The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

Just to add to this, the Extra Life event usually takes place around/in November, and all the previous rewards have came back so its safe to say it'll return around then.
    • Like x 1
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

[IMG]

My Red Lantern Kryptonian character.

Blue composite material, Fallen God chest and leg piece. Supergirl boots and I think the belt is also Fallen God.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheOtherLeague Well-Known Player

Man, those are really good. Great job, CB!
    • Like x 1
  4. mamadomomo Active Player

Some Thor Creations:

Classic Thor:

[IMG]

Unworthy Thor:

[IMG]

Ultimate Thor:

[IMG]

MCU Thor:

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I was able to save up on some broker money and have enough to buy cool materials but don't know which to get. Also, would be nice if magic hands accessory was still in the broker. I'm trying to make a magic theme based toon primarily a villain. Anyone has cool female toon sorcerers styles they could share? Currently I'm leaning towards Circe style but I also like Son of Belial back piece as well as Enchantress.

Hmm not sure on the power, either sorcerer or celestial.
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I will experiment today with trying to create a magic themed outfit and attach random materials. Do you want me to mail them to you on here in the inbox if I make something that looks cool?
    I am male so it will probably be different than the direction you want to go but if that will help.
    also, I know you’ve told me before but I don’t remember. Are you US because I have a boatload of materials rotting in one of my alternate’s banks.
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I don’t immediately say “Glorious Chroma” or “Source Chroma” or “Tenth Metal” because I don’t trust my program when it comes to designing magic themed outfits and I wouldn’t want to lead you astray.
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yeah I'm US, would be better to post it here so everyone else can see your styles. :)
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

But I’ve never designed magic styles. If I fail my program would be humiliated and y’all’s respect for me making amazing outfits would wither away. :)
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

But. I’ve been complaining about not having a reason to experiment with costumes. So if I make a satisfactory one I promise to post it here.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Awww hehe it's not going to wither away. I googled DCUO magic styles and saw a Scarlet Witch look. But yes, I like Circe looks and anything Greek mythology.
  12. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  13. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I used the war metal for the cloth Circe sometimes wears and I threw on the son of helical cape. Even though I’m sure there are better options for what I’ve got as the chest, feet, hands and aura. For good measure I did use Emerald Empress’ popped collar and paired it with non-loin cloth legs.
    I will check one of the trench coats I have to see if something works.
    Got a couple shots of 2 potential styles. Gonna check the trench coat style.

Remember though. When I get around to posting, I’m not Art Rosenbaum. :)
  14. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

aaaaand done. But gonna do dailies before I post the images. For real, mark this moment as me finishing because I’m moving on to missions.
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok. Here we go.
    Round one.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

And Round 2.
    Remember, I was trying to make a combination with the Son of Belial cape and a loin cloth for that version of Circe.
    So remember that and what I said about Art earlier.
    ...ok. No more stalling. Against my better judgement, here is an armored chest and a cape.
    However there are 2 things synonymous with popped collars, top or cape, jerks and magic-practioners. So add a popped collar or a popped cape to pretty much anything and it'll scream magic.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I like the second and third picture. What are the styles and materials used?? Also, I don't think that magic hand accessory is available in the broker anymore. Though I wonder how those styles would look on a female toon.
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Material:
    - The second is Anti-Matter Neon Chroma (anniversary event hasn’t closed just yet if you need to jump in tomorrow and buy it). The third is Red Vinyl Neon Chroma.

Hand Aura:
    - The magic hands are actually an Aura. The Runic Hand Aura. So you could combine the runic hand aura with the Mercian flame since one is an aura and the other an accessory.
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Runic_Hand_Aura_Box

Style:
    - Back: Lord of Chaos (OP gear item so not sure if a new alternate has access to the style)
    - Chest: Thrall of Ekron
    - Hands: Battle Hawk
    - Waist: Wizard
    - Legs: Speedster
    - Feet: Drowned Pirate
    - Hair: Con Job (though for a female toon I’d probably start with some sort of braid and work my way from there)
    - Aura: Gold Runic Hamd
    - Acessory: Futuristic Drone (because I was too lazy to remove it and just zoomed in instead)

I will admit I thought about wether it would translate well to a female toon, unfortunately my main is the only one with materials and styles unlocked. I seek to provide inspiration so if this doesn’t work out then say so.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

if either material is not available in broker then contact me and I will see if my bank space alternate, UnderCoverVillainMan, has them.
  20. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

With a female toon you might try heels. The only reason I tried such tall boots is to hide the mid-calf pattern on Speedster legs. Like whatever those boots with heels are that came out in Wonderverse as a style. The ones beneath the new shields in the vendor. Don’t remember the name of them.
    Also, in my opinion as long as the legs are form fitting play around with combinations. We don’t want a sleek top and baggin saggin pants, but feel free to scroll through slimlines and flexsuits and armor to find the legs that translate well to a female toon.