Truth be told, RIT Elite it just too easy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Requiem00 New Player

Didn't expect to see a too easy thread today. I can get through DWF in under 30 mins but I can't get past this second boss yet ,I know the mechanics but there's times when you'll get the dot then get stunned or thrown up to the roof. Has anyone had trouble with getting stuck in the floor when trying to run from fountain to fountain? I've had this happen quite a few time. I don't mind that the boss is tough I'll get through it eventually plus I'll have something to do later, It looks like most of you are already done with the content in one day have fun waiting for the next dlc. Side note look at lfg sometime everyone is looking for a healer for second boss it's almost comical.
    • Like x 2
  2. Requiem00 New Player

Also if one of you see me in lfg,invite me so I can see how it's done. it won't be a carry. 170 dps 167 troll
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

A few things to do to create the challenge you seek. Take off all your gear. Have other 3 players run with no mods, minimum entry level cr and do nothing but spam full auto pistols at the wall the whole time.

They should make creating threads about complaining about the difficulty of the new content more challenging.
    • Like x 2
  4. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

That notion of Elite died with Throne.
    • Like x 2
  5. Controller Devoted Player

2nd Boss RIT is most difficult, as discussed in thread.

Took our PUG about 77 minutes to beat Elite last night - with most of that on 2nd boss. I almost gave up but after about a dozen tries we beat it.

I inspected healer and they had only 1 or 2 colored mods in. Seemed to have all the tactical mods. Didn't inspect the Dps or Tank.

I think the biggest thing is mechanics for 2nd boss. The water fountains that sprout up don't seem to last long as the normal alert. Those fountains are required to extinguish the red flame around you once Black Adam zaps you. The adds seem to use grenades or such that knock you around A LOT....not sure if this could've been alleviated with more experienced tanking.

My guess is that if the healer was fully modded the heals would've been better. Healer still appeared capable, though - as far as their role. But for whatever reason was not fully modded with colored mods.

Dps needed to be AWFULLY CLOSE to the boss....I guess this is needed for Max damage for some powers? Being THAT CLOSE to a boss still seems as crazy as a bag of cats, though.

For all that time and trouble I got elite shoulders from 2nd boss, which was worth it.

Overall I wouldn't go calling this alert "too easy" yet but that's my 2 cents. I do know it's not as difficult as PZ E, though.

I hope Alert is NOT buffed or nerfed. PLEASE leave it AS IS. We already have our difficult content (DWF).
    • Like x 1
  6. Sylo Committed Player

Another of these threads for some hoping others will think how awesome they are by their statement that something is too easy:rolleyes:.
    • Like x 8
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

Then it seems like MMOs arnt the genre you want to b playing, as they are known for their timesinks through RNG. Hell lately games have following a Psudo MMO forumula.Overwatch, Xenoverse, The Division, Warframe
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Totally understand the sentiments of this thread. However, this episode follows DWF, whose Elite version has not beeen beaten by most. If you have been around these parts for any length of time, you had to know that this was going to happen. In fact, you should have expected it. Difficult content, when we get it, is usually followed by spongebob content.

PZE is a vastly supperior Elite Alert. There is no denying. Nevertheless, I understand why this was done. (Currently sips tea while waiting for HH SM.)
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

They're releasing a new mechanic so characters automatically pick people up without effort.

Brain power is just overrated.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Understandable in an area but that doesn't justify making the Elite version (maybe minus 2nd boss for now) a cake walk.

Elite was supposed to be brutal and challenge for ages, while normal is normal or easy, but it's all just a money scheme now, it's not hard to work out.
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

3 DPS 1 heal on the elite alert. With 2 sidekick rotations and supply drops. Never seen the boss burned down so fast. CR differential is a huge factor.

However I think it needs to be easy. There are several dps only players who couldnt get into DWF. So this is their chance to gear up.

For me the problem lacks not in difficulty but the actual alert seems boring and over simplified. PZR and PZE were much more interactive as far as telling a story.

Its sad because RIT uses old maps so you would think they would use that to an advantage and do more interactive objectives and materials, but instead it turns into an alert that seems rushed and thrown together at the last minute.

Even when you first come to Kahndaq you talk to RIP and immediately fly to the second boss fight ignoring the long conversation he gives.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ully Committed Player

Both versions of the alert are easy and if I'm being honest, I kinda like the change of pace for this episode. Personally, I feel as though the community is opening up somewhat and is more accepting of players for this episode. SM should be dropping soon so we'll get a crack at something relatively challenging. ;)
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Think they did something to elite is morning....was not a pushover like the first two days. (2nd boss that is) even though u can see the skulls, more come out at once
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

haven't really had a chance to try it. my one elite run on wed didnt fare so well. not going to have a chance to really focus on it till early next week. i'd rather get my toons feats from the solo, water puddles and run them all through the normal version for a few days anyway.

i dont hate this months chapter, dont love it either. as always content leaves me feeling like there should have been a little more. kind of feels like the sons of trigon dlc after origin crisis. easier content with strong gear to make the hard old stuff easier.

actually has me pining for old school dlcs over monthlies...
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Better solution. All players stay in one spot where the fountain spawns. Healer healer spam heals and troll power dumps like mad. End result, fight is a cakewalk just like regular.

First boss upper left hand corner.

Final boss was a joke.

All bosses can be beaten without a tank because it is that easy to run this content.
  16. Senko Committed Player

No other MMO I've played has RNG so bad you can beat the hardest raid in the game and get gear that actually hurts your ability to fight multiple times. Getting the specific gear you want or the best gear from a bunch of good gear sure but nothing like we have here where you can walk away with green trash drops repeatedly. Not on a raid. Its the difference between going into a raid multiple times for the gold gear upgrader and walking away with purple gear and purple gear upgraders vs going into a raid multiple times for purple gear and not even getting a blue.
  17. RLManuel Committed Player

The elite is fine. You can't beat it unless everyone knows what to do, and since I'm guessing most of you spammed it you already know what to do and what not to do.

If it's to easy you cry, if it's to hard you cry.

Just shut up and stop making these "it's too hard" or "it's too easy" threads.
    • Like x 2
  18. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yeah but this sucks when your mains are a troll and a tank. I feel after this weekend, I will be jobless.
  19. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Lol, blah blah blah. I swear all of you "this isn't good enough" people need to be banned. I'm so damned sick of hearing how its not to your liking.
    Play it or don't but please, spare us your asinine opinions.
    • Like x 2
  20. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Correction ppl who want hard content cry about content being to easy. Gamers that like to be carried without thinking cry when something get hard.
    For me example, I cry when ppl ask for nerfs, but I stay quit when content is hard and good :D