The find and defeat "300-400" Missions...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Eve YouTuber

Hey, something I'd like to bring to the table is that mission. It is indeed awesome that we get
    more marks thanks to that mission, but compare to other missions, this one is just not fun.
    It's time consuming and we could have much far interesting and fun mission instead. Still weekly,
    but a different thing to do. Just wandering around killing stuff, at some point It's just becoming boring.
    I really enjoy solo missions but this one I only run (But rarely) to finish gear for feats and CR.
    The mission's only plus is that it gives more marks. It's already a weekly thing, so why not make it fun
    to run? Interesting? I don't even feel satisfied when I finish that mission, It's just killing a lot of adds,
    Either monsters or soldiers etc, and after a long time getting my reward. I'd rather have a fun mission
    and feel satisfied after finishing it. Like it was worth my time and I would love to run again next week.

So my ideas so far, and you can of course share yours as well:
    • Have a solo Instance instead. A walk in or a queue. You get the provision box\gear box
      at the end of the solo.
    • The mission can require (Depending on the story, and your faction) to help a certain hero\villain
      on a secret mission. Gather required stuff for the hero\villain, can be iconic related stuff, to help heroes
      to save the world or villains to destroy it. Once you find all items bring it back to the Iconic. Now the Iconic
      can ask you to make the thing all those stuff are required too. When you complete it you get your reward.
      It can be an Iconic item, such as Hawkman's helm, Riddler's wand, or Clark Kent's glasses.
    This is so far what I came with. I'm sure my ideas aren't the best but I believe it will be more fun to run rather than just kill 400 adds.
    Probably some of you can come with better ideas, but I believe you get my point.
    The point of this thread is maybe open an option for another mission, more fun and rewarding than this one.
    Also maybe reduce the required adds for AF3 and AoJ missions? Earth 3 is bearable compare to this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Its meant to be done over the time of that week by doing dailys and queued content that count in this mission.
    • Like x 7
  3. Eve YouTuber

I think some are finishing it as reset day arrives, it doesn't take a long time to finish it. I don't always run raids (My choice) and I love
    working on solos rather than group content sometimes. But thanks for commenting.
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I think Iconic hit the nail on the head.

The count missions can be completed a couple of different ways. One way, is to hook up with friends/league mates/strangers and knock it out quickly, same day as unlock if so desired.

Another method, is to play your daily grind missions, and complete it at a slower, more methodical pace during the course of the week.

The last method is to do it solo, all in a single day, which in turn, yes is rather boring, dull, unexciting and repetitive, and in my opinion offers the least rewarding experience.

The best part is, you can determine which method you choose to complete the mission, or simply not play it at all.

With that being said, I am all for variety, it is the spice of life after all, so some alternate missions would be welcome. We have had several of these kill so many missions now, a break from them in the next DLC would be welcome, IMO.
    • Like x 4
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I disagree. It’s a great way for people to get out, into the worlds for a while and a great way for players that don’t even know each other to form groups and work together.
    • Like x 5
  6. Eve YouTuber

I Didn't think of it this way, maybe because again I usually love doing the missions solo, but thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

I agree with that mission being tedious, but to change a weekly open world-reward to a solo? No thanks, it's an MMO not a single player. I'd like them to scrap the 300+ kills-weeklies though and stick with the concept of open world-boss bounties. Making larger groups to take down boss bounties feel way more rewarding than killing heaps of worthless trash adds.
    • Like x 5
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I personally hate these missions and only run 303 weekly at this point, but to change it makes no sense. Imagine having to run something like the artifacts intro mission every week only longer and more challenging. I'd hate that even more and that sounds like what you are proposing. Also, as a long grind solo, many lower level toons would struggle getting it done weekly. Not to mention those who prefer to run only as troll/healer....why punish them? I know lots of people who did not even run the sewer/warehouse inside mission in Typhon because they could not do it at the minimum required CR or it just took too long having to pick off 1 or 2 monsters at a time, then wait for cooldowns or their health to return....now multiply that by however long your weekly solo would be....ick.

As the others have stated, find a decent size group and it's done in 30 min or so (assuming the group knows to stay near each other) or just mow down the 30-50 people you would get daily over 6-7 days and mop the few up you still need at the end of the week. Granted, it's a bit harder to find groups for 410 than it is for 303/333 now, but they are there, keep an eye out on LFG or shout as you do some other grindy stuff you can drop out of and join a group when it's forming is the easiest way. I've been collection farming in Metro and see someone building a 410 group (when I did run it), I send a tell to inv and teleport to base, then Typhon...those Metro collections will be there later as well. I do know several people who refuse to join a group and prefer to solo, but also want it knocked out right after reset. I generally call them insane and move along. Knocking it out solo in one sitting is the worst way to do things and if you choose to do it that way you have no right to complain. I think the devs made these group-able because they knew that was the best way to get it done. And hey, worst case you might meet a few good new players to hang with.

I would ask that they expand the coverage area to allow for users to be more spread out. Most people who join are doing it while they do their dailies in E3 and the coverage area is pretty small down there. 410 was nice as the entire Typhon area of Gotham counted towards the group...you didn't have to worry about bunching up or being too spread out like you do on the later 'count' missions.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  9. Hytch Well-Known Player

I personally like these missions. They are only tedious if you allow them to be.
    • Like x 2
  10. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Couldn't get an invite last night for 333 so sometimes it is tedious trying to complete before a reset but 111 a day and it's done in three days. 111 wasn't too bad to solo.
    • Like x 3
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

At least you get a feat out of it...

Oh, my bad I was thinking of the reaper feat.

Nevermind...yeah why do we have to keep killing the same thing over and over again?

