Turkeys of the sea ( a short rant )

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Jan 20, 2019.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

So with the triple crown weekend I am taking every opportunity to grab as much play time that get's me Rath Crowns as possible. I was just doing the daily solo missions and headed over to capture 6 brine hatchlings for the Rangler and grab my THREE crowns and Armor drop.

So what do I find? Three jerks "the TURKEYS OF THE SEAS" deliberately taunting the HULK into the pen that 4 or 5 of us working on the same missions have to drop off the hatchling we catch. I had a hatchling in hand when this first occurred and sat back out of argo range figuring eventually the Hulk would return to its spawn point. Well I figured wrong.... that thing decided it liked being in there with the babies.

Okay rant over.. I KNOW nothing will change but honestly devs? Do you actually sit up nights thinking of things like "If we put the spawn point there we can get a lot of solo players killed. Won't that be fun?" Ya had that whole map to stick that thing in and had to place it right next to the drop off point for a solo missions?
    • Like x 1
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Hulk would vanish for a while after it has no targets left to fight. I've never seen Hulk staying in the pen long after the area is free of invaders.
    I'm a vegetarian but count me in when you want to have some brined turkeys of the sea (ha)
  3. QuantumFlange Active Player

Get over it or use a shield like everyone else...
    • Like x 1
  4. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Agree. The hulk does leave.... unless the targets (turkeys of the sea) stay there taunting the hulk. I had that same issue a few weeks ago; it was a normal group of people going after the weekly bounty, and the hulk wound up in the small pen where the mission drop off point was. I had to wait a few minutes to complete that quest.

The original poster is saying that there were a handful of hoodlums deliberately taunting the brine hulk into that pen, and then not allowing peeps to finish their quest. Those hoodlums stayed there, keeping the brine hulk there.

That's the problem: peeps act like hoodlums sometimes.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Oh yeah, I had that happen to me too. Next time take the time to report them. I would LOVE to see Mepps take over the Giant Brine Hulk and ROFL stomp those griefers.

Um... no. Griefing gameplay is a violation of the TOS. We all want to play the game, not be bullied by players who want to hinder an open world mission because they are bored. Hindering players from completing an open world mission is griefing and should always be reported. Period.
    • Like x 5
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Awww now see that's the sort of response that has You on my ignore list.. Now did I ever say I died once during this stupid prank? No because I didn't and eventually I was the one the actually taunted the Hulk out of the pen when the three stooges disappeared and he vanished. NOW here's a question for you and those like you..

Is there some special feat available for being a total jerk in game? Because hero or villain every player has the exact same missions. Now I just wonder how amused any of those idiots would have been if THEY were the one's just trying to complete a daily mission, collect their crowns and armor drop and some other group of Jack A** es was doing that sort of thing to them. Its a game and while I am sure they'd have been thrilled if some one challenged them to a duel I do not do PVP. I'm 64 years old in March and I don't need to prove my manhood to anyone with a "pretend" character made of electric pixels.

Its attitudes like yours that just more of the same sort of thing... and that can tick newer players off and drive them away.
    • Like x 5
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if I recall right day one of the event (antimoniter) ppl kept spawning mainframe bots on the teleporter pad. damn annoying, and its sad because I cant tell if someone thinks this kinda of dumba**ery is funny or they are just grade a a**holes.
  8. myandria Item Storage

LOL I remember that and Mepps stealthed in with his Braniac Avatar and took out everyone by the Anti-Monitor Teleporter; twice. I wish I could have recorded it...:eek::D
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

lol yeah I had heard mepps did something I just never got details. and yeah I wish someone would've recorded that.
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

mepps should get a special title for his characters for doing stuff like that

..."Bane of Griefers"
  11. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I have heard of it as well. Luckily the Prime Avatar of Tech showed up in the Anniversary live stream so you can watch it over and over again in all its murderous glory.
    • Like x 1
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Phase.
    • Like x 4
  13. August Moon Well-Known Player

pvp pahse, not just good to do 100 treasures without a flock of people catching them , but alos good to escape stupidity . so far from what ive seen the villians and heros have this code of , you dont hit me i dont hit you going on so its really kind of peaceful
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Regardless of how it’s resolved all I see here is that the weekly brine hulk mission and the daily Chicken of the Sea missions were placed too close to each other.
    • Like x 3
  15. Controller Devoted Player

It can be annoying.

Try checking the opening to the Brine Hulk weekly / chicken of the seas dailies. They sometimes spawn in that area as well - making it less likely to have interference with those trying to run the weekly.
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Exactly the point I was going for :) The map of Atlantis is huge and that Brine Hulk could have been set up anywhere. So why stick it's spawn point right behind the pen where player have to deliver their "catch of the day" to complete the Chicken of the Sae mission?

This is only one instance where three jerks caused a small problem... I've had at least two times where I had completed my weekly missions and was only there to run the daily. But a group was attacking the Brine Hulk and of course he was chasing them down and attacking back. That caused him to move into position where his attacks were hitting players just doing the daily mission. I have actually stopped herding hatchlings and helped defeat their Mommy just so I could do MY mission. Now since this helps lead to a feat its not as big a deal but still I just spent ??? minutes defeating a weekly "kind of bounty" mission that gave me no Rath Crowns and no armor drop just so I could do the mission I actually needed to accomplish.

In the future DEVS could we at least try to set things up so one mission does not over lap and make another mission impossible? At the same time make them so some of the total jerks we have in game can't find easy ways to make life a living hell for other players ?
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah but that "solution" is getting to be old and tired. So the only way I can finish a mission without problems is to run back to the Watch Tower, switch to the PvP phase, run back to where the mission is, complete the mission and then run BACK to the Tower to switch out of PVP mode? Wouldn't it be simpler to just set the game up better to start with?
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah I remember that as well and it is another good example of the problem. The question occurs to me if the game itself is sooooo boring you have to be a total jerk in order to have any kind of fun.. then why not do the rest of us a break and go find another game to play.
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

because that would take common sense and common courtesy. two factors that seem to be missing by and large these days.
  20. QuantumFlange Active Player

I take it you opted for the shield as you clearly didn’t get over it. If you can’t handle a bit of griefing then maybe an online game isn’t for you? Unless of course you’re happy to bash out a few paragraphs about every minor annoyance you encounter...

Here’s hoping the DC Universe is kinder to you tomorrow.