Support Role Availability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shellheart76, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

there it is. & that's exactly why I will never troll ever again. ever. it's a thankless task, & it's only reward is abuse from idiots who wouldn't know their own ar*es from their elbows. never again.
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Pretty sure you have to equipped the gear, have it in bank or inventory for it to effect your CR.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I'm pretty sure just being in your inventory counts towards the overall CR. You do have to equip it to make your equipped CR to go up.
  4. Shellheart76 Active Player

Sorry for bumping an old post, but I just saw this. I appreciate your suggestion, the problem is that it isn't remotely helpful, or a realistic solution, and it suggests to me that you're probably an older player who doesn't actually know what it's like starting a new role when your average teammate is 200 crs above you. Yes, I can stay in t5 or whatever for an indefinite amount of time, and I have done this. My attempt at gadgets trolling is at stasis in t6. Unfortunately, there is no way to be sure I'm only grouped with players of that tier, which brings us straight into another problem. It's super nice and idealistic to say "just slow down and stay in earlier content a while" and wrap everything in a neat little bow, but you still won't actually learn anything when every group you get ends up with 1-3 players at 310 rushing through. I don't know if you play older content a lot. I do, even on my 320 toons, because some of them need feats and styles etc, and the vast, vast majority of old content is, surprisingly, higher level players. It's really, really hard to tank enemies your teammates killed before you even got a chance to pull them. It's also really hard to troll when your cr is so comparatively low you don't particularly affect your teammate's power bar.

You're still not learning any mechanics of your role because the 310s are steamrolling right through, so instead of staying behind to learn your role, you're wasting time that would be better spent on a toon whose role you do know, and then, guess where you are? That's right, you're straight back to step 1: the original problem I presented in this post.
  5. zNot Loyal Player

To be honest there is alot of ways to become better there are many youtube guides you cant expect to be learning from playing only random raids or alerts

Generally Being a support roll requieres more skill then DPS why else would most play as DPS? Ofcourse alot like to do damage but they also know being a support roll requieres more responibility if you just cant do it you cant no need to force yourself. Also controlling is fairly simple not sure what you need to learn there
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Well you can build a group with CRs on your level, and alerts arent really a good place to try and learn support roles imo. Most if not all mechanics in a alert can be avoided.

Your better off joining or creating a league of people around your own level. Because like you said even you on your own 320cr go back so you're causing others issues that others are causing you.
  7. Shellheart76 Active Player

Ah, that is a practical solution. So instead of the devs creating some sort of instance or venue for the purpose of learning a new role, I'll simply start a new league. Nevermind the people in the other faction, or the people who don't speak my language, or the people on xbox or switch, or the people beyond the league population cap...or the fact that an entire league of noobs is basically the blind leading the blind. Fantastic, thanks.
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Do as I did when I first started out, ut forth the effort and try to learn the game yourself instead of wanting things changed to accommodate you and your ignorance or the game.

We all started dumb as hell but look at the people who has been here 10 years, we have so much knowledge of the game now, and it wasnt by wanting everything changed so we can continue to play in our 'noob' state we pushed forward seeking help and information. That's all you have to do. Do your research on YouTube, Google ect plenty of info out there.