Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

which am do you think is best then? if not fire...i heard gadgets one was nerfed or something is that true? if so who is the next best AM power?
  2. Stark23 Committed Player

I absolutely love Electric's AM.
  3. Stark23 Committed Player

And, LOLz at the last page. An entire waste of a page. Brawling ranged tanking, c'mon man. Everyone knows 1H is the way to go for Tanking.

It's all personal preference, but Brawling ranged? Now that's funny.
    • Like x 2
  4. JimsArcade Well-Known Player

So this was just posted on @DCUO's Twitter:

[IMG]

:eek:
  5. Stark23 Committed Player

I want to know what's inside that top link sooo bad!
    • Like x 2
  6. L T Devoted Player

For those too lazy to go to the test forum:

I've tanked most of HOP so far and this will help A LOT. It sounds sort of like a buff of the last fire tanking improvements.

What I'd REALLY like is for burning determination to give a stronger immunity from control effects than it does, almost like a shield. I don't need to be shielded from damage, just totally protected from being stunned or knocked around. An ice tank can pop a shield and pick up a downed team mate or work a terminal. Honestly I'd trade all of the above improvements for the ability to do that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

So youre not just asking to be protected from stuns and knocks, you want to be inmune to attacks. Like having a shield but without using a shield...
    • Like x 3
  8. L T Devoted Player

I guess that's what I'm asking-- a semi-shield that doesn't protect from damage but lets me revive someone.

I feel helpless when someone goes down and the only thing I can do about it is hit backdraft and hope that the adds around the downed player dont have control immunity, hope the boss will come running right away, and hope someone else will get there in time. That's a lot of hope. I should go blue lantern.
    • Like x 1
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

I wonder what the reasoning behind increasing Resto at level 81 was. Burning D, still wish it let me revive someone, they really should look at the immunity it provides the user and teammates (1 second?), and the animation doesn't pop as well as Burnout. Here's hoping they don't destroy the healing ticks now, though I wonder if Burnout's healing will match Burning D's. Stoke Flames...cool, I guess.

I do think they should reevaluate how much each power costs to use and their positions on the power trees though. At the very least, Spontaneous Combustion and Stoke Flames need to switch sides.
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes it would be nice to be able to hit a cog or/and revive a teammate, but i prefer the improvent to the self-sustain aspect of the power.
    There are other 3/7 people in the group to do that.

Some powers switching places and a little power consumption, yes, That would be nice too.
    • Like x 2
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

Why is it an either/or? Why not both? As it is, the immunity that Burning D and Burnout give is way too short.

I really wish for that power consumption to be lowered. Juggling loadouts tend to be way less power intensive than self-healing. All it takes is the troller to be a battle-troll and self-healing (currently) gets torn in half.
  12. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Been doing some math again, which is always a dangerous thing...Is Spontaneous Combustion suppose to do more damage than Overheat? Even though Overheat has dots.
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

I believe so yeah.
  14. Dogico Loyal Player

Pick ups and getting terminals are not something a tank should worry about (realistically only Ice tanks can do this). Sure it'd be cool if you could but it's definitely not necessary. Plus, bringing all the adds to where the downed player is... downed isn't the best idea.
    • Like x 3
  15. L T Devoted Player

Good point.

The other thing I'd really like to see added to the tanking side of fire is a power that extends burning.
  16. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

To be honest I don't have any problem burning enemies. Seems the burning PI is applied rather easily. Currently use backdraft, wildfire, fiery weapon, stoke flame, burning determination and eternal flame. Seem like I'm able apply burn with every rotation.
  17. Korlick Loyal Player

Question for anyone with access to the Test Servers:

How big is the increase on the first burst heal from Burning Determination (on live, if im not mistaken, it goes from 700 to 1500 with 3.5k resto) and Stoke Flames?

EDIT:: And if the resto buff is only 20% i think its not enough for Top tier raids. 25% should be the minimum.
    • Like x 2
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

Again, for the people with access to the Test Servers:

There is some guy asking to increase the power cost for all the healing powers so it wont be OP in PvP.
    First: He clearly doesnt know how power hungry are Fire Tanks.
    Second: Having two different power costs (or cooldowns) for PvE and PvP its something that shouldnt be easy to do, i guess. Its gonna be a mess.

Fire Tanking has already been nerfed to the ground thanks to the PvP community claiming it was OP.

smh
    • Like x 2
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

Please tell me no one is taking that fool seriously? One of the biggest drawbacks of Fire's self-healing has always been the power needed. Increasing power costs would negate everything the devs seem to want to buff.
    • Like x 2
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

I hope nobody is listen to him or anyone asking for something like that.