TANk Artifact ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by zor ile, Nov 21, 2019.

1. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Transformation card has a lot of potential for some tanks... Unfortunately, it currently only gives power and has NO health stat whatsoever. Bummer... A fire tank could make really make good use of it given its synergy with the mystic of the 7. I thought a bit of diversity and flexibility would be nice when it comes to tanking and ended up ranting in the feedback thread about it-haven’t heard response from the devs. Feel free to chime in... I think I understand why you hate the forums now. The artifact seems to be viable on a fire tank since you can drop menacles but ideally refractor of course if a second tank has one on. Atomics could probably run this too playing around with the specs and such so you are not as reliant on combos but rather your aura allowing you to run around a bit longer popping proton remedy and such in between here and there to compensate for doing less combos.
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In theory it sounds perfectly fine but Batuba isn't going to change an artifact designed for dps and healer roles just so that 1 tank class out of 5 can make use of it. And yes I know other tanks have self heals that could proc it but rage tanks don't use Ire, ice uses no self heal, earth tanks aren't using soothing sands, atomic tanks may use proton but that is only every 18s, if they even run it.
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While all that is true, almost all tanks run Mystic 7 which, as you know, have heals that crit after at 160. Since the devs seems to be all about artifact synergy, I feel like this is a missed opportunity to create a synergistic artifact pairing.
    • Like x 2
  4. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Like how they forgot to give us a healer artifact last batch? Let others have a turn, please.
    • Like x 1
  5. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Mystyc symbol and menacles of force are viable for healers. In fact, some, including myself prefer to to run menacles on heals rather than orb or demon’s fang on water or other heals like celest etc. Menacles is a tank artifact but used by the heals? Say whaaa? What turn? You can run menacles on both, heals and tank so if you happen to switch from water to fire and vice versa menacles isn’t useless. They should have added healer shield reset ability to menacles at max rank, instead they limit your play styles

Yeah rage probably won’t run ire and stuff but aromic can actually spec 60 into crit, though it may sound like a waste it my experience it really wasn't. Atomic can spec like a fire tank then go health and some dom and make up for the dom/heals when performing combos from passive healing provided by the mystic of the 7/transformation card. With a decent health pool on live and closer to 500sp to play around with it could become a viable play style. Yeah I mean, you’d lose dom and some heals when doing combos but it will probably even out with proton remedy, passive healing and a massive health pool. Density sucks anyway and could even be replaced with pheromone bloom or metabolic boost or amazon deflection/phase dodge. I’m not saying it would be good for an earth tank but plenty run soothing sands with aftershocks
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The only use I can see for Earth and that artifact is damage tanking. Not sure it would be worth it or not.
  7. Batuba Developer

A healer artifact is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to!
    - Gandalf while talking about artifacts
    • Like x 3
  8. Ully Committed Player

Eye of Gemini.. Eye of Sauron ? :)
    • Like x 1