The New Loot Opinion Page

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Aug 30, 2013.

1. R33F3R New Player

you can pug t5s now without ninjas? = win + salvage = /flex
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Again then, Xoduis... What happens if you run Nexus/Paradox again and it drops Traces Troll Gear, A weapon you need, a plan you need and a FE5? Because there's a chance that could happen on the new system, so what of the new system then? is it still unfair and biased and shouldn't be enforced on anyone?
  3. XODUIS Committed Player

The vast majority of MMORPG games have some sort of class system, where each player can choose a class which allows them certain skills, as well as placing certain restrictions on which items the player can use. Players of a certain class also prefer items which have attributes which improve statistics which give benefit to the primary skills of their class. Thus, each player often does not desire the same item, as a group of players generally has several of these classes in its makeup. However, many items also have some value in the in-game currency, so there is often some interest in the item from all players involved. The "Need Before Greed" system allows players who will make the most use of the items have priority over those who only desire the item for its monetary value, such that only the subset of players who will benefit the most are allowed to "roll" for the item. If no players desire the item, then a pure random system is used to determine who obtains the item for its monetary value. This system can be very straightforward and simple, especially in smaller groups of players where perhaps only two or three players desire the same item. What i got from Wiki, WoW and Everquest still use the old system
  4. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I like it as is.

I'll take my chances that eventually I'll get what I need rather than seeing what I need multiple times and losing out on the rolls everytime.

Thank Zod for that new Trinket...I had been trying to get the FOS 1 DPS trinket for over a year.
  5. Badname654 New Player

Loot tables suck D anyway.
  6. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I personally like the new loot system so far, I finally got a dps waist, however I think that you should only recive gear that you can attune or equip. As a mental dps I should not be getting healer and tank gear.
  7. IThe PatchI New Player

Am I allowed to say told u all so? :)
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Nope, because a developer has said that it's a bug in the system if players are only getting FE5's. :)
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

So what you're saying is that every raid, alert and duo you've ever ran, you always saw gear you can use? The point is to not correct the loot tables, but to ensure that anything which would have normally dropped goes directly to you instead of being rolled on. Again it's a very, very simple concept yet some players just can't seem to grasp it.
  10. Sylo Committed Player

Would you rather have the devs make it to where you only get loot after a boss goes down if it is useable by you? Meaning that when the boss goes down if the game doesn't pull loot useable by you from the loot system then you don't get loot for that boss.
  11. Jamie New Player

It seems to me that a good option to have would be the ability to trade while still on the mission. With a PUG group, you risk ninja looting with the old system and it is doubtful that a PUG will be willing to trade unless you have something they want. But this proposed change would allow league mates the option to give up some loot to help another player out.
    • Like x 1
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I dont get it...

With the old system, you had a chance to get absolutely nothing and in the new system you get everything and have a chance that all of it applies to your role

No more rolling on expert plans with 7 other people, or risking getting ninjad on a DPS piece...I like it
  13. Clip New Player

The new system is simply not what deadmeat announced. End of story.
  14. MCAZR New Player

This would be a nice option. As a healer, I don't get much loot anyways (and I can now buy equivalent or better in most cases) but it would be great if we had the option to continue deciding together who got what. I also like rolling on things like plans.
    • Like x 1
  15. XODUIS Committed Player

One thing I've noticed is that.. a lot of PUGs love this while leagues and friends do not. Am i spot on or..
  16. EvilGirlNMLPS3 New Player

Completed nexus & wave last night.
    Guess what I got from this loot table?
    Nothing but controller gears , what the heck am suppose to do w/ it when I am a healer?
    Doesn't make any sense at all. Smh @ devs.
    Fix this dumbness devs.
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I can't believe people are crying about this so soon.... XODUIS you're talking about 1 Raid here.

People, please, give it a couple months before you start bashing it.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lanternius New Player

Wah wah wah....new loot system has been live for about 24 hours and I didn't get what I want...WAHHHHHH

Geez, you'd think it's St. Pats day or Cinco de Mayo with all the whine flowing...
    • Like x 1
  19. Nautical Reggie New Player

This new loot system is garbage. I've ran the t5 solos, t5 duos and the t5 alerts and all I received from them were dps and tank gear. I'm a troll. Wtf? And my teammate received all the troll gear. I hope the devs give us the option to change the loot system back to how it used to be. I didn't have any problems with it whatsoever. -_- lol its just garbage to me.
  20. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Ha Ha Ha Ha. I knew this was gonna happen.Great for the single pug player going into a raid with a league. Horrible for the organized league. Can go either way for the average pug run. If ninja looting was your biggest concern, not drops, gear, plans, ect then you'll be happy. Take a mental note though, if you cry and complain you better be ready for the consequences. To all those " do the math people" all I can say is Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha. I told you so.
    • Like x 1