The DPS Powers Ranked by me

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Red Skorpion, Aug 26, 2013.

1. SoulflyMike42 New Player

Hell yea Mental is awesome! Heavy DOT''s and great for multiple adds all on the same loadout.
  2. Cicatrix New Player

I think sorcery is a really good dps power but I think there aren't enough people that find a strong loadout. I hope it stay that way though, I love seeing sorcerys on top in raids.
  3. Indecisive Guy New Player

So is Earth really that bad? People say its bad but honestly I thought I was just really bad at it.
    • Like x 1
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

In nexus sorcery can do good, but in wave its hard to stack dots because death is gonna happen, if sorcery had a spammable and high damage range it could out dps and/or keep up with any role
  5. Maradakia Well-Known Player

I created a thread a little while back asking for a little love for Earth DPS... it got trolled straight to hell and back again, then laughed at, spat on, tickled beyond repair, and in all ways besmirched :p But it seems pretty consistent that any of the threads that rank the DPS types put Earth towards the bottom.

I think the intended goal was to make any Healer type a good Healer, any Troller a good Troller, any Tank a good Tank, and any DPS a good DPS, and that none should be a stinker, and none should be the top dog by any margin worth ditching one for the other over. The first rule of DCUO Club isn't... avoid choosing the loser power types, and if you did get one.. don't talk about it, hehe.

But when I try to put a flag up for the Devs to see that Earth is trailing notably behind - not to knock it, but because I like the power set - I just want Earth to be around as good as any other, and it seems to need some fixing for that to be the case... well, instead of people saying Yes! Please Devs, I also can attest to this issue and would like to see some love over here... instead you just get heaps of people saying "There's nothing wrong with the power. If you aren't doing well it's because you suck." and other nasty remarks of that ilk. I am baffled why people object to even considering improving a power. I can only speculate that in some warped self harming act of ego, they "defend" the power set because they must present themselves as "pro" and if this is their power type, it must be the best and perfect. :p

Here's hoping that our Devs can see for themselves when there are some power sets that are trailing behind, and that they care to fix them up so they are up to par with any other... and that they aren't derailed, misled, or in anywise fooled by the naysayers and forum trolls.
  6. Clutch_GT New Player

IMO it lacks when you're forced to range DPS. Melee is it's strength but in T5 raids...meh I don't DPS with my main in T5 unless it's the Ops.