the Arena "No Damage Bug"

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TK PUSHA, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeelsGood New Player

I used to have this problem in 5v5 watch tower as well
    As well as safe houses
  2. BadHansel New Player

I have this bug often in the moon-arena
  3. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Using HL powers, I believe it can be caused by either claws or whipthrash, possibly on someone that has been encased or had other CCs stacked on them. Have also seen Mental trollers putting people in thought bubbles and glitching them as well. This bug is very common, anyone who PVPs sees it daily.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nitemare Kosmos New Player

I ran into this problem both in arenas and legends
  5. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

i actually had a really weird variation of this bug a day or two ago when i was on my healer.
    in a WT 5v5; i was bugging in and out of being able to do damage (mostly out), but was actually able to take damage the entire match.
    honestly i chalked it up to the really bad lag thats been plaguing pvp the last week or so.
    although there also was a Mental Troller throwing Terrorize on me the entire match, so there is that...
  6. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

had a really weird set of variations on the bug this morning in the 1st 1v1 i attempted.
    it was mental troller vs ice dps.

the odd thing about this particular instance was that we managed to un-do the bug more than once, but it came back relatively quick.
    this is one of the few times i've actually seen this happen where somehow the bug was undone.

unfortunately being on ps3 its not really possible to sync 1s and test with a friend or i think i might have been able to figure out more info on what was the trigger in this case.
    anyway, both of us were using Reflect from our powersets and it seemed to be the first thing that would start registering damage again a couple of the times it reset to norm.

also, one or two of the times i started getting damage again by tapping range attack, and the same seemed to occur for other player.
    also, it seemed that having one of us run into the other room and come back refreshed it at one point.

this is all really just grasping at straws and honestly there seems to be some pervasive technical issue that only the DEVs and official testers could get a grasp on. as many times as i've tried to find out what is triggering the bug it really seems beyond the capability of normal player observation.:confused:
  7. theTHRUSTER New Player

Agreed. This bug is just too random. I was wailing on this tank at the processing facility in Australia last night. He was ice, I'm nature. Melted him down to 10% health & the bug kicked in. We were the only players on the point. No boos, no pumpkins, no mental or hardlight players anywhere near us. He had a snow devil out when I first got there but that was it. I could still damage the snow devil after he bugged & wanted to see what would happen after I killed it but I was needed at the Zig so I left. Arenas are not the ideal testing environment. Lol
    • Like x 3
  8. PachamamaMan Well-Known Player

hoping it gets fixed, because many players exploit this bug in the form of getting a (free) node, carrying objectives (moon, city safehouses, hq), in fact the only times i have seen bugged players leave the match is in death match arenas (lair, the pit, containment and FoS). when this happens in lair battles i usually ask my opponent to leave the match if i had more round wins, or i quit if my opponent had more round wins.
    • Like x 2
  9. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

agreed 100% on both points.
    • Like x 1
  10. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

ok, some real interesting devleopments just now in my "tests", lol... i truely feel like a test subject at this point in lair battles.
    (ive even set up my lair to be a test lab).

anyway, as i reported earlier i was able to "unbug" it seemed by simply using tap range attacks with one hand.

so, just now i had a few battles and thankfully i randomly queued vs a villian on ps3 that i had already battled once, so the second match when the bug occured he didnt just bail on me and i chatted him up on versus to test a few things out.

strangely enough the tap range thing worked again.
    instead of the normal just sitting there with no powers or weapon attacks working i simply started tapping range and suddenly damage #s would start working.
    however no other attacks besides a simple tap range seemed to register... but then maybe a few other random pops of power damage would come as well... and then NOthing again, the bug would return.

even weirder was i started trying terrorize and while the bug was in effect i actually would get stuck in the Terrorize annimation for a long while... eventually i actually DC'd from this session so it is also possible that annimation sticking was the server about to kick me.
    ::sigh::

however, i am making slight progress with this' tap range thing' working to re initiate damage in two seperate tests now.
    • Like x 1
  11. PaperGirl New Player

This bug need to go , i report it since months , don't know how it's not a priority for you SOE ...
    Need that to be fixed please , also the healing bug and the block bug .
  12. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I saw this in 1vs1 twice today. Both times I got knocked-out in the first round and had to pick a respawn (I have never seen it before o_O) . We were still in the first round after I respawned and after we finished that round, the bug occured.
    The bug was slightly different each time:
    1. He could damage me but I couldn't damage him.
    2. We couldn't damage each other
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I forgot something:
    In the 1. case of the bug he couldn't counter me, but I could counter him. Awfully weird.
  14. GeoShock New Player

Good to know it's a bug. I thought it is some kind of new hack. I had a few fights when I could not dmg my oponent but he could dmg me.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

It seems like a generalized problem. No idea what the trigger is. I, too, have seen it in both Legends and Arenas. Hope they can figure this out.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I don't want to jinx it, but...we believe this is fixed internally. :)
    • Like x 8
  17. Aiden Warren New Player

On what date the fix was finalized?
    I've encountered this about 5 days ago.
    Ill hit record if I see it again and provide you the video.
  18. Ilunis Dedicated Player

I certainly hope so. It's bad when someone asks if you're "trying to hack", lol. All I could say was, "Wow, I really suck if I can't even make a supposed hack work." The villain lol'd and we sat and had a convo until the timer clicked to the end. While I do enjoy having intelligent discourse with the opposing side, this was definitely not the way to achieve it! ; )
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fixed internally means on our internal servers, not live yet.
  20. Volaron New Player

The ones that give me nightmares still are Lair battles and Watchtower.
    *One that I've confirmed is, If you get caught in a cutscene (lair battles) while using terrorize(finisher) when you come out of the cutscene you can't do dmg/have dmg done to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.