The Big Community Question, Gear Longevity!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's the argument. If you want 2 sets for SM or other reasons, you shouldn't be placed as a priority for progression standards. You should be able to finish 1 set of the top gear within a month of the next dlc but to push for 2 sets of gear is greedy and interferes with regular people's progression. If you want a 2nd set for SM, you should spend money to get it, not demand that the devs give it to you.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

Ofcourse they could its just some numbers changes lol , but will they considering what Avair said about new gear marks requirement compared to previous gear?

That is the 1 million question !
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

In the last year ive run every SM and the only $ i spend on this game anymore is for my sub. Idk how the statement SM is not for non money spending people is accurate. Its not ;) No1 needs to spend any extra $ to run SM. Ya dont even need to have a sub. SM is free content. Ya just have to have the cr so ya had to have a sub at some point. And in the past year or so a whole bunch of casual players have been running SM and getting to rounds 11 and up. Pug groups beating round 10 in the 1st few days.

Ive also never had to use replays to have a set of off role gear for SM. NEVER. Not 1 time. And ive been running SM since the 1st oan one. So to say people have to spend $ to get a 2nd set of gear for SM? Sorry i disagree and why i disagree is because the game has never required players to do that.
    • Like x 3
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh i know what he said. I was just pointing out they could change it based on feedback if they wanted to. That is all i meant.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

Exactly. I dont care for my alts. And my primary gear that will continue to be my strongest and has been since beta is my healer gear. DPS gear gets the scraps because solos and duos and alerts dont require the best dps gear.

I think the devs should focus on that person who plays 1 character, and who gears only 1 role and doesnt use replay badges. Anyone else who tries for 2 roles, alts, etc. They are the outlier and are pure money grab.
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

1. so let get this straight, you have 6 toons at 175cr and 250+ sp on each and you haven't spend $ on this game besides legendary?
    2. Notice you only put 1-10. 10-20 exist for a reason. And the people who do go above 10 for pets etc. have all put a significant amount of time and money into their toons within the last year.
    3. And when did SM start? I could've swore one of the Oan SM's came out during the DC episode which means that we were already on episodic schedule, not 3-6 months with highest gear being in the vendor.
    4. The game has never required people to even have a second set of gear xDDD No regular content forces people to have armories with a second set of gear. Not one.
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

What a bunch of total BS. Pushing for 2 sets of gear is greedy and interferes with regular peoples' progression? Really? Son, 2 sets of gear IS regular peoples' progression lol. Any system that doesn't allow us to fully gear FOR BOTH ROLES without replays and doesn't give us 2 or 3 weeks to enjoy being fully geared for both roles is a COMPLETE FAILURE. You should NEVER need to spend extra money ON TOP OF A SUB OR DLC for the 2nd set. Doing so is ******** and contra to the whole point of progression.
    • Like x 3
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Regular progression NOWADAYS that PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT FOR GETTING GEAR TOO EASY AND TOO FAST. No one had 2 sets of spirit stag within a month. No one had full traces or full norsemen within a month without replay badges. People either spend money or they didn't have 2 sets of the highest gear back then. Casual players that didn't spend money didn't stay at max CR year round til episodes kicked in. And progression is regarded for 1 toon for 1 role. Otherwise I can go through and say "oh, well having alts is a reg thing now so instead of 2 sets of vendor gear, I actually need 4 within the same time. Oh and I need drops on every single boss since, you know, no one runs other content nowadays, so I need to get all my salvages for my mods from this dlc alone, oh and can you lower the bytes on making mods because it's standard for everyone to have 4-6 sets of gear between pve and pvp max modded nowadays. thank you mepps"
  10. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

But most everyone had at least 2 sets of that T4 gear long before the next DLC came out that had upgraded gear. Heck, I finished all 4 of those T4 sets long before OC came out lol. Yes, they DID actually have 2 sets of gear back then long before the next relevant DLC. If it takes 2 months to gear up one role, the next DLC shouldn't come out for at least 5 months. Even back then people could still fully gear for BOTH roles without replays and have time to enjoy being fully geared for both roles before the next DLC. FACT. 2 sets of gear without replays with 2 to 3 weeks to enjoy it is a reasonable period for a DLC. EVERY BIG CONTENT RELEASE going back 5 years has allowed players to fully gear BOTH roles without using replays at least a few weeks before the next DLC release. FACT.
    • Like x 1
  11. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

And enough of the bs that people had to spend extra money back then. NO they did NOT lol. I spent 0 replays getting ALL 4 T4 sets done and got them done around the time Home Turf was released. That's right. I spent not a **** extra cent and got ALL 4 T4 sets done long before OC lol. Only replays I bought back then I used to finish T3 styles for feats lol. FACT. Sorry, but a certain Jack Ryder would say "You are WRONG."
  12. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

13. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And you're wrong because you're forgetting that back then it wasn't 3 months before the new max gear. L'd.
  14. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

How do you know I didn't finish 2 sets of Norsemen? You aren't me and you weren't there.

And no. Regular people GEAR FOR BOTH ROLES. Any and ALL systems that don't allow us to gear for both roles and have time to enjoy it COMPLETELY FAILS REGULAR PEOPLE lol. It doesn't leave regular people bored for 2 months. It gives regular people a chance to actually enjoy being fully geared in both roles. Fact is, and it IS a fact, we've ALWAYS had a chance to gear for BOTH roles without replays and enjoy it before the next upgrade came along. Any claim to the contrary is erroneous and ignorant.
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Because RNG wouldn't have allowed you to get 16 pieces of norsemen anytime soon. Even if you somehow ninja'd every single plan in both raids and it was a new plan u didn't already have, that's 8 weeks still which is 2 months. With 8 people in the group, yeh, you didn't finish 2 sets of that without replays in 2-3 months. Simple math.
  16. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Nope. You're wrong because we, the regular people, have ALWAYS had the ability to fully gear for both roles without replays before the next upgrade came along. Try again, son. If DLCs are to last 3 month, both roles should be geared up in no more than 2 months and a week without using replays. That is a reasonable progression. To not allow players to fully gear both roles before the next gear upgrade without using replays is asinine, stupid, ridiculous, and pointless. Regular people don't like it if they are forced to buy replays to gear up their 2nd role.
  17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I'm going to stop responding because at this point something must be wrong with your mental health if you think you defied what is mathematically possible in this game.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

In response to your misguided green text.

Replace SM with elite content if you like if that suits.

Some people need full sets of gear to complete elite too so having this gear with a month to spare helps here too.

Where does this attitude that SM is just for elite come from?its for everyone how good you are just determines how far you get.
    • Like x 1
  19. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Son, check your math. Hand of Fate dropped in August of 2012. The next gear upgrade, Origin Crisis, came in May the following year. That's a full 9 months for players to gear up the Norsemen gear. At 8 chances at gear PER MONTH, that's enough time to potentially fully gear 9 sets of gear lol. Getting 2 out of that is highly likely. Ain't math fun when you do it right lol. You are still wrong.
  20. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

If they don't make 2 sets of gear obtainable it's gonna completely f*** everything up for a lot of people. If there's a shortage of tanks in game now, just wait. With Alerts being as they are (3 dps 1 heal for most of the community), what do you think is gonna happen to the tank population if people gotta choose 1 role. In turn, me (any many like me whose Leagues are dead) cannot get any Raids done because I can't find a tank.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.