Summer event begins June 23

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sbel, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

*checks date*

*checks date in OP*

OMFG YAY! Last day of working (in a school), first day of summer seasonal!!! YAY!!!!!!
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There will probably be a hotfix later today.

As usual.... communication is not DCUOs strongest point.

The seasonal starts today..... and still not a word about it in the Announcement section of the forum.

Typical. :rolleyes:

Heck if not for Sbel starting this thread..... we still would not know about it.
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I have pugged it many times it not hard. Swamp thing was worsr. Even if you don't do instance. Takes what 2 to 3 minutes for open world
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This years new pattern for events has them starting and stopping in the mid-day range, PDT.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dezaras Loyal Player

"There are currently no plans to announce anything. Exclamation mark."
    • Like x 2
  6. StopPerving Dedicated Player

Hey give em credit. At least they tweeted that it'd start today :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

This year we will be stat clamped while fighting in the seasonal event.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Even stat clamped he was never hard. that's a fact.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i ask on twitter but have got no response as of yet. Really wish they hurry up with this i want to see the new base items
    i miss last year summer event i am not missing this one :mad:
  10. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

That's factually an opinion. It's also an opinion rooted in an impossibility. Because players have never fought him while stat clamped.
    • Like x 6
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

That may be but players have fought at t2 lvl before. And 4 years ago he wasnt hard. So may be a opinion but ppl from day 1 can agree
    • Like x 1
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I guess I will be on every day until I complete this seasonal...I'm not going to run much else other than the seasonal and NGN once a week. DCUO has me now for another 3-4 weeks before I book for another 2-3 weeks.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If you have Dragon Age Inquistion you can also do multi-player for FREE....
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, your recall of the first year of this event is flawed, a large amount of people hated the instance the first year. Many still aren't fans of it but they have learned how to do it.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Or you can run the summer event, and play those games later. Nothing stopping you from doing that except for...you. ;)
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But don't forget that you still have to get at least two other people on the switches to hit Ocean Master/Aquaman with the beam, otherwise they regain health and go back on the attack. You have NO idea how clueless the general masses are to the simple instruction of manning one of those switches. I have spent upwards of half an hour because they refused to get on the mic, or acknowledge what was typed. In fact, I have since given up on running the seasonal instances if I had no friends or leaguemates on. The reward is crap, and the instance too much of a headache with the clueless.
    • Like x 3
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

-claps- the most valid point I've heard sir which is why I will only run with league
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Nothing is FREE..... you do have to buy the game. So you did PAY for the MP when you bought the game at $70 at the time.

I did play the MP of DAI...... got sick of it pretty quick.

It was the equivalent of Alerts in DCUO.

And there was a big....... 3 maps.

So imagine replaying the same 3 Alerts over and over and over.

And it had gamebreaking bugs.

To get XPs...... you had to finish the Alert.... otherwise NO XPs.

You had various locked doors to go through to reach the end of the missions and finish it.

But.... fun fun fun there was a BUG where sometimes you just could NOT unlock a door.
    So you were stuck there and could go no further.

So you had no choice but leave the mission and get 0 XPs.
    And it was not a once in a while thing...... it could easily happen 3 times out of 5.

So I gave up on DAI MP.

Might try it again at some point to see if they added more stuff and if they fixed whatever issues they had.

We shall see.
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

here i am still no summer event :confused: these are the boat's or ship"s are from Last Year![IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Some of my friends bought a PS4 specifically so we could play together... NOW. Today NOW!!! NOW I SAYS!!!. ;)

Not in 6 months.

So odds are..... my play time will be spent playing with friends.

And my play time being limited.... odds are playing with friends will use up all the time I have to play.

Sad.... but it happens. ;)

Right now we plan to play Destiny..... Madden.... and CoD. If all those stink..... then we may try Battlefield.
    And we have plans to try out ESO.

Maybe if I decide to take a break this summer.... I might have time for DCUO or the seasonal.... did not decide if i would take another assignment right away or if I will take some time off this summer.

We shall see.
    • Like x 1