Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. TheThud New Player

Just try it. I use one hand to pulse beam mastery and hit VC where I would hit any other power. It crit last night for over 15k 3 times during 1 VC.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

Yeah vc was hitting hard for me, when the latest dlc hit. The only problem was if your enemy jumped out of the damage field.

For those worried about the new hand mod cheapening the cast time powers, think of it this way. You can hit a mini supercharge every three seconds when mass det is properly set up. What is giving a hand mod going to do for other powersets, like earth who desperately need it, that will equal that?
  3. SevereLouis New Player

Is fire getting a revamp?
  4. TrueOlympus New Player

it's getting a tanking revamp in the future
  5. Minarum New Player

No, FB and MD just don't put the numbers out like they used too. Pre-WM, MD was still good, and ages ago FB was about the same as MD for damage... But that was ages ago. Now it's just "cool" mechanics and stuff, but not worth the damage. AM was just to shut people up, it's not even close to as good as what they said it was. But what they recently did with SC... Fire is now towards the top instead of being close to the worst dps like we were. The only revamp we need is to beef up FB and MD about 200-300%+ and to make the "AM" of getting power back and stuff more reasonable... I just don't see me sacrificing so much time and cripple my dps for a little bit of power back.... Oh well.
  6. SevereLouis New Player

Tanking revamp as in shields or making restoration and heals more effective?
  7. TrueOlympus New Player

no shields because shields are less effective fir fire than any other tanking power
    • Like x 1
  8. 6000Degree New Player

That's how AM is meant to play, with Clipping, otherwise you can't achieve high damage.

45k? I'll add this to my loadout, I discarded SC until now because I tought they were not worth a slot.
    When I tested MD, I felt still better to use WM+SC, guaranteed crits seems to win vs highly variable damage.
    I believe that for AM to be comparalbe, max volatility should give a 100% crit chance on MD
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

You can sneak a WM combo in-between each MD and elsewhere in a AM load out. Brawling (Tap Hold) is very fast and doable consistently. Damage is not amazing clearly but it does add a little extra and a bit of a challenge to make sure you finish the WM in time.
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

You are way overstating the dmg of Mass Det. lol at that mini supercharge comment. Mini supercharges don't hit for a measly 4k at 5k might on frequent occasions. Fire DPS are better off sticking with Spont. Com+WM. And that is even more true after the Max mod. The mod buffs our WM aspects and cheapens are cast time powers. Sure mass det will crit for 4k sometimes.... but at least you get a 60% mod right?! That benefit no longer exists.

The only thing that was holding earth back is Totem being at 50% and Striking Stones being at 35%. While the Max damage mod does fix earth's major problem, that doesn't mean it does not cheapen other powers uniqueness. It's bad AND good.

Also, You should never be using mass det every 3 seconds..... that means you aren't using ANY weapon combos.
  11. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

say all powers are equal right now. all am and wm loadouts are also equal. (i know, they arent) and say fires AM puts out similar damage with any other type of power (definitely doesnt)

in an instance they both do 3 mil damage. fire am was running at 60% the whole time so that will not change with max damage. another power (even can use fires wm here) im not sure what the average modifier was the whole fight but im will to bet its around 45% (higher for some lower for other like earth) i can be wrong with how i think mods work but

3,000,000 / 1.45 x 1.6 = 3,310,345 (about a ten percent increase)

on average EVERY powerset will be getting a 10% damage buff while fires AM which isnt even keeping up as is will get NO benefits from this. even ice user are getting a buff with max damage even if ice armor is rendered useless.

Mass det already needed a buff to keep up with other powers, now you can add 10% to what ever that buff was going to be. or maybe increase the modifier for all cast time powers
    • Like x 1
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    Just a quick update on my loudout. Turns out its perfectly repeatable and matches my power [3k] and the cooldown for a perfect repeat.
    Thought its a power hungry with a good troll that should not be an issue due to you actually doing good damage.
    After some testing. Fire AM can keep up with the explosive shot mastery just not the crit.
    http://imgur.com/Gxa33B7
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

So awesome mechanics are at best mediocre. Nothing new. Earth's pet is even crappier and will be on that 10-15% damage increase side with this mod.
    I get what you're saying though. When everyone else will be improving, by either a little or a lot, those using the fire am will stay the same.
    That's the first logical complaint I've seen on this forum about the hand mod. But it's coming, and it is going to help powersets like earth out tremendously, more so on the WM side though than anything.

My above 3 second scenario was not meant to be taken very literally. No crap you need to hit weapon combos in between mass det's. But having a 60% modifier was not what was special about fire as at least 3 other powersets could do the same thing. It's what you did or could do with those cast time powers that was unique. And that isn't changing just because everyone can have a 60% damage mod now.
  14. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

You just need Inferno, Fiery Weapon and Spontaneous Combustion to be beast with fire. Fireburst and Mass Det aren't that great.

I have around 4600 might and 2300 precision. I use HB to explosive shot WM.

The charged blast hits 1-2k, the solar flame 2-3k (non crit) and 4-6k (crit), the explosive shot 3.5-7k (non crit) and 7-20k (crit), and spontaneous combustion hits 3.5-6k on burning targets. These are non split numbers.
  15. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I want to second who ever said try VC. OMG. Fire finally has a supercharge. Seen crits of a 16k last night
  16. TheThud New Player

Your welcome. I've yet to see 20k, but I've been really close. It's all about setting up properly.
  17. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Fireburst and Mass det are pretty good. They can easily beat Combustion + WM might crit.
    [IMG]
  18. TheThud New Player

Not even beating WM in this chart. The AM is not as good as WM.
    • Like x 2
  19. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

Yes, and I'm on a bit of a tirade about it today. So many people just write it off, not caring about whether or not AM's are viable playstyles. Most players (of other power sets) don't care about whether cast time powers get screwed over, because they can't comprehend any scenario in which one could effectively use them anyway.

Recently, I've been experimenting with fully utilizing Fire's AM for DPS. Using no weapon mastery combos at all. It can be done. It may not be on par with (SF > Explosive Shot > SC), but its a playstyle that shouldn't be entirely dismissed.

I have been enjoying trying it out, which is why this mod is a bit of a bummer. Other powers and playstyles will be getting a great buff, and Fire AM gets virtually no benefit.
  20. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its not supposed to. AM is supposed to keep up with or beat the WM Might crit [Spontaneous Combustion] Which it clearly is.
    • Like x 2