The Big Community Question, Gear Longevity!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

In all of the most recent threads one main issue keeps popping up which is the longevity of gear. Meaning how long should gear last before it is replaced.

When monthly episodes were present Gear Longevity was almost non existent simply because you were replacing gear each and every month.

However with the new episode fastly approaching. Let as a community talk about 2 simple things.

1. How long it should take you to obtain gear without replays for 1 role?

2. After that gear is obtained what is a reasonable amount of time before new set of gear is made available?

Now we arent going to talk about alts because that has already been solved via gear sharing which is coming next year. And we arent going to talk about gearing up both roles because progression is mainly focused on 1 character gearing up primarily for 1 role.

My answer to the questions are

1. It should take roughly under 1.5 months without using replay badges which would leave a month or almost 2 months( last month being survival mode) to enjoy gear.

2. After obtaining the gear many people say 1 month, some say 2, but for me its a little bit under 2 months, unless they had new content that required the top gear that didnt have gear progression tied to it and was mainly content to run for various prizes like base items, styles, auras, etc. Then I would say 2 months.

Answer the questions and let the devs know how long you think gear should last.
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

If they're going to keep the cycle the same three months then it should take 1 month per set of gear without replays This allows players to get gear for both roles within 2 months with the final month of each cycle being open for the likes of survival mode.
    • Like x 11
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

this would mean 336 coins(84 coins x4) for 1 set , comparing that with the amount we need atm 585 MoV, i just cant see this happen!
  4. Korlick Loyal Player

True, but we also got way more MoV´s than 84 per week.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

problem is: to buy gear, you have to get renown.
    to get renown, you have to beat elite content.
    elite content is with AF3 only two raids.
    raids are locked for a week.
    you can only run elite raid every second week.

problem is: how much renown do we get for a run
    and how much renown will be needed for the whole set?

solution could be like: no lootlock on renown.
    or no progress point resets after first was earned.
    or somehow dayly raids are usefull to progress
    without spamming replay badges of course...

i, for myself cant affort modding my alts,
    i dont mind focusing on my main, as long as:
    my alts can stay at endgame, securing the main
    in farming stuff for feats. therefore: grind is good

on the other hand, it is obvious that gear and style share
    is something that would help me a lot,
    please devs: work on this asap ^^

most important of all: with luck based replay badge abuse gone
    (i hope for the game to get rid of it) as the main income,
    i would like to see theyr focus on legendary memberships instead...
    no, this is not a poem ^^
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

100 renown per boss. vendor isn't up but you get cooperative at 1000 renown assuming that allows access like how the low level versions do. that leads to 600 renown if you finish both elite raids which means access within a month.
    • Like x 2
  7. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I"m pretty sure I can safely say there has never been a point in time where vendor was the highest gear and you could get a full set within a month without replays lol
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

But our gear set is currently only supposed to last a month as opposed to 3 and it's already been confirmed that gear prices are higher than currently.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

thank you for the information! that sounds good to me ^^
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Survival mode is not for casual, non-money spending people. It's supposed to be for elitists, who will be spending money especially for Elite gear, OP items, and in SM's case, resets, power change tokens and repair bots. Factoring in people who are going to be spending money is not a good idea for the rest of the community. I could've swore I got swarmed for trying to make SM a part of progression which is what you're doing somewhat by limiting how long it takes to take gear.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You could be the highest cr for the entire 3rd cycle of the month to month content. I use to run content everyday, get raid/alert pieces, and use scraps for weapon. I was highest cr 1st or second day without replays. I can guarantee we're not going to haveca full month highest cr without replays now. Multiple toons highest cr within 1st week. That's over now. Not going to blame the players who complained, because the devs really didn't do it for the community. They needed a way to change the system and is using "we listened to the community" as a smoke screen
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Perhaps what they could do is make support gear slightly cheaper in the vendors.

Although that would possibly unbalance how get the elite collections to get the elite pieces, but at least it's an idea :p
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

You mean right now with the monthly content? If yes, then...the devs always stated that each pieces of gear is supposed to last 3 months, until that piece drops again. I mean...for example, Chest drops in the first month of the cycle and is the best until the new cycle begins, 3 months later (if youre lucky enough to get it in the first month, of course).

Only thing i hope is that we can get 2 sets of vendor gear before the new DLC drops.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ichiro Loyal Player

Assuming a 3 month cycle between DLC

Gear should be obtainable in 4 weeks playing 5 days a week only running alerts and lower daily reset content. That should make both sets reasonably obtainable with the last month available for SM, OP item hunting, or feat hunting.
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think it should be 6 to 8 weeks playing 5 days per week without replay badges, but as soon as you unlock a full set of vendor gear, the pieces drop in price to like 1-5 coins each, to allow you to quickly gear up an alt role or respec for the next episode afterwards.

Maybe this could extend to alts, too, so that players can quickly level their alts, but not abuse the system by simultaneously unlocking all pieces of gear on multiple alts, which then gains access to all pieces on all characters at the same time, which I imagine will be the case on a gear unlocking system.

This approach might help encourage players who are considering a power switch, do so without having to gear up as DPS all the time (so they can use their new power's role in the newest content). May also encourage people to try a new role, as the cost of gearing up for that new role will be cheap.

There needs to be a significant grind, but not an excessive one and systems should be introduced to factor in off-roles and alts, instead of an overall reduction in the amount of effort needed to get the best stats.
    • Like x 5
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Not at all SM is not gated by elite gear. Elite gear is not a pre requisite it is simply beneficial.

My statement also does not tie SM to progression. Your confusing progressing to run something with progression within something.

Everyone has a right to try SM is not a playground for just the elite it is a playground for all players to test their skill.

Therefore it is not unreasonable to expect that we have the gear prior to an SM.

What shouldn't be in SM are rewards that give progression. But that's not what I'm saying.
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

SM is not part of progression. But generally people like to have both roles in top gear before the month SM launches.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I think what people need to remember is that this game should be designed around people that are not replaying.

Yes if you set prices low people are going to spam replays and max out day one. But we need to start forgetting about these people. They're going to do it and they're going to do it regardless.

All focus should go on how quickly or how long it needs to take for someone to progress without spending replays.

Unless of course the developers come out and just outright say we expect you to spend more money on top of your sub and replay... Because that's what they would be doing.
    • Like x 5
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Cant agree more. This is exactly how it should be imo. And i agree also that replays should not factor in here. The amount of time to obtain vendor gear should not have replays involved. Also being able to dual role is a big part of a lot of content. Sometimes being able to switch saves a raid or a SM until the PP round. I would think content design might have to change a little bit if dual role becomes an issue. None of us can say atm when we dont know the gear cost. Have to wait and see.

Um they could change how many coins people earn per week or change the cost of the gear. Its not hard to make changes to the system to make acquiring gear take a specific amount of time.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.