you got the rings from the vault the utility belt , neck , face from the raid but either way we ran all the content we had reasons to one neck had some use over the next some offered damage buffs some weapons as well some likes the Prime weapon while others like the FOS 3 weapons some preferred the central city weapon point is they took at that stuff out and really old content only matters for marks to level augments origins artifacts not because we need to farm that special item that makes us stronger they want us focused on end content and spending MONEY.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kaistyle2 New Player

I am glad someone pointed out the downside of having world bosses in content that lacks the numbers to deal with them. Too many times I've ran the older stuff and looking at the phase would show one instance with one player (me) in it. While people can look for help in their league or possibly try to gather a group to do the content, it would be nice if Daybreak could look at how many players are in said content and then adjust it to match the situation if they don't happen to have events planned for said content. Not everyone has access to people willing to assist in said situations.

For example, the CC bounties can take a group to take down if you are at their CR level or lower, but once you get up to T4+ gear and skills, you can solo them even in CC with the right setups and you don't need augments. It takes a bit longer in some cases to burn them down depending on your role, but it is still possible.

Now I don't expect every boss to be turned into a cakewalk (by some standards), but I do hope that one day the older content can be accessible for both old and new players even long after the hordes of fellow players moved onto newer content.
    • Like x 3
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Somewhat generalizing there. I personally disliked the WV and LLL feats, but not for the fact I'd not get them done 'in the first week' as I generally haven't done that since Brine Hulk. It was the timed rotations, requiring a minimum of 50 hours to complete the counts, 38 in Legion. Or you could hit one a week for 100 and 75 weeks....way past a DLC's generally accepted shelf life. I actively called out people who were coming here 4 or 5 days in with reports of being 'done' with WV or LLL as it would only encourage them to one up us again. I want 'count' numbers to be set to a number you'd hit if running normally. LOD was pretty much like that, with Giganta being the exception. If you did her bounty once a week, you'd finish up in 50 weeks....roughly 1 year. The others would be 20 weeks....much more reasonable with a DLC shelf life around 12-16...so requiring a little overage. Granted, you'd only hit one a week, but assuming you hit each one 1 time a week, still doable in a 'routine' playtime with a daily visit...not requiring repeating and repeating till you want to jump off a cliff. Adding in a 27 (is that what it goes to?) count on this one so late in the DLC is just more of the same, spam-requiring....which seems to suggest that they WANT us spamming phases, not doing them naturally as part of our daily work. 27 counts in roughly as many days....yeah, we are going to end up spamming.

Personally I just recently finished the LOD ones, having only hit a few repeats each week. I haven't done any '1 week' finishes for a while....it's a waste of time as I'll be back down there every day for a few months anyway.
    • Like x 3
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Is Washington DC the largest instance map with bounties? There has been differently shaped traversable environments, Shirley. nah, LoD was larger and had higher map space.

Unless the bounties get a special loot table of shiny things...
    • legendary drop: style of gear or weapon skins
    • rare drop: orbital strike, henchmen, ally
    • common drop chance: a stack of a material called Nth Metal [common: 250x10 exp; rare: 50x100 exp or 5x1,000 exp; legendary: 5x1250 exp] or a stack of 10-50 exobytes
    I'm not going back there. Completed those feats a few months back. Got the feats from WV finished a few days ago. Double resource marks for those maps can draw some to it. They could/have added incentives beyond the feats. Whether a user utilizes LFG or not on there platform, that's on them.
    • Like x 2
  9. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

What the heck did I just read?? of course it is going to be easy the first day when you have 50 people in the open world spamming it wait till next week when there is only 6 or find a dead phase and go at it by yourself and I am sure you will get your monies worth.
    • Like x 5
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Isn't Washington DC...LOD? Are you on another map Doc?

You can't be serious....
    [IMG]
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, these bosses need to be buffed a thousand fold with so much health it takes half and hour for a full phase to even finish it and then when everyone is finished spamming the feats after the first weekend it will be impossible for all the dirty noobs who don't get it done on the first weekend, it will be glorious :)
    • Like x 3
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

We have to defeat the darn thing 50 times. How is that not having to work for it?
    • Like x 1
  13. nawanda Loyal Player

If the bosses are too easy for you, take a piece of gear off or something. Don’t look to inflict any more open world bounty grinding on the rest of us.
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Methinks a bit of truth might be slipping out in that sentence.
    • Like x 1
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Loving the humblebrag there.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not easy sometimes, playing this game knowing that some people (not Proxy, that post was clearly sarcasm) would rather you weren’t. :(
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The sentence with the most sarcasm, yeah probably :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I need you to vacate the building immediately :)
    • Like x 1
  19. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Some don't understand Sarcasm in 2022
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Some people aren't built to recognise it. We take it every other way but the one intended.