Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Almost forgot a style I've wanted for a long time. The OG Brother Blood helm (saber toothed demon skull thingy)
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Another idea: Between a Skin and Styles, I'd like to be able to create a humanoid, sentient dragon.

Inspirations would include Worsel from the Lensman anime...

[IMG]

[IMG]

...and other humanoid "dragonmen" from fantasy and science fiction:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hell, we already HAVE some appropriate wings as Back Styles, we just need everything else! ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I should add that yes, I realize we already have a Reptile Skin:

[IMG]

But that's just not the same thing, since it's based more on Killer Croc and characters like him. If the Reptile Skin could be modified with some Style pieces from the Marketplace that would give a more Dragon-like head, and a tail, and maybe some legs that look a bit less human, then it could work. This would be similar to how there are Head/Face, Hand, and Foot Styles that can be used to modify the existing animal Skins to make a character look even more beastly. :cool:
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

With Episode 18, Hawkgirl's hand style was made available to us via the "Corrupted Talons" style. I'd like to see Hawkgirl's boots receive the same kind of deal. I've had my eye on them for quite some time. I'd really appreciate if they were made available through a Briefing/Collection or even the Marketplace.

They're heeled and they're spectacular! :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Ummm, yeah, you DO realize that Style Set's ALREADY IN THE GAME, right?

It's one of the 8 New 52-Inspired Style Sets that come out of the Promethium Lockboxes. Here's what the complete Style Set looks like:

[IMG]

His Gun Arm's in the game, also, as a Hand Blaster Style called Cyborg Glove Gun:

[IMG]

The ONLY thing in that image that isn't part of the Style Set is the backpack with the hoses/cables coming off of it. But there are a number of high tech Back Styles that could work, depending on your personal preference.
    • Like x 1
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Even better make it so that the pants have the names of the different Lantern Corps on the butt! :D
    • Like x 1
  7. speedster1981 Committed Player

How many people would like to see the atomic skull style in dcuo Including the Flaming Head style and to make it even better it would be really nice if the flame colour was able to be adjusted with your Style Colour Pallet

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

If scars are as tricky to add as has been explained here,
    then it wold be great, if there would be more cool chest-styles added, which have a scarf attached to them. :)
    For example as winter seasonal items? :D
    • Like x 1
  9. Megzilla Developer

We have something else in mind for winter seasonal ^_~
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Please say there is a snowman base item finally?
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I hope so. I love snowman. So seasonal. Reminds me of Frosty the Snowman.
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Any ideas when we'll get an idea about what's going to be in the next capsule ?
  13. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Speaking about winter event - any chance 3 Nutcracker heads will be available through the vendor this time instead of loot only? Windows variant without curtains maybe? Unless you work only with player styles and not lair items.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont wanna derail the thread so last post im gonna do on this. But 5 years worth of christmas events and no snowman base item? Cmon now.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Clearly, neither one of you poozers understands the technical limitations as to WHY this can't be done, so allow me to enlighten you both!

You see, the NPCs can have that physical, 3-D model of a power ring on their hand because the ring is part of the hand style for that NPC-only uniform for their particular Corps.

The reason Player Characters CAN NOT NOW, NOR WILL THEY EVER BE ABLE TO, HAVE THAT is because of the sheer number of different Hand Styles that have to be taken into account, each one in 18 different sizes/shapes (3 Male Body Types + 3 sizes each, and 3 Female Body Types + 3 sizes each.) Just adding a new version of a particular Hand Style to display a visible power ring on the middle finger of the right hand means that you've now literally DOUBLED the number of 3-D hand models that have to be programmed into the game! And if you then want them to have separate versions for each of the 3 playable Corps' rings, you've now QUADRUPLED the number of Hand Style models the game has to have programmed in. Add in all of the non-playable Corps, and you've REALLY given the Devs a massive headache!

THEREFORE, the most EFFICIENT system was what they gave us: WHEN you're playing as a ring-slinger, an appropriately-colored "ring glow" appears over the middle finger of the right hand of your character. That's the way it was, the way it is, and the only way it WILL BE. Anything else is simply too much of a drain on the game's finite resources. I mean, sinceriously, which would you rather have: Visible Power Rings on your characters' hands, or many more new additional Style Sets that you WON'T get if they have to add that many variations of the Hand Styles to the game?!?

The only CORRECT answer is the latter! :p

Oy... these poozers these days, I tell ya... :rolleyes:

P.S. As for the glitches you're seeing of the ring glow not appearing in the correct place, PLEASE take a SCREENSHOT of it when it's happening, and post it over in the Bug Reporting Forum along with FULLY-DETAILED INFO that the Devs will find useful, including, but not limited to, which system you're playing on, which server, and full details on your character's Body Type, Body Size, and which Hand Style is being used.
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I would love a scarf too! People have been asking for this for years!

Doesn't the Ares back piece show that some back styles can work and have a front/ chest element to them as well?

I'm begging ;D
    • Like x 1
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

This chest please. And make it so any emblem can be worn w/it.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. speedster1981 Committed Player

heck energy wings of any style what would go with your colour pallet would be awesome too!!
    • Like x 6
  19. CrashTest Dummy New Player

Flash Ears as a face piece. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) outfit. Both Hawkman n Hawkwoman's Helmets. Flash emblem and just more emblems in general. Two tone capes and hoods (outside is different color than inside...think Batgirl's cape and Spidey Gwen's hood). Black Manta's Helmet done proper. Killer Moth outfit from Batman: Bad Blood animation. Hawk's cape, of Hawk n Dove. Helmet of Nabu. Harbinger's helmet (from Crisis). Artemis outfit (from Young Justice animation). Skeets as a talking pet trinket. Also Glomulus as a pet trinket. DJ Headphones, a backwards baseball cap. Is animated eyes at all possible? Sorry I'm spoiled with Second Life. The DCUO models blank stares bother me to no end. Might have to learn new 'rigging & bones' techniques to accomplish that Feat. Also, apologize for the mashup, I'm just too lazy to post pics.
  20. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm replaying Gotham Under Siege missions, trying to finish off the Amazon Polemarch style, and I had forgotten I wanted these magnificent wings.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2