TANk Artifact ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by zor ile, Nov 21, 2019.

1. zor ile Well-Known Player

did y'all just totally forget about one for this up coming go around with artifacts?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Controller role didn't get a specific one either.
    • Like x 3
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

tanks don't need one, what more would you want?
    • self & group buff to health
    • defense & self healing buff
    • perma 25% supercharge usage & small heals
    • self revive every 15min
    • 1/2 dmg on proc & strongest shield instant reset cooldown
    • Like x 5
  4. Critical Massacre Committed Player

They should have just made a crappy tank artifact so people wouldn’t complain. Make one the just automatically kills you at level 80, I bet people would still upgrade it.
    • Like x 4
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If the Mystic 7 heals proc the strategist card when they crit, that could be a good artifact for tanks.
  6. GRIN New Player

they gonna complain either way lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

What about an artifact that everytime you use a sheild, your hp is halved but your defense is doubled?

There is alot of possibilty and intersting concepts, I would enjoy to see xd:)
    Some tanks lack pulls, others are underperforming. The new dps artifacs specialy the talon one, seems pretty intersting specially if they make a power of tanks too:) Its a shame super-speed is the only with op tank moviment powers;_;
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'd like to see a tank artifact that focuses on stuns and crowd control. That seems to be a vital aspect of tanking that has thus far been untouched by the artifact system.
    • Like x 3
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Agreed
  10. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I think the next power they are going to release is going to be stretchy power like Elastic man, and that will be a tank based off of absorbing. So we’ll probably get an artifact with that when it comes out.
  11. Zydelo New Player

I was thinking the exact same thing especially during the metal man bat bounty. The dominance stat and crowd control in general is still very much an untapped potential. Controllers and Tanks both use a form of crowd control but their fundamentals clash at times. Maybe introducing an artifact to assist in making these roles more complimentary to each other and their affects for the team more noticeable.
  12. Incineration Inferno Active Player

First I would like to say that at no time am I attacking or trying to discredit your remarks. I've been playing since beta myself and I've always respected how you back up your finding with stats.

While I respect your opinion based off of your own experiences the same could be said for every other role in the game not needed one based off your reasoning.

1.) Prec DPS def didn't need another one and certainly not 300%
    2.) Might Based DPS have choices for days and aren't limited a few narrow artifacts(depending on how you like to play).
    3.) Healers didn't need another one after receiving Orb of Arion at 300% priority heal, Gemini, Philosophers Stone(these two I listed because they aren't Tank artifacts as you put it but ones that can be utilized by all roles),etc.
    4.) While they really didn't get a true Artifact this time either they at least got a choice from the new one that does POT (bad as it may be).

My solo argument regarding the lack of a Tank artifact is this unless your fire (which I have been since the beginning until literally 2 weeks ago just for a chance of pace) then no new artifact benefits you what so ever.

Now that I'm earth and I'm not battle tanking due to my hand is messed up currently(for a short time) I'm a full out old school survival, take all damage and hold aggro tank. I realize that many people take advantage of the Gemini and theirs nothing wrong with that but for those of us who dont run or need a SC it's useless.

While the Lazarus Pit Water does give the self revival aspect every 15sec(which is wonderful/but this is again for all roles) to my knowledge it doesn't work in elite content which would be only placed I'd even use it. Still 2 lives and your done( if this has changed please correct me and my argument is clearly over regarding the Tank choices).

I was actually excited about the new Artifact system of Building up/stacking/etc over hits/time then a release of these numbers all at once for a predetermined amount of time then a reset to start again. I was hoping for a Tank artifact that at say lvl 200(not expecting this at lower levels obviously) would build up stats buy say how much damage you take in over say 35-60sec and then proc say a temporary buff of 5%dom, 5% resto, 5%health and 5% def for next 15 sec. After this it would reset the damage intake count and begin to rebuild again but we got nothing.

I just feel that no matter how good or bad these new ones are Tanks got the shaft on this.

Again all the respect in the world Chill I actually follow you on YouTube and have commented when I was a FireTank for end game elite content. Not say this as a angry or bitter player just feel like we were left off the table. I hope that my post here receives positive feedback even if you don't agree I would respect your opinions.

Thank You all for you time and dont bash my grammatical errors lol I rushed this and didn't proof read

Incinerating Inferno
    284cr/494sp Fire/Earth Tank/DPS
    Villain
    PS4 been on since Crisis
    • Like x 3
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

No offense taken but you didn't actually answer what I asked though, I listed the current tank ones and asked what more would a tank want to feel not "shafted" by artifacts? Tanks have artifacts that grant them:
    -more supercharge regen for shields
    -shield cooldown resets and 1/2 spike dmg taken
    -extra defense and self heals
    -health buff
    When compared to Healers what do they have? Starheart is garbage, EoG is the same for tank/healer so its a wash. The Orb is good but not for every healer playstyle with a 15k+ power cost every 1.5 seconds. The Demon fang is trash too for healing as it does no healing just some extra dmg and tiny power return. Healers have been shafted the most which is why they have have 3 this dlc that is basically used for them.

Tanks have some of the best artifacts in the entire game to help them, I just don't understand the notion that tanks are being shafted or left out with these artifacts.
    • Like x 4
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I agree that of the three support roles, tanks already have the best and most complete lot of choices for artifacts, but you did ask the question "what more COULD I want" and to that I say "challenge accepted!":D

So if if I put my "I'm greedy and want it all!" hat on, I'd love to have an artifact that increases distance and/or area of the pull and maybe makes it ignore blocking and immunity. Or it ignores immunity for CC and lunging when it procs. Or makes our block invulnerable to block break which would make MOMe last boss less dependent on luck.
    • Like x 1
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

yea im sure the open world pvpers or duelers in the watchtower would love to face a tank class that cannot be blockbroken at all
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No but in open world areas you can wear a mix of PvP and PvE gear. For example Mental toons that wear all PvP gear except for PvE hands slotted with Improved Stealth tactical mod.
  17. Offending Habits New Player

It's funny he did answer you. U just choose to ignore his idea ;)
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Because his idea already exists so that would be 100% completely pointless. Standing in your own EoG at 200 upon a supercharge or any Healer's 160-200 EoG you would get 5% Dom, Health & Resto. Plus you get the healing yourself from the castor's watch proc. A tank can have a near perma 5% buff increase with a nature bug healer using EoG.

So I chose to ignore it because he is just describing a worse version of the EoG proc, or were you not aware that is how that artifact worked when you chose to reply to me?
  19. Offending Habits New Player

I'm well aware. He mentioned a artifact buffing your defence also a artifact for those tanks who choose not to use a supercharge. So again why ignore his idea.
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Buffing defense wouldn't actually help as much as players think, that stat has become completely convoluted since stats revamp and it scales based on CR. So even if you had higher defense you would just end up taking similar damage. Not going to drastically change your survivability. And news flash the mystic symbol already buffs defense up to 20% so............... once again I ask why ask for artifacts that already exist.

He could have simply said an artifact based upon the 6 elite proc with the pet damage transfer. Portion of your damage is transferred to any pet or pet trinket you have active.