Time and Space - The Quantum Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Solarstar, May 8, 2013.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

I've heard of this, but seen evidence to the contrary. The 2 times I've had Time Bombs not have the AM damage I was the only Quantum player.

The first time was in the first instance of the AF II daily quest, so there weren't other players at all. The second time was in the prime battleground part of return of to the nexus, and the trol was HL, so no overwrites there.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zeikial Committed Player

Does it matter what power you end on if your using the max damage mod in your hands? All powers are %60 modifiers. So all the debate on what power to end on to get the biggest modifier isn't necessary.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Generally, No. The powers you choose to use in during the Time Bomb matter, but once you have the max damage mod the only ones that you have to worry about, order wise, are Warp Barrage and Temporal Vortex, because they have a delay to their damage.
  4. Marek Committed Player

How does warped reality fit into the AM? I see alot of people use it but is it more for just clipping purposes or what? I know the description says it has a chance to add damage to your attacks but does it affect time tree powers since wr is in the space tree? I know it adds a graviton charged pi but time tree powers dont benefit from that. I guess im just wondering whats the advantages for having it in your loadout IF it doesnt make your time tree powers hit harder. From my testing it didnt seem like it did much.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Simply put, you can put whatever you want to in your last two slots. For the Ares fight in Thrones, you really need to cram as much damage as you can in a short time. For me, I put Temporal Vortex on my bar, but what about the 6th slot? Normally you could run RS if you wanted to, however pets are highly discouraged during that fight so something like Warp Reality is better than nothing.

Some players run GWell and WR in their fifth and sixth slots and really, there is nothing wrong with that IMO. I did the numbers running GWell alone and WR alone but using them together nets more damage. There are times where I feel having a DoT going in the background will yield more damage than just relying on TV to cause huge Time Bomb damage. This would of course be a fight like Cerberus where you may have to move due to fire. Cerberus is also a big enough target that he's probably going to stay in your AOE field.
  6. Revoemag Committed Player

If you want to be putting out most damage, then add quantum tunneling as your 6th power. Nothing hits harder than continuous DPs, and with QT even if you get knocked down or adds are on you, simply teleport away and continue dpsing. Good for escapes and pickups..
  7. Zeikial Committed Player

So how are you using temporal vortex? Is that taking up a rotation slot or are you trying to fit in 4 powers before time bomb goes off
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

Fire it off as the first or second power after firing Time Bomb. It hits harder than any other Time power, but there's a delay to the last 2 ticks of damage which will keep them from being counted towards Time Bomb's damage if fired last. Its best for when it will hit at least 2 enemies, and never fire it more than once per Time Bomb, as you'll likely hit the damage cap. You can also try to line it up with a trinket and/or supply drop for more damage.
    • Like x 2
  9. Agnetta Dedicated Player

Does anyone know how big of a difference core strength makes vs penetrating strikes?

Also, do we get a buff from not spec'ing into WM combos?
    • Like x 1
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Its interesting, because Time Bomb is affected by core strength twice. It affects the time powers damage, indirectly boosting Time Bomb's damage, and it directly affects Time Bomb by boosting the damage modifier.

Based on some rough numbers I ran, I think core strength might be slightly stronger, but I'd need to get the base damage of Time Bomb's nonAM tick and Warped Reality's base damage and chance to proc to be sure.

In a Temporal Vortex loadout, it is almost assuredly better.
    • Like x 2
  11. Agnetta Dedicated Player

Ok, cool. Do you know if there's a damage penalty for spec'ing into WM? I'm not sure if WM increases the damage of range taps or not, but I unlocked it for my weapon just for that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

Unlocking WM doesn't affect the +5% crit chance and +25% crit damage of the AM.

Only certain combos are affected by unlocking WM. If they are they are put in the combat log as normal combo name mastery. The only tap ranges that I know are affected are DW's and Brawling's.

Edit: double checked Shiny's weapon guide and it appears that DW and Brawling have the only tap ranges boosted by unlocking WM.
    • Like x 1
  13. shiny mackerel Committed Player

• Like x 6
  14. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

So I just started playing again after a break...I was running A&B to get some triumph and unlock all my mods again, etc. We didn't have a troll but this quantum dps was wrecking. Granted he was CR114 but the strange part to me was that his power in and power out were identical and he was spamming powers like crazy..how did he achieve that?
  15. Absolix Loyal Player

The Quantum AM, like the other Advanced Interaction AMs, is completely power efficient as it involves the highest usage of powers.

For Quantum the power cost of any time power used between when Time Bomb is fired and when it explodes is returned when Time Bomb explodes, in a addition to the power cost of Time Bomb itself. This means a Quantum AM user can be completely self sufficient as far as power.
    • Like x 2
  16. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

That is so badass... Lol so essentially if you had all quantum dps you wouldn't need trolls in a raid?
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

You'd still need a trol for healers and a tank, plus some powers outside of the time powers, like Warped Reality, still don't return power.
  18. Del Maestro Well-Known Player

I was messing with a couple loadouts and one of them had temporal extortion in it. Id like to see a raid with no trolls, all quantum dps using temporal extortion
  19. Absolix Loyal Player

I wouldn't use Temporal Extortion. The power dump as a dps is incredibly low and the stat nuff is almost nonexistent at tier 6.

The best choices for any extra loadout spots are Warped Reality, Temporal Vortex, Robot Sidekick, and Gravity Well. Only use Gravity Well if you also use Warped Reality.
    • Like x 1
  20. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

Is it better to start with DW and then use Time Bomb for the pi or to just use DW within the Time Bomb window. Currently I'm using weapon mastery into DW>Time bomb>TB>TS and throwing TV in there when it's available. Is there a better way to maximize my DPS. I was thinking of using WB in place of TV. Or is the power consumption worth using GW with WR.