The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Penryn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you clip EMP too aggressively with Stealth, there is a chance it may go into infinite cooldown. That can happen with Neural Neutralizer and some other powers too. Things seem to work ok if you use Stealth a second time to clear the cooldown, but that is a long time to wait.

I reported this bug several times during Revamp testing, but nothing ever happened.

That's interesting. What Tactical mods did you have equipped?
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Noted

Blast adapter, escalating might, breakout protection, core strength, max damage & tumbling master. None in the head & legs
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Do you happen to have your combat.log from that run? It would be interesting to review it and see what was generating all of the healing numbers.
  4. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

It has nothing to do with gadgets, you dropped a supply drop and the iconic npc's (blackhawk/wonderwoman) that walk through it get heals as well based off their damage and because their health pools are massive whatever damage they've taken gets healed through your supply drop. Its a bug for JFA and its hard to duplicate because the iconic needs to be under your supply but when you pull it off you get numbers like you did.
    • Like x 1
  5. CassUV Well-Known Player

My friends, why devs made Battle Drone a 60s cooldown Supercharger instead 30s like others "Group Shielding" Superchargers?.
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Battle Drone is one and only Controller powerset supercharge which has controller and DPS functions. I think that causes 60s cooldown. But that trade off is still illogical because if you want to use this supercharge, you use it either as controller or DPS. You can't use Battle Drone for group shielding in DPS role.

I think that topic requires brand new thread to discuss.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Battle Drone used to be 30 seconds, but was changed at some point following the launch of the Revamp.

It was probably an unintended change.
  8. The Game Well-Known Player

Honestly starting to think Max Damage isn't worth it anymore. 2% isn't a lot and it's not permanent. Improved Stealth might be the best hand mod for Gadgets.
    • Like x 1
  9. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Imo gadgets is the most balanced power on DCUO right now. Gadgets should be the baseline for balance. I'm going to turn a toon of mine into a prec based gadgets toon to see how that workout. Doing earth and electric the same, but that's for another thread
    • Like x 1
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Gadgets can do excellent weapons-based damage if you can get into melee range. As a word of warning, several of the fights in the new raids are not melee-friendly though.

Let us know if you need any help coming up with a weapons-based loadout.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Game Well-Known Player

I saw someone from Select Few using a weapon based loadout. It's dangerous tho lol but I might have the best loadout for Gadgets atm that's making me think that this power is prolly 3rd best right now. I can't beat a rage or electric player without getting some type of luck.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Some general updates from Earth 3:

1. The SP Stat Cap is being raised from 183 to 195.

2. The alert is going to include a Stealth mechanic. There are other ways of dealing with the mechanic, but Stealth will be formally supported.

3. Earth 3 uses a lot of Gadgets assets. You'll see enemy NPCs using Paralyzing Dart, Mines, Stasis Field, Asphyxiation Gas, and Battle Drone.

4. Some of the raid bosses are not very melee friendly.
    • Like x 3
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As a general reminder, Gadgets players can use Stealth to sneak by the SWAT Drones in the regular version of Injustice System. Mental players can use Invisibility.

That will be useful for completing the "Don't get detected by the drones" portion of the Drone feat.
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm thinking Owlman is the most Gadgets-oriented villain we're ever going to see in DCUO. He uses Taser Pull, a variation of Sticky Bomb, Implosion Mines, and some other powers. Too bad Gadgets players don't have access to that Reflect Shield.

On the subject of Earth 3, I've been using Neural Neutralizer a lot in Elite content lately. It is nice having a 12 second shield with a 12 second cooldown. Essentially, you can keep a shield up full time. Your overall DPS output decreases a little bit by slotting Neural Neutralizer and working it into a regular rotation. The upside is that you should survive most OHK attacks with Neural Neutralizer running. That or it will buy you enough time to react.
    • Like x 2
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Good point about NN. I've been using Distract in elite so far for its mobility. I can clip it into my rotation at any point and it breaks me out of CC as well which is quite handy too.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

I definitely second that. I've started to use a Shield as Atomic, Water (obv), Rage, Gadgets and Electricity in Elite content and it's very helpful. Usually you drop something you wouldn't use that much (like robot sidekick or SC) and it's barely noticable that you lose a bit of dps. I recommend every dps to shield up. I personally can say that even in Elite I rarely die, however the extra savety net is really worth it.
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I've been using NN too on tankless alerts and sketchy situations in raids., aside from having the shield it's a safety net on stealthing since any incoming damage cancels stealth.
  18. Exsolaris New Player

Any suggestions for dps loadouts? I've tried one i saw on youtube but it is just way too power hungry. Pftt, hybrid, weapons expert are all fine.
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

Try this loadout below, only replace Fear Gas with Thermite Mine and also replace Supressor Turret with Self-Destruction to avoid some damage loss with the mines.

20. Golden Tanager Level 30

Just wanted to chime in here and say I've tried a Weapons Expert Loadout on a dummy at first but then later in Turf war duos.

Just for a little background I'm a very casual player. I don't really mod except for home turf ones. 201cr 213sp

Anyway, I used staff to one handed cleave WM. C.Field., BD, GG, Fwd Flip (from acro), robo sidekick, NVB.

I found that on the dummy I had potentially the same damage as a Superpower focus LO I use which is Imp mine, SB, GG, EMO Robo SK, Stealth.

On actual turf war runs I wasn't behind in damage with others of same CR (I only mention CR cause it MAY mean similar stats . . . Right?)

So long story short it was fun and nice knowing that the damage potential is there and MAY be possible.

Also I'm all ears to other LO to try as well Weapons, Hybrid or Super. Thanks for your time