The hybrid problem

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thorant, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Used your ideas? You weren't the first person to know these things.....

In case you aren't aware:

every power has a weapon buff.

Every power can use weapons

Every power can use both weapons and powers simultaneously

All powers (after the revamp) are now might (yellow numbers).
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

That was Pre Stats Revamp. The OP was asking current as of today.
    • Like x 1
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

then they have contradicted themselves, i hate to call anyone a hyprocrite but i believe for some of them it's already too heavily implied by their words/actions. have a nice day, i see no reason to continue the thread seeing as the OP already has their answer for which the thread was created, nice talking to you though.
    • Like x 1
  4. Yaiba Committed Player

Hybrid works really well with battle role, especially troll, you use weapon to regain power as well as powers to damage/debuff enemies. The downside is sp requirements, you need alot sp to make it work as a hybrid specced.

About pure precision build, I pick power based on few things:

1. SC generator, for example, Light Weight Strike (Light) sometimes misses targets,...

2. SC powers (50-100%), for example, Call of the Deep (100% SC, Water) hits hard and has 100% critical chance,...
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This thread is very confusing. Sorry OP, this has to be frustrating.

My suggestion, follow the advice from those that understand what does might damage, all powers or yellow numbers, and what does precision damage, all weapon or white damage.

I'm pretty sure all powers can be played as precision now. I'd either go with gadgets or water. Water has good powers that compliment the playstyle. Gadgets has beastly burst damage.
    • Like x 2
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

You sir, are a funny idiot at times. I mentioned those powers by explaining what is good about them. Your explainations about how those two powers work with precision were wronger than wrong. This is a fact.
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Buuuuullll s*ht.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

No. Are you a dyslexic? If so, we need to know. I clearly explained to you, that since the revamp last year there is no such thing as a precision-based powerset anymore. There is not a single power in this game anymore, that does white (precision based) damage. All abilities do yellow (might based) damage.
    So if you are, please let us know and we let you off the hook since that way it isn't clearly your fault anymore....
  9. AberrantAngel Committed Player

As others have said and this is the most important thing on here. Powers yellow number damage, and weapons prec dmg. Every power has a weapon buff. If you are looking to go back to the original playstyle of the game where you do a weapon then a power, then a weapon, and so on. I have found super powered the best to work for me. The other two, hybrid and prec do not generate enough power back to use powers if the is not a good troll in the group. If you plan on using your weapon as a main source of dmg go prec and get the stats leveled up as others have stated.
    Yes any power will work with weapons even rage. I would suggest that the weapon buff in your loadout and stay away from the combo powers of rage but use the dot or burst damage and maybe robot sidekick.
    Test with the power you are just to make sure you like the playstyle. You may not be the top dps all the time. But remember it is a game you are supposed to enjoy it.
  10. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

That recoil dude is special in a bad way.

I don't want to say what everyone else has been saying all this time but basically if you wanna play might based go any power and make a good loadout. I've been every power almost since revamp came and I've out dps'ed the "top" players with all those powers.

If you want to play with weapons even easier. Do as schimaera said, you just need weapon buff and pet possibly Another ability depending what power you are and a supercharge, possibly neo venom boost. Any power is good as prec. Also one thing schimaera is wrong about is that rage is a great prec power since theres a trick you can do with its supercharge but overall any power can be used with a prec build.

Last just skip on hybrid. Hybrid is **** as of now and shouldnt be used as a dps but stay around and look for new info because me and a lot of other top tier players do believe hybrid will become a good alternative in the future.

Also as prec whatever people tell you the only weapons you should be using are dual wield and bow since theres exploits you can use as dual wield + dual wields combo is so fast and deals a lot of damage. Bow is fast and deals high aoe damage aswell.(Ofc im talking about their weapon mastery combos)

Martial arts could be used to but thats a melee single target weapon combo which you would use and in most elite content you cant use that so its better to just use dual wield at single target.

