The New Loot Opinion Page

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Aug 30, 2013.

1. TrueOlympus New Player

Because I feel the reason behind your arguement is illogical and misguided. Without bases. Morally incorrect. Extremely biased. Short-sighted prespectived. That is why I am arguing with you.
  2. XODUIS Committed Player

Can you provide evidence and true logic behind your argument at all? Your the one with short sighted perspective "Its better than nothing" IT IS/ PRETTY DAMN CLOSE TO NOTHING. if i wanted gear to salvage i'll just run a solo. I dont know about you but i run Wave/Nexus to PROGRESS.not get useless gear.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ok, so lets look at it this way then. Pretend the majority of players who actually see the new loot system as the amazing improvement that it is tell you "NO WE AREN'T RUNNING THE OLD LOOT SYSTEM, THAT SUCKS *** AND ISNT FAIR. LEAVE THE GROUP IMMEDIATELY" is that FAIR TO YOU?

Again, putting words in my mouth. I DON'T WANT TO COMPETE WITH YOU OVER LOOT. I want you to be lucky on your own and not be rewarded because your imaginary dice rolled a higher number than mine. How pissed off would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot and everybody else was winning the stuff you needed? because the way I see it, you're against the new system using scenarios where the outcome would be 1) Appropriate gear always dropping for you and 2) You always winning it if you needed it.

I would rather face the poor loot tables alone, so I can decide for myself what gear is mine rather than some unfair rolling system. It's almost like winning the lottery and then being forced to put your ticket in a bowl with other tickets for people to take their chance on winning something you need.
  4. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I like new system... Stop crying!!
    • Like x 2
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Answer this then: What happens when the new system automatically puts high level troll gear into your inventory and an expert plan that you need not to mention an Expert Recovery Kit. Is the system bad then?

Also, here's some logic for you. It's already very hard to get into a good group for Nexus and Paradox. When you finally find a good group, who will accept your CR and SP rating, to run with, they want to run with the loot system you don't want to use. All of a sudden you're faced with the option of running with your hated loot system or leaving the group to start your search again.
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm not sure if you understand this but you do know that PROGRESS in NEXUS is not guaranteed regardless of the loot system right?
  7. XODUIS Committed Player

1st grief: Yes it is, ill gladly leave because i realize that group isnt for me and ill join/make a new one.
    2nd grief: You dont like competing for gear, understandable. So make group where you have the new loot
    3rd grief: Ive had other people win stuff i wanted, but guess what i move on, run it again and try my chances.
    4th grief: It is like putting your lottery ticket in a bowl but then again, when you win that ticket after many tries doesn't it feel great and more rewarding rather than someone winning the prize and you get a consolation prize that you'll just throw in the trash (salvage)
  8. XODUIS Committed Player

You guys need to take a step back and stop thinking about yourself. If i was to win all that while my teammate/ leaguemate won a FEV, id give him the Exc Kit no problem. once again its called comprimise
  9. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm glad YOU are such a nice person. Now get out of your own **** and see that EVERYONE ELSE isn't. You are being exteremly narrow-sighted.
    • Like x 1
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

1) Fair enough

2) So basically what you're saying is that as well as having the right CR and SP, now players looking for groups need to find groups who want to run with the right loot system instead? That would really fragment the community more than it does now with people refusing to run content with less than CR97 players.

3 & 4) Nope. I disagree. I'm still waiting to see that Level 85 controller face again from my first run of Nexus. It makes me angry that it's holding my CR back which is making people judge my ability to perform as I've not been lucky with winning loot I've seen drop. I'd rather have got that face in the first run and not had to worry about it ever again and also not felt that my first run of Nexus was a complete waste of time due to the fact I left with absolutely nothing.
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Nah, just make it tradeable during the instance.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

As has been previously stated by a DEVELOPER, if the only item you receive from a final boss is an FE5, there is a bug in the system. This bug won't be addressed unless it's reported through the proper channels in game and on the bug forum. So make sure you're doing your part if that's happening to you.
  13. TrueOlympus New Player

3. THEN WHY DOES THIS THREAD EXIST.
    4. You literally said the same exact senario. But one is from the loser prespective and one is from the winner prespective...
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Some might even say selfish, of which we are being accused.
  15. XODUIS Committed Player

3&4: if people are judging you becuase you dont have an 85 Troll face, your CR might be 1 or two than what they wanted. Im a 98cr troll who still has 83 face and Neck. That sounds like a "You" problem and no one else. Keep in mind this is a MMO, not single player. THink about someone else.
  16. XODUIS Committed Player

From what im hearing, this is a lot of peoples first MMO as they're are still thinking about only themselves. Many MMOs use the old method.
  17. TrueOlympus New Player

So... wait.

You'd rather 3 people(at most) get something and everyone else get nothing,... then everyone get at most 3-2 items?

Your post is so painfully ironic and hypocritical that i just might put you ignore. Wow.
    • Like x 1
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

Marvel heros Online uses the method DCUO just transitioned into... and there are many others that simply have role based looy.What MMO's do you speak of?
  19. XODUIS Committed Player

"Its better than nothing" stop re wording your words and just say it. I'll say what ive been saying this whole time which defuses your argument once again. All your getting in the end is trash gear you'll just salvage. This serves what purpose exactly.
  20. TrueOlympus New Player

Um... You do know that there is a chance you WON't GET trsh gear right? It's like you are operating under the assumption that you will only get bad stuff
    • Like x 1