The ignorance of ninja looting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Brit, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yui Loyal Player

Ninja looting doesn't exist. It's made up by people who disagrees with the current loot system of the game. I personally believe that people who calls out someone in the chat box in the game a "ninja looter" are a bunch of immature people who can't stand losing a piece of gear that they're probably gonna replace in a few days or so.
    • Like x 1
  2. blklightning New Player

Of course nina looting exists. It exists everytime a group agrees on rules of how to treat loot and someone goes against them.

Of course, it's just a game, people can do whatever they want. The group leader can also alter the loot rules to keep anyone from being ninja at all. Even though we can do what we want... we're part of a community. I don't want to be known as rude, mean, or ninja... only as helpful, decent at my role, and fun to play with.
  3. Yui Loyal Player

If ninja looting exists in the game, the devs would have mentioned it in the rules or something.
  4. Durath Sa New Player

Yui, you're right. Never mind "community rules," if you (general "you" not Yui "you") make a deal with a group for how to share loot in an instance and you do something different, you're not a "ninja looter"--- you're just a terrible human being whose word is worth NOTHING. And hey, why would that matter to anyone ever? :)
    • Like x 1
  5. blklightning New Player

Did you not READ what I wrote? It's not a rule of the game. There's no punishment from SOE for doing it. It's respect for the players you're running with and expecting (hoping) for the same respect in return.
  6. blklightning New Player

I think that if someone says one thing and then does another... that makes them a dick. I don't want to know them in real life and I don't want to know them in an anonymous world either.
  7. Durath Sa New Player

Yeah. That's what I said... was I laying on the sarcasm too thick? Being the kind of jerk who breaks their word is a BAD thing. I'm not sure why there's even any debate on that.
  8. IslandFreak New Player

This concept is very hard to grasp when dealing with any type of online community where internet anonymity is an easy shield to hide behind.
  9. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

If you win a roll you should be locked from the next roll, there should also be a weighted system that takes into account if you've passed on everything and just roll need on one thing. The loot system is the 2nd biggest reason I hardly ever do PvE
  10. SoylentBob New Player

The internet isn't that anonymous

[IMG]
    and the ninjas don't always win
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

SoE/Devs loot rules - If you can equip it... You can need it.

"Community" loot rules. Need on your roll... greed the rest. Because if you need on your off role and win you shall carry the scarlet letters of NL for the rest of your gaming days. Oh heavens no.

However... Both scenarios can still block other players who may actually need on gear for stats/style by rolling need on it themselves and hope they win the roll. Because you know who dooshy players can be when they're going for salvage feats and needing on loot in higher CR raids/alerts etc. Their salvage feats are far more important than someone actually needing a better piece of non tier gear.

- Run with your league. (your is not directed at anyone, its just a general term) No hassles, no fuss, no muss.
    - Run with premades like minded towards "community rules". no hassles, no fuss no muss.
    No right to complain if pugging/queuing in to something and expecting everyone in their to cater to the needs of the person who abides by community loot law and looks down upon those who play by the rules laid before them by that actual game itself.

Reward boxes - unattuned gear and weapons in them.

cry about ninja looters - rejoice on reward boxes with the possible chance of unattuned gear/weapons.
    cry when you dont get any of those to attune everytime. cry you get crummy consumables over and over again. cry when you happen to get the same piece over and over again. cry because of any replay badges used and not getting what you want when you want it.

All the crying people do over anything in this game reminds me of the Godley and Creme cry video. I can see all those faces of all the dcuocriers club.

12. SoylentBob New Player

There are folks out there that will call you ninja for Greeding. They actually tell you to Pass if you want it. Greed is for some kind of 2nd Dibs.
    They can't come up with a good explanation of what to do if you DON'T want it and truly want to pass. They'll get mad if you don't roll and let the loot timeout.
  13. ArcSin1 New Player

You have to remember were dealing with functionally illiterate people with the majority of the population on the PS3, were lucky if they can string together 2-3 words without dropping the "N" bomb. Coherent thoughts & ideas are not within their grasp.
  14. Yui Loyal Player

Sorry. What I really meant to say was I know the loot rules are made up by the community. I know it was made up so people will stop fighting over the loot. However, the term "ninja looting" doesn't exist in the devs eyes and players can choose to follow whichever rule they want so you can't really blame them for "ninja looting". I'm not saying I'm a "ninja looter". I follow the community loot rules most of the time. I pass on most of the stuff that drops in raids and alerts if people in the group needs them for stats even though I need them for style.
  15. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

LOL true, so true. Ive been apart of a few things like that with the HoF 131 weapons.
  16. SoylentBob New Player

It's not too crazy... they just lack a 4th looting option.
    Say a Tank piece drops. There's usually only one Tank in Raids, so he's likely to have it.
    However, their rules state only the Tank can Need. The 2 Fire DPSs aren't allowed to Need, even though the Tank says he doesn't want it.
    Therefore, only the Tank-power DPSs are allowed to Greed.
    The Sorc DPS isn't allowed to Greed for cash or salvage, because he can't use it like a Fire DPS might. The Controller isn't allowed to Greed. The Healer isn't allowed to Greed.
  17. kilkulan New Player

Bottom line is, I stated that the ma tank weapon was the only weapon I need. Does that mean it is my weapon? No, if he would have said he wanted it for style would i have stayed? No, I would have left. Yes maybe "ninja looting" doesnt exist but the fact of the matter is that i lost out on a significant upgrade so someone could have an extra weapon style. He got 3 weapons purely for style and to me thats pure greed to not pass on one of the three to allow someone to get a gear upgrade.

Push comes to shove he knew I needed it as an upgrade but didnt say anything to let me know he would be rolling need. He wasting my weekly fos3 drops and im now stuck waiting another week for the chance at one. That to me indicates a selfish, greedy, and dishonest player. Not the kind of people i like to play with and i am sure many others within the community share the same feelings.

These are my opinions and I am entitled to them, for anyone to tell me I do not have the right to state them is downright a joke.
  18. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Ninja, ninja, ninja. I don't wanna be called "Yo ma ninja!"

All squares all drops.
    That is my motto.
  19. MCAZR New Player

I will agree that it's wrong for someone to go against an agreement but I would like to know how you guys/girls are coming to these agreements because every time I try to establish loot rules in a pug group I'm met with silence which I take is no agreement.

I do run with a regular group and we allocate loot on a case by case basis. Sometimes we roll but most times we decide who gets what. And sometimes someone gets something purely on the fact that they haven't gotten anything in quite some time and just want to get something just for the sake of it regardless of other people's needs be it stat increase or whatever.

As for pug loot rules without explicit agreements confirmed by all parties, I'm fine with needing when you want it even if you're going to delete it. If the square button is active then it's your right to press it. When I pug and someone beats me on a role for something I really want, I'm happy for them and express it to the other person because I know how happy I would be. Think of it this way. If you stick around long enough, you'll eventually win the roll and be all that much happier. If not, then there'll be other games.
  20. Statman New Player

I'm at the point of not caring what goes on with loot roles - coz someone is always going to get ninja'd no matter what happens anyway.

Calling out 'ninja looters' is just giving people an excuse for caring about petty things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.