Wait there is no other way to complete missions, forget that too.

Aw forget it, can we just complain about the reaper feat instead that way I don't go off topic?
    • Like x 1
  12. Hytch Well-Known Player

Yeah, sometimes I can't either for whatever reason. What I do instead is I will try to knock out around 111 of the 333 a day by myself. You will get much of that 111 just running your dailies. The leftovers after my dailies I just focus on groups of three of more and it is knocked out in no time. The next day I will do the next 111 and the day after the final 111.
    Usually I can get a group though so I only have to do this method for a day or so.
    • Like x 2
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

As iconic pointed out there is absolutely nothing that requires anyone to complete the Defeat XXX missions in one time period. They are all "weekly" missions in zones that all feature "daily" missions. It is entirely possible for any player to grab that mission of a Thursday after the weekly reset and simply do the daily missions every single day.. complete the weekly, get you bonus currency and armor AND actually never even join a team. Now in some cases.. actually probably most cases, you MAY have to defeat a few more mobs a day than what the daily missions require but that isn't really a problem either... Those missions are all scattered across a zone filled with mobs.. Fight your way to and from the location of each mission and chances are you will complete the weekly in way less that 7 days anyway.

Then of course there is the method most of us chose to use.. Join a team and just defeat all in one day and in a relatively short amount of time. This does have some small drawbacks.... most of the zones are big enough that IF the team spreads out too much some members won't get credit for some defeats other team members make. But as long as the team stay close enough together that 300-400 minion total vanishes in no time and in almost all cases... at the same time the player has completed all of the daily missions.

I run 7 alts through the E3 daily/weekly content every single week. I join teams and knock off 303 minions, defeat a bounty, rescue 32/18 citizens and all 3 dailies and walk away with 28 ultra buck (don't forget the one we get by simply clicking the terminal) along with 4 pieces of unatunned armor every week. I most cases the whole thing requires only about 30-40 minutes of time per alt if it even takes THAT long.

Now you want to replace that with a single solo mission we'd do once a week? First of all there is no solo anywhere in this game that awards anywhere near the amount of currency we get from those weekly missions.. A solo normally pays out 1 mark. Or in the more recent DLCS make that 1 mark and one of what ever currency that dlc pays out. IF we were allowed to do the thing once a DAY we'd only wind up with 7 .. which would still be one short of what the weeklies are giving us.

Nothing wrong with the current system and I see no reason to change it.
    • Like x 3
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I enjoy these missions. They're a good way to pass time while waiting for queues to pop, or league mates to log in. Most of them get done just by completing the other dailies.

I also enjoyed the reapers. Got the feat ages ago, but still go to CC to kill more - them and the gorillas in Metro are a fun way to build up my SC before starting on the real work. :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Eve YouTuber

Of course it was just an idea and my feedback alone, but I totally understand your point of view as well.
    I love how everyone has different opinions which is totally fine. I enjoy reading your posts a lot, you make
    good points. Thank you for commenting
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I used to hate the "kill X amount of these" missions, but lately they've been great way to let off some steam and to test different builds.

Only thing is, it seems like the nth metal drops are better in actual content though then they are from open world adds, perhaps that's just my "perception" but I don't get as much metal in the 303 mission as I do in actual content
    • Like x 1
  17. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

It is 303 for some reason I had 333 in my brain. LOL
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I think the RwC dlc had a "333" mission, they seem to get smaller each dlc, AF3 had a 411 I believe
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay so you like to solo... that's fine but yeah IF you try to solo say 411 minions in ONE day you will be in that zone a while. But as pointed out you have options. No idea what your CR is so I will use mine as example:

I head into the E3 zone and grab the weekly defeat 303 mission along with my three daily missions. now 303 divided by 7 day a week = a need to defeat 43 + a day. Heck I can defeat 43 a day just by making circle or two around city hall shooting at corrupt Police while I am there anyway doing my mission from Batman.

Now the LONG way is to grab that mission and try to solo it. I have done that a couple times but it can tie you up for a while. How long depends on how fast you can defeat a mob and where you chose to battle.. Two best spots on Earth 3 are that area where the shipping containers are located or as I already mentioned around city hall. PERSONALLY I think city hall is faster. Several different missions have spawn points there so a lot more to shoot at in a slightly larger area.

One question for you... again this depends on what your CR is so which zone are you in? Typhons monster zone only has that one defeat 411 mission. BUT the war torn zones have bounties.. and those require a team. Both the daily Paradox Demon in Area 51 and the Super Villain one in the Village. Now if you NEED to join a team to do those anyway.. why are you soloing the rest of the stuff?
    the Amusement mile zone isn't as bad.. you can actually solo any and all content there but the bounties go down faster with 2, 3 or more attacking and the transporters/bagman weekly gets done faster when as many as 8 players are hunting them down. head to Earth three and you do NOT attack a Crime Syndicate bounty solo unless your a Cr 220+ HIGH SP tank LOL And finding and saving all those folks from Johnny Quick's bombs and cyclones goes a lot faster with more eyes finding and clicking.

Now since those bounty missions offer up 8 marks and 8 ultra bucks JUST like the defeat 300+ weekly why would you NOT be doing it as well while in that zone anyway. And if your on a team why NOT let them help you finish off the dialy stuff and the 303 as well? Nothing wrong with solo but as these things have evolved we get more to do and complete and some of it does require a team anyway.
    • Like x 1
  20. Hytch Well-Known Player

I was definitely feeling the lack of Nth metal drops while I was doing the Kill X missions yesterday. Like you said, it might have just been a perception thing so who knows.
    I am curious as to what makes Nth Metal and TCs drop. Are they timed drops or are they truly random?
    • Like x 1