Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. savageprime New Player

They are already calling for shields in the fire wip. Good bye the advanced status of fire tanking. I used to respect fire tankd for being more advanced but you go start getting shields and well your no different than easy mode ice :)
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

Literally everyone else has a healing shield. Don't act like this is completely out of left field (despite me not really wanting a shield either). Tanking probably needs a lot more work, I'm just championing the minimum that I think the devs can actually implement as opposed to powerset overhauls like some people.
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

Instead of having a shield, i would preffer to have a bigger health buff (bigger than the current 60%)

I only like those blue flames because of this :
    [IMG]
  4. savageprime New Player

Well for fire yea thats left field. Meh maybe it can helo noobs but I figured thats whaf ice is for :)
    From what ive been reading here and the wip many feel theres not alot to really do to fire tanking. Concensus seems to be a minor buff to self heals but other than that not much else the community is calling for with the tanking side.
    Now dps im a complete ignorant person to even attempt to suggest anything so ill leave thag to the real fire users.
  5. Newsflash New Player

Excellent video, thanks for posting it :)
    • Like x 1
  6. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

That looks people to me. That would still be better then pastel blue.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Someone else mentioned the blue signifies you're getting Power back. Which means it is the appropriate color.
  8. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

Yeah I know that's what the mechanic is. I still think it looks like poo.
    • Like x 1
  9. 6000Degree New Player

10. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

Thanks for the clarification.
  11. AtrocitusOmega Committed Player

When I see fire like this in game I will be happy lol

[IMG]
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Bolt z Well-Known Player

Anyone knows if this loadout efficient? Any problems or suggestions ?

Loadout: Spontaneous Conbustion, Meteor, Neo-Venom Boost, Overheat, Robot Sidekick, Fiery Weapon

14. 6000Degree New Player

In tank role anything over 2000 dom won't buff health, can someone check on test server if it is fixed?
    For example, I should get:
    11575*1.6 + 2.2*2090 = 23118 HP, instead I get
    11575*1.6 + 2.2*2000 = 22920 HP
  15. Random Hero New Player

Hi all. I wanted to bring up a few issues I find with fire tanking in case anyone here can post on test and bring this up.

As I see it the main issue with fire tanking in particular is that our heals are crit based. By this I mean that if our heals crit they seem to be decently sufficient. I see this as a problem because Ice shield will ALWAYS mitigate 100% Dom+Resto, Earths absorbtion will ALWAYS absorb 50% of incoming damage and rages rage mode will ALWAYS heal back 100% of dmg received. Meanwhile as fire with 2500+ dom and 2400+ Resto I can see heals from anywhere between 1.1k-3k on burst heals and HOTs as low as 400. They really should fix it to where we are guaranteed a heal that matches our Dom+Resto I think that along with fixing the Dom buff cap would put us in a decent place for tanking.

Fire tanking is decent as is and is fun , I myself usually dps/off tank sm to constant round 6s but the fact of the matter remains that as a tank powerset we are to block and healer reliant
    • Like x 1
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Considering coming back, anybody give me the cliff notes on the current state of fire dps and tanking?
    • Like x 4
  17. Zim New Player

Tanking is pretty much the same as it always has been with some minor tweaks in this next update. Stoke flames is getting a shorter cooldown and burning determination can be used while countered now, (like it used to be). Most of the changes taking place are for the dps side which from what I am hearing is going to be an improvement.

Hope to see you soon soulburnah!
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

DO IT.

...and no. I cant name a single thing about fire other than you're getting a revamp and there are notes and videos posted in this thread in the test server: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu39-fire-update.210936/

All changes so far are DPS related, but considering the amount of feedback they've received about tanking I'd be absolutely shocked if they didnt add anything in for that side within the next few updates.
  19. Korlick Loyal Player

Really? I wouldnt be
    • Like x 8
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

It's only the first week. There's still time.

If you guys didn't see, spord only made changes to the tank side except cascade which was OP for pvp at the time.

BTW, has anyone here tried to tank with fire on the test?