If any players feel the need to say im wrong send me a message in private here on forums, PSN(Danne0075) or in game EU Server, name: Danne

Ill gladly explain why and how you are wrong :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sry I was referring to Rage hybrid where I don't see it working. As for pure prec, sure it's possible with every Power, some just work better than others. For the SC thingy, iIrc Berserk works with Precision damage as well, which makes it a heck of a strong SC. Or is there another capable SC I missed?
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

however i WAS the one you all decided to jump for them. by the way HERE is the terms of service if you care to read them. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...eminder-forum-guidelines.292927/#post-4065161.
  13. Isif Committed Player

I'm sure that folks reacted swiftly to the initial responses to the OP's question because they had to dispel some of the inaccuracies that were being given as answers to the initial questions. Sometimes the true answers have to weed through a lot of the disinformation to be understood. No disrespect.
    • Like x 4
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  15. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

OP, precision in this game doesn't necessarily mean "accuracy" like recoil said... which was kinda funny.

just my 2 cents.

Anyway, though, certain powers do miss e.g. Gauss Grenade, its because they're slow projectiles. They do tend to miss on moving targets, but its mechanics, not because of precision.
    • Like x 2
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Precision is weapons damage only. ( white numbers )
    Might is power damage only. ( yellow numbers )
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Well? ehh. that went well..

Hybrid– focus in mixing weapon and superpower attacks for DPS, and contributes extra stats for Support Roles. It's how the game was originally designed to shut the hippies up and is considered the “classic” playstyle. always to have your weap buff up ALL the time.
    use hybrid DW to Bow Flurry and Explosive shot, DW to Flurry is currently one of, if not, the best single target ranged weapon mastery. weapon buff powers (Battle Display for Gadgets, and all the others) are clipping powers.
    You'd want to put a PI DoT initiating power then clipped with your weapon buffing power, then WM. That's pretty much how I tackle hybriding.

If you want to use Weapons Expert – focus a weapons-heavy play style, primarily dealing damage with weapons and supplementing damage and survivability with superpowers.

And if you want to jus go Superpowered – Is more, more a superpowers-heavy play style, primarily dealing damage with superpowers and using weapons for counters or during periods of low power.
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

certain powers have abilities which benefit from precision damage, mainly combos. unless they've changed them in the revamp: wolf form nature) benefits from precision, hard light's combos benefit from precision, rage has mostly might based initial abilities but much like light it's later combos rely partially on precision, as MANY players have already said i was not wrong in saying water benefits from precision also. don't jump on the band wagon. as for thinking "aqualance and munitions were precision based" that's a rather logical conclusion (as no one says "look how strong i am i can accurately shoot these targets from a mile away." no they say "look at my skills with this bow, spear, gun,-insert weapon here." and would take a small correction not the full on verbal dog pile that has happened in this thread, especially when half the stuff i've seen in retaliation has been partially wrong itself.
  19. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

#1 NO POWERS USE PRECISION NOT EVEN WOLF FORM OR GORILLA. WEAPON DAMAGE IS PRECISION WHEN YOU FORM CHANGE YOU STILL HAVE A WEAPON. HARD LIGHT COMBOS, CELESTIAL COMBOS AND RAGE COMBOS HASNT DEALT ANY TYPE OF WHITE DAMAGE(PREC BASED) FOR A YEAR SINCE REVAMP CAME OUT.

#2 I'm sure everyone here didn't actually want to jump on you but when people see stupidity they feel the need to reply and explain to enlighten not only you but other stupid people that might actually believe what you say.

#3 You clearly don't know what has changed and what hasn't. This is not fully your fault because you're not forced to make research but if you're going to give people advice maybe learn a thing or two before you spread misinformation. You misinforming people maybe don't affect you but it affects other player's a lot. Why should some random group have to struggle in raids because some of their players saw your advice and followed it and because of it 7 other players in a raid group had to suffer.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

Pre revamp you would be correct that combo powers used to be Precision based.
    However after revamp ALL powers are now 100% might based.

Only weapons deal precision damage (white numbers) anymore. So while some may have stated Water benefits
    from prec damage either:
    A)They are misinformed too
    B) Meant using a weapon attack to augment your rotation

I'm staying out the "dog piling" as its not helping you, or anyone who may also have this question. Just correcting misinformation.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.