The DPS Powers Ranked by me

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Red Skorpion, Aug 26, 2013.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If SOE would make the raids melee again the top 3 dps won't be the same. Ice Gadgets and HL would be king fire wouldn't be no where near the top if you think it's a lie check the forums after the ice and fire revamps. Fyi fire was still good but the same people celebrating now was upset about the revamp I switched to fire from gadgets and my numbers stayed the same
  2. 13igtyme Devoted Player

There's a reason melee needs to be dangerous.
  3. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Just having the powerset doesn't necessarily mean you have great dps. There are some powersets that have better potential than others but alot of it is limited by the power provided in the raid. If you take a raid with 3 controllers and 3 dps for example there is alot more power to go around to those dps. Then having a lot more power available changes the list a bit because certain powersets have more potential for quicker dps with power available instead of the slower damaging powersets. If you had all the power you needed I would personally rank the powersets as follows, and this is coming from one whos played them all at a high level and have played against others doing the same thing.
    1) Quantum
    2) Gadgets
    3) Light (unless you can consistently get within melee range then I would put Light as 1.5 - 2)
    4) Mental
    5) Nature
    6) Fire
    7) Electricity
    8) Ice
    9) Sorc
    10) Earth
    0) Cannot rank Celestial as it hasn't hit live yet, you can't base opinions off test server
  4. Prime_Ground New Player

Ice >Fire.
  5. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i see imma have to turn Phoneixxx on to DPS'ing flame on lol
  6. Black Stem Well-Known Player

I think fire can be better. Detonate almost equates to Resonating Gale though, it's not a 50% modifier it has a beyond faster animation. I guess we can say inferno and Wintry tempest are almost equal but fire has other DOT's such as overheat and spontaneous combustion, and a higher damaging cast time based off my experience.
  7. Pew New Player

How can people talk down sorc so much?
    Our leagues sorc dps virtually reigned supreme in almost all content until he respecced to electricity.
  8. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

electricity>all of the other powers. lol
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Dev trinket > all.
  10. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Chill being modest as usual
  11. Shifty Committed Player

HL is only top if you use the proper combos.Half the HL DPS font even know what they are doing.
    But all controller powers are at the top for DPS
    1. Gadgets
    2. Quantum
    3. Hardlight
    4. Mental
    5. Fire
    6. Nature
    7. Electric
    8. Ice
    9. Earth
    10. Sorcery
    And yet to be seen is Celestial.Give it a week and I'll figure out where celestial stands.
  12. Shifty Committed Player

13. Miahztwin Committed Player

Lol funny cause sorcery use to be one of the top dps
    but anyway I think youre list is pretty accurate although i would put ice and put quantum up a little higher. All the controller powers are reign supreme is fast burst clipping moves.
  14. Miahztwin Committed Player

Yea true. One of my friends fire dpsing always had an issue keeping lead though. He would do massive damage in the first room of nexus because of all the targets, but at single targets he would get caught up by an ice dps which more than half the raid bosses are solo bosses. So really i think it depends on what kind of raid it is.
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your really off point with quantum it is easly #3 or 4 on that list above fire.. I know you dont like it because of time bomb but personaly I dont know anyone who uses it we are almost all in the space tree. execpt for TB which is in time tree. I normaly top the charts with quantum as long as im not up agianst a really good HL or Mental player
    • Like x 1
  16. Shifty Committed Player

Talking about my list or the first list? Lol if it's my list,I can agree with you about Ice,should have put it before electric.But Quantum ahead of Gadgets? Idk man lol.Gadgets is pretty op. I'm not a gadgets user either before people begin tothink I'm bias :p Quantum is my main choice no matter what.
  17. Xenoblade New Player

i would put sorcery in 5 or 6 spot
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Sorcery is not bad it'd just we don't have any high powered and/or spammable range moves
  19. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

no power is bad in the right hands its just i think that the same person using sourcery can get more dmg with most other powers instead
  20. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i've been mental i've been quantum .... menace > Warped reality; Phantom flames>singularity; mass terror> gravity well but then again these may or may not be on your loadout and are purely opinions also so is this list so if u feel my order isn't correct its cool i said in the disclaimer 1-8 are basically interchangeable
    • Like x 1