This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Well aside for pze first boss being broken against tanks that use shields and first boss range attack hitting for 190 to 220k I spent the day and most of the night running content. It was all regular in difficulty but I ran prime, unholy matrimony, fos2 and alot of 4 man alerts. Sadly this required me to switch to healer role alot cause the healers I kept getting placed with was trying to do battle heal or just didn't realize that if you have a move that doesn't heal or shield it shouldn't be on your load out. They don't seem to be ready 4 advise but give them a couple days tof being called trash and maybe the will figure out that this new update requires them to learn the roles and that no one can carry them anymore .
    • Like x 2
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don’t really care what anyone says at the end of the day these people know I’ll sit here and argue with Mepps if I have to, I don’t care. That’s what I love about the developers being involved with their community. Sometimes we don’t have to get the communities approval of something in order to be heard by those who actually matter in this matter.

If these developers really wanted to make great changes to their game they would have started by hiring in game moderators like we used to have. Back then allegations and accusations were investigated now there’s convicted felons running free and preying on children and none of them bat an eye towards that. Just saying :)
    • Like x 2
  3. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I wish but with one caveat
    Lower CR PLAYERS GET THEIR OWN INSTANCES because the seasonals are for level 10 & above the last time I looked.
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

mmmm, screenshot!!!!! k....
    :p
    [IMG]
    u've got more tabs in chat. Red Text is a fix of sorts, i noticed. good move, but your players have shown a capacity of not reading. See new mechanics messaging of recent years.

Oh, that screenshot was my second character that is my main. Here is the 1st, BattleAngel Gally, a fire hero.
    [IMG]
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

That's not true.
    But you did make me think of this.

• Like x 1
  6. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

It will take time. Some people think learning these things should be overnight but thats a ridiculous expectation in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  7. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

You know being optional as a choice for clamping was proposed years ago and most if not all of the ones asking to make instances optional now were against any kind of clamping (including optional) back then. You know if those players were not so dead set against the optional choice back then. IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN OPTION TODAY.
    The devs had to make a decision and considering everyones stance in the past. They had to pick their poison.
    Make instances optional...players are going to belly ache
    Make instances not optional...players are going to belly ache. They (the devs) probably have charts to back up this decision too.
    Something to ponder on.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Next DLC theme?

[IMG] [IMG]
    NSFW:
    • Like x 4
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

OK now you're just making things up.

Receipts pls
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Not one bit fabricated.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

100% fabricated
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

No, just 100000000% no. Credit to literally all of the forums, overt sexism as you are implying never, never goes down well here, a well know poster who everyone knows is female has been attacked numerous times and literally no-one stands for it and that's not the only time i've seen that happen on the forums.

You trying to imply some commonality between the responses you and Amanda receive is down to anything other than the way you post doesn't make sense. Maybe everyone thinks Civil & AJPro are female too. Sorry I know its a few pages back, but seriously this needs to be called out. This accusation is BS.
    • Like x 5
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Apparently they're not getting it somehow, cause all I see is circles of conversational debates/differences.
  14. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Lol, I'm not going to debate with you about this because you were not here when it happened.
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Marketing is a thing.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

LoL
    The buts are loose
    Or are
    The buts loose
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's not a debate. You're just making things up, mischaracterizing people and not even willing to provide any proof whatsoever around these broad, silly accusations.

It's embarrassing.
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

You do realize the clamp is on by default? And un-clamping it removes you out of the general queue pool and strips you of any reward outside of boss loot right? Once you get your mount/style their is literally never a reason to go back into them, outside helping players through it and even then they dont get experience for the run. SO they have more incentive to run it clamped

Apollia can sit there and like everything that people disagree with me with. Not because of merit but out of sheer spite of me lol.

But ive been playing since Lightning showed up in 2014, i know what im talking about.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because they want to blow through content, but cant ask for that directly. So its "give us a unclamped version with rewards" Trying to completely de-fang the stat clamp to make sure they have a faceroll option so that status quo doesnt change.
    • Like x 2