Tesla Ball vs. Shockwave

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LeagueOfV, Aug 11, 2015.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

With the duo dropping 112 weapons I'll see if I can collect some of these to try. I have some 110 dual wield I can use for ES combo. GU 51 also gives a boost to scissor kick damage. I'll test sk with the tb, but it may be too slow.
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta795 New Player

10 second parsers on league hall dummies
    First number is the DPS second is the crit %
    • Like x 1
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I finally got some time to test tesla ball vs. shockwave yesterday. I put on enough of my old 108 and 110 gear to get my CR to 126 to be closer to Tunso test stats. I still had syn 6 mods in most gear so my might was 9745 and my precision 3224. I didn't have a mod in my chest because I already recovered the bytes, so I lost that crit bonus.
    For tesla ball I chose the 10% crit damage iconic over the crit chance based on some ealier feedback in this thread.
    1st number is 10 second parse, 2nd number is crit %.

8 target shockwave
    17809 43.9
    19337 47.4
    21231 42.4
    19936 44.6
    21729 36.8
    32610 46.6
    20134 43.0

8 target tesla ball
    23203 35.1
    22421 33.9
    25449 37.6
    23220 40.5
    23692 37.0
    24110 36.7
    25493 41.4
    26011 41.8

I don't know where the 32k spike on shockwave came from. Probably a combo of crit damage on the DoTs and SW at the same time. Overall I'm seeing the same 15-20% increase in damage I saw with my 131 CR test last week.

I also tried the 3 target to compare a more realistic raid scenario.

3 target shockwave
    18196 45.9
    16935 40.6
    22836 37.0
    19807 40.0
    20745 46.2
    21639 50.0

3 target tesla ball
    22164 44.4
    19623 39.5
    21419 36.3
    20277 36.4
    18982 39.9
    21682 43.7

Here the damage is close. With the better crit chance, it seems like shockwave will win out over a longer test time.

I didn't have time to compare SF and SK, but I want to do that next because of the SK boost in gu51.
    I didn't test a single target, but I am very confident shockwave will win there.

In a real raid scenario with smaller groups of adds and 4-5 dps, electric is stuck with shockwave. If you only have 2-3 dps, then enemies may live long enough for tesla ball to be effective. Because I had the tb loadout in an armory for testing, I switched to it for NGN where you have lots of adds in the open world, and at the final boss. I'll try to do some more testing with my 131 CR, but as long as you have 4+ dps in a raid I think shockwave is the best you can do.
  4. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

I didn't read all the comments but I know for single target you're better off spamming SF > Shockwave.
    • Like x 1
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yes, after setting up DoTs SF c/SW is best for single target. I have not done any testing to compare a WM loadout using Static Push, and Ionic Drain below 35% health for a single target.
  6. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

You can also (super clip) with electric when wired is off cool down :eek:
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Does super clip mean use wired to clip the animation of the previous power? You can see swifty doing that in the video on page 1 for arc lightning. You don't see any AL animation, but get the damage. You can also clip solar flame for no animation. I'm not sure what super clip is o_O, sorry.
  8. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I'm Srry but I can't tell u how to do it because it's a bug
    • Like x 1
  9. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I just started reading the Gotham thread about super clipping, so I know what it means now. Thanks.:)
    • Like x 1
  10. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

Enjoy setting up your dots in 2 secs :)
  11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Thanks for giving me DPS tips for my character; xRIDExTHExLIGHTNINGx.
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Although the use of Tesla ball instead of Shockwave increases the damage an electric toon can do to make its damage comparable with Nature, earth, or sorcery; it won't come close to Ice, quantum, fire or Mental.

However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. For me, I don't need to be the Ultra powerful power of the moment as long as I can dish out good damage.

No, the bad thing with Electric is its Damage over a Long Time. A "long time" being defined as outside the 8 seconds it takes for Mental to end his rotation with Mass Terror Or Quantum's Time bomb or Fire's firebursting twice or Ice's two Arctic gusts. Any of which would probably have killed everything in their path.

No, the bad thing with Electric is it's slower power regeneration wherein one rotation of this particular type will result in about 64% to 70% of your power base remaining while the aforementioned powers will have 95% back.

But, it is true. Tesla Ball instead of Shockwave will get you a better damage result. And in areas where there are large groups of ads with a high rate of survivability, I think Electric can really shine; if you have the power to maintain the rotation.
    • Like x 1
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

You are correct about the new power regeneration. Setting up your DoTs drains your power bar too much. I think the old power back you were still over 50% after setting up the DoTs. I guess the new power regeneration is better for "long" fights, but adds in all the raids are dead before electrogenesis is off cooldown. You basically have 12 seconds to do as much damage as possible in raids on the adds.

I haven't seen anyone try it in a video loadout yet, but my next idea is to try tb and sw together in the same loadout. I need to experiment with using wired to electrify instead of arc lightning to free up a spot in my loadout for both. My idea is to use Swifty's rotation, but clip sf with sw instead of al and vb when tb is on cool down. Hopefully I'll have time to try it out tonight.