the Arena "No Damage Bug"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TK PUSHA, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

this is happening constantly in Lair battles and arenas in general for a long time now.

there is alot of speculation that the Terrorize power or Mental users (including Boo) in general are the culprit.

Pleases Fix Mental Bugs including Invisibility, Arena Damage Bug, or whatever the problem is. thanks.
    • Like x 26
  2. Msz Kitty New Player

Had this happen in 3 lair battles vs nature, electric, and fire. I'm sorcery.

I have given up on lair battles. My pvp gear isn't high enough and all I run into is near gods in there.
    • Like x 1
  3. zzzJackFrostzzz New Player

look ms boo will make it so you cant attack sometimes if you have high enoff dom, do you mean for the WHOLE match you cant do damage? is damage being done to you?
    • Like x 1
  4. Etho New Player

Uh, no. The OP is referring to a bug where players cannot damage each other (or in other cases where only one player can take damage), except through punishment mechanics. I've seen it happen quite a few times myself in duels and it has NOTHING to do with Ms. Boo. This doesn't just affect mental users either.
    • Like x 1
  5. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yeah, i sorta combined two topics here i guess, lol.

some people believe there is a tie in, but TBH i think the two issues are mutually exclusive.

That being said, both issues need looking into.

Whether its my Mental powers or just Arena bugs, i say at least 33% of the matches i enter end up with player(s) glitched out.
    • Like x 1
  6. zzzJackFrostzzz New Player

i know this man, the OP is saying its because of ms boo thats why i wrote what i wrote...... so um no
    • Like x 1
  7. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

Well, this has increased significantly since the update.
    i ran with a MEntal user today with Teerrorize in his loadout, and he glitched out in 75% of the matches we tried to play.

Are non mental users seeing a 75% BUG rate as well?

PLEASE HELP!!
    • Like x 1
  8. MentalBuddha Well-Known Player

please fix this.
    • Like x 1
  9. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

ABsolute nightmare since update.
    Tried again to lair battle tonight.

only was able to finish 1 out of 3.
    one was a disconnect; the other with a "no damage bug".
    • Like x 1
  10. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just happened to me three of the last four matches. Totally lame. Please fix asap.
    • Like x 2
  11. kgghk New Player

Think this part of a much bigger bug.
    Have you ever gotten close to enemies in open world before they fully render? They are invincible for a period of time so you have to untarget and walk away to try to fix it.
    Always happens at the last part of wayward.
    • Like x 1
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

You need to explain your theory a lot more than that. TIA.
    • Like x 1
  13. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

actually that has nothing to do with this thread unfortunately.

this is exclusively an arena bug of the worst kind.
    • Like x 1
  14. 478874 Dedicated Player

Thought so, just wanted to make sure.
    • Like x 1
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

I assume this is refering to what we on the PC side call the no damage bug? Symptoms include not being able to damage the affected player with white or yellow damage, can't give or receive heals, can't give or receive power, can't make them drop objects like the moon rock :mad:.

I've been trying to figure out ways to reproduce the bug so that it'd be easier for the devs to fix. I've only seen it happen in arenas or legends, never in duels or open world. For me, many times it has happened when a hard light opponent is doing multiple whip thrashes in a row. I haven't seen it with mental's terrorize yet but I think this suggests the bug is not limited to any one powerset, though controller classes may be involved.

One way I want to test this is to find a friend and try to sync up a lair battle against each other. Preferably one is HL with whip thrash and the other is mental with terrorize and just experiment with it. Narrowing down how to reproduce this will go a long way to getting it officially recognized.
    • Like x 1
  16. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yeah, well unfortunately it appears there are more than one version of this bug that actually has been around for a long time in one form or another.
    The first time it really took hold on Ps3 was with the Last Laugh HQ 8v8s.
    that was when the original "no damage bug" really became widespread.

However, i believe... though i can not confirm... that there is now more than a couple things going on.
    For one, even on the test server before Home Turf Launched there was a good amount of feedback about "no damage" type bugs with the Lair Battles.

--and then now there is a lot of evidence that is linking Mental's Terrorize to its own version of the bug, but really people started thinking Mental users in arenas were a partial cause of the bug at least all the way back when it started with Laast Laugh.

Now i'm just speculating here, but i wouldnt even be surprised if the recent glut of the bug related to TErrorize could be linked to the combination of its use with the new "Empowered channeling" tactical mod.

So....
    bottom line is we can speculate all we want, and people can spread true or untrue rumors about all of this, but really the only thing that matters is that the DEVS NEED TO GET THIS WORKED ON ASAP.
    I mean, they know about it, lol, i even think it was Jens that talked about it in the Home Turf preview where they had the Lair Battles.

Seriously though, its ruined PvP for me currently, and i'm not exagerating when i say that since the update i am encountering this bug 75% of arenas i run.

vote up now.
    • Like x 1
  17. renzhe New Player

No damage bug and the being unable to block bug in both Arenas and Legends is the stupidest and most frustrating thing ever.

Being in a Lair battle and having both yourself and your opponent getting the no damage bug is currently the most lol thing ever :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  18. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

well, i got a tiny new bit of testing info today.
    im actually in a lair battle as i type while me and the other player are waiting out 5 rounds after we got glitched to see who leaves first, lol.

ANYWAY, so both of us cant damage the other... and yes TERRORIZE is in my loadout with empowered channeling...
    but i just noticed that i CAN damage my sparing dummy... hmmm,,, interesting.
    • Like x 1
  19. BASSNUT New Player

20. REEEPR New Player

Even though this has to be connected to the same bug affecting pvp, i guess it needs it's own thread. I couldn't do damage in open world today after using Mass Terror or Tendrils. Eventually my weapon did start doing damage but powers where really buggy. Anyone else?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.