Time and Space - The Quantum Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Solarstar, May 8, 2013.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

Drop the WM combo, and use DW within the Time Bomb. Your goal should be to always have Time Bomb on cooldown by constantly firing it.

DW only needs to be used once every 3 Time Bombs, so you can switch it out for 2 Time Bombs, then switch it back in.

Out of all the powers that do more damage against destabilized enemies the strongest are WB and TB. Time Shift should only be used to take the place of Distortion Wave during the 2 Time Bombs where you switch it out.

Because I use 5 slots in my loadout for Time Bomb and the time powers I don't have the ability to fit bothe WE and GW, so I drop GW.
    • Like x 2
  2. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

Is there a reason you don't just use time bomb> DW>WB>TB for every rotation? I've been doing that and using TV when it's up in place of WB. I also have QT for survivability purposes and picking people up.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Time Bomb's damage is the damage of whatever time powers that damage enemies between when it is fired and when it explodes multiplied. So, if you increase the damage of the time powers, by switching out Distortion Wave for Time Shift, you increase the damage for those Time Bombs.
    • Like x 2
  4. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

Is the damage difference that noticeable? Just wondering because QT has saved my/my teammates multiple times. Just trying to justify not having a defensive move lol
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

Its an average boost of 6.8% in Time Bomb's damage and the damage of the time powers is increased by an average of just under 9%. Honestly, this is probably a bigger boost than you get from Warped Reality or Temporal Vortex, so if you think you need a defensive power I'd switch one of those out.
  6. Avian Dedicated Player

Is it just me or do you sometimes not get the full damage of Warp Barrage into TB if you don't use it as the first power after using TB?
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

If its first or second it should fit. It will miss if it is used third, however.
  8. Avian Dedicated Player

I was trying to use it as second but it's like it doesn't always fit in (lower AM damage), I don't know if I'm just seeing things though.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

If you have a combat log, I can check the numbers to see if it is getting counted or whether they just happen to be weaker Time Bombs.
  10. PillowHands Committed Player

I see claims of a 5 power time bomb rotation, but I've never seen a loadout or a rotation for it. Someone said it uses consumables. Is this fact or myth?
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

The only time I've seen a reference to it was when someone was counting the cast of Time Bomb as one of the powers.

It might be possible with Quantum Tunneling, but frankly other loadout options would net you more Dps. Plus the movement can be very impractical in content, especially considering the modifier for Time Bomb is affected by the distance between you and enemies. Also, the strain this puts on your power, as the powerback isn't instant, can lead to you running out of power and not being able to fire 5 powers any way. I think this might also might have problems with cooldowns as well.

In short, 5 power Time Bombs aren't a thing, and the frankly shouldn't be.
    • Like x 2
  12. Gunny New Player

Right now, I am performing some testing with the quantum am, and I am coming up with a few interesting notes. I may or may not follow this up with more information - I have not decided yet what to do with whatever I find.

-- Time bomb's AM damage is equal to: Damage = sum damage for all abilities hitting during time zone X multiplier.
    -- The damage from time bomb itself is excluded from this calculation.
    -- Multiplier is a specific number assigned based on how many powers are used in the time cycle OTHER than time bomb itself. I can say with very reasonable certainty that the multiplier for using time bomb + 1 ability is about 2.98. Testing is still being done to locate additional modifiers.

Furthermore, I have been unable to create any sort of change whatsoever to that modifier without using more abilities in the loop, which includes any buffs or crits anywhere in the loop, so that tells me a few things as well...

-- Damage done by the abilities and the multiplier are the ONLY two things in determining damage. This means that a critical hit DURING the time loop by an ability use does increase the AM hit to follow. This also is true for supply drop buffs, trinkets, etc.
    -- The AM hit itself is NOT affected by buffs. For example, the AM hit itself can crit, but the damage is not increased. This was confirmed by using a buff after using time bomb + 1 ability, but before the AM tick went off, and noting the damage modifier did not change whatsoever.

With that information in mind, this means that the most effective use of quantum will be applying all boosts or buffs on the abilities used during the cycle. As far as actual loadouts go, more modifiers will need to be found, and then the differences will have to be compared to find what is the most optimal setup.

What I CAN say though is it is possible that contrary to popular belief, spamming time bomb as much as humanly possible may not be the most ideal DPS. Possibly more on this later....

----------------------------------------

For those interested these are my testing parameters.

-- Naked toon, but 200 SP spent on all crits + might/precision.
    -- Base sparring target
    -- Hands equipped (level 99 DPS + might VI ex) with max damage. This allows all damage to have the same DPS multiplier (60%). This avoids having to reverse each modifier.
    • Like x 1
  13. Gunny New Player

Also, I can confirm there is a 5 power rotation not including time bomb.

However, this does require one move to not cause damage (QT or power dump). My research on mulitpliers will dictate whether or not this is a viable strategy. In order for a 5-power time loop to be effective, the difference in multipliers between a 4 power loop and a 5 power loop has to be large enough to make up for the damage the 5th power does not have.

It will also need to be proven that a non-damaging time tree power actually does increase the multiplier.
  14. Absolix Loyal Player

The multiplier is also affected by what powers are used, not just how many. For instance DW, WB, and TB give a multiplier of 3.72, but WB, TB, and TS give a multiplier of 3.65.

Nothing you said is really new information.

Using more powers is typically a loss of Dps since, because of cooldown restraints you are forced to use powers that don't deal additional damage to destabilized enemies, which decreases the efficiency of the Time Bomb.

The only time it might be useful is when you need to reapply the PI, but on live the boost preloading is supposed to get to the multiplier, it boosts 3.72 up to 3.82, is buggy and doesn't always trigger, so its more practical not to.
    • Like x 2
  15. psi-knight New Player

I love the feel of quantum. The whole time and space thing really fits the theme of a superhero. I only wish that the space tree is good, otherwise I may not want to deal with the game right now.
  16. gamerdude582 New Player

17. tomuchpressure New Player

can i have a loadout for dps role and rotation for pvp
  18. psi-knight New Player

Just wondering. If one were to explain the time tree as a tech-based power, how would it work? A suit or something? (thinking of making my tech/batman hero a time-based quantum hero)
  19. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Actually clipping in Extortion is exactly what I do. I have an armory for damager, troller, and one for hybrid to battery while damaging. If you use partial Troll gear your vit does well enough, and having the damager's power back mechanic makes it possible to keep extortion on cooldown, far more than a troll can afford without running dry. I just make sure to have enough power to afford time bomb, my 3 attacks and 2 extortions clipped in there, keeping time bomb and extortion on cooldown. There's no pot tick, but ticks only occur ever 5 seconds and are smaller than dumps anyway. I can put up decent damage (no less than half of a pure damager) while keeping a 4 man topped off at all times. It replaces the need for troll stance in anything pve other than solo trolling a raid, since shares are limited to 3 allies, and contributes to some great clear times. The role optional buff for lacking trolls is a bonus.
  20. Xzotix Committed Player

Which is better WR or Temporal Vortex as the 6th slot?
    I'm currently using TV.