T1 Sentinels of Magic Citadel Boss Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ShockNOwn, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShockNOwn New Player

After hitting the Anhk of Power and the cutscene plays through. Dr. Fate and Brother Blood are invisible between the blue lockout wall and the exit to where you are unable to defeat Dr. Fate. I and a fellow league member have run through this twice each with the same results.
    • Like x 15
  2. ShockNOwn New Player

USPC Villain
  3. Monsoon New Player

I had the same problem today on 2 different characters during the single player Tier 1 Challenge mode. One was a healer and Fate's red dot and target marker did appear inside the correct area and I could defeat him, but he was invisible. The other was a tank and Fate never got through the door. This was working last week. It looked like Blood's marker indicated he was able to move back and forth thru the wall, but he was invisible.
  4. Techtonic New Player

Happened to me just now on the USP3 server. Must have come with the update because it didn't do this yesterday.
  5. ShockNOwn New Player

They must have the location off just a hair
  6. Pinky Well-Known Player

At the final Ankh after I use it, I see the cutscene of my villain, and can hear Brother Blood and Dr Fate talking. But I can't seem them. After the cutscene ends, I can hear them, but I can't see nor attack Dr Fate. Brother Blood is invisible as well. After I relog and try again, I don't encounter the bug again.

However, this is not the first time I've encountered this bug. I came across it a couple of days back but relogging again solved the issue.
    • Like x 2
  7. rinku Active Player

I managed to target Fate, and it appears he is outside the sealed area. I think instead of being invisible, Fate and Blood may be spawning in the wrong locations.

Still getting this after one restart, but I'll keep at it.
  8. Necromega New Player

Tier 1 Challenge: Sentinels of Magic Citadel
    Dr. Fate spawns behind the blue magic barricade and thus is unattackable. Challenge cannot be completed at this time.
    I warped rally and proceeded to try the encounter again... with the same result.
    I have never experienced this before in this challenge and have not read any posts on this... so I am guessing this is a new bug.
    • Like x 7
  9. Karmapolice Well-Known Player

This happened to me as well. Both Dr. Fate and Brother Blood were invisible and behind a blue magic barrier. Dr. Fate could be targeted but attacks would not hit him. I logged out and then tried it again and that time it worked fine. I'm not sure if I did anything different in the instance or if the bug just happens randomly.
  10. glow New Player

Happened to me as well.
  11. T20thoughts New Player

So I've done the first Operations raid on the Hero side (With A Vengeance) on EUPS3 three times, and Every Single Time there's been a problem with... actually making Dr. Fate appear so we can talk to him after we've beaten the Avenging Spirit Guidicus boss.

This seems to be preceded with us not actually seeing Dr. Fate appear in the cutscene that starts the raid. And every time it's happened, it's been solved as people left and re-entered the instance. I have no pattern to what made him come back, but it seems like one person leaving and/or one person coming back to the instance simply suddenly makes him appear, so we can go on and get into the Metropolis bits of the raid.

Now, there's a pretty easy fix for this, at least to my non-programmer eyes... Don't make us have to talk to Dr. Fate after we've finished the boss. Just have him do his little talk automatically, and then let us go on so we can leave for Metropolis, like after we've beaten any FOS raid, or BC raid.

There's no reason for us as players to have to actively go talk to Fate. We're already in the room, we've beaten the boss, it's just an unnecessary obstacle before we have to go back out. And it adds up to 10-15 minutes to each raid I've been in as we try to figure out how to lure Fate out so we can go talk to him.
    • Like x 3
  12. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I support this thread! There was a time when it seemed to be fixed, and then it wasn't anymore...
  13. T20thoughts New Player

Just to clarify: The leaving/re-entering thing doesn't work with EVERYONE... Fate seems to respond to someone in particular. Someone in one of the raids I was in thought the leader had to be the one to leave and then re-enter.

I do know that you don't have to re-do the opening portion of the raid in order to make Fate appear.
  14. X604 New Player

Is it just me, when I try to go against Doctor Fate in the solo instance Sentinels of Magic Citadel I go through the whole instance no problem until I reach Doctor Fate then him and Brother Blood are invisible, even if i manage to defeat the invisible Doctor Fate I cant speak to Brother Blood after all is said and done...so what the hell.
  15. X604 New Player

16. Durath Sa New Player

I have had this happen to me as well. They are not invisible when I do it, but I thought they were: they were spawning on the wrong side of the barrier (the side where you would normally exit the instance after the end).
  17. THE BATWING Dedicated Player

I hit the ank ...it did some cut scene dr fate is behind wall and unseeable but targetable ... Brother blood just not there
    • Like x 2
  18. Mighty Bug New Player

PS3

When you get to the end, the room is blocked off and the boss doesn't show up to fight him. Well, he does.. on the other side of the wall and he's invisible.. as is Brother Blood. Ran it twice, 2nd time after relogging so it's glitched.
    • Like x 1
  19. Monsoon New Player

I played this yesterday afternoon and it looks like it has been fixed.
  20. Laff Riot New Player

I was doing this challenge mission. Got all the way to the end with no problems as always. But when I clicked on the ankh to get Brother Blood and Dr Fate out, neither of them were in the cut scene. No big deal but then neither of them were there for the fight. Dr Fate and Brother Blood where on the outside of the blue wall and I could not see them nor damage Dr Fate even though I could target them. I know one of my league mates has the same issue.